MLB 2011 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the Jason Sobel nugget...

Albert Pujols signs with Los Angeles Angels for reported $250 million over 10 years. Entire PGA Tour purse in 2011 was $288 million.

WOW!!

Wakefield played for the Pirates

Yes but he's been with the Sox since 1995... the post said 10 years or more, not 1 team entire career. I'd consider him a lifer Red Sox (Much like Steve Carlton was a lifer Philly even though he started in St Louis).

Also forgot about Veritek and M Young.

Albert Pujols signs with Los Angeles Angels for reported $250 million over 10 years. Entire PGA Tour purse in 2011 was $288 million.

WOW!!
That is unbelieveable, but if the Angels think they can get like 500 million to a billion on their investment in 10 years, why not!

By pujols! Hope you get a career ending injury in spring training! Selfish a hole

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

WOW!!
Well if you are looking at it year by year, it's 25 million to 288 million.

Not sure how Cards fans can be mad at Pujols leaving. He had every right to. The Angels offered him more $. He led them to two World Series Championships.

The 10 year deal was worth it IMO. It was worth it because it helped them get Pujols even if he is only good for 6 of them. He will make them contenders for however long he is good (I'd bet most, if not all of, the contract).

And Howzat, I feel your pain. I'm a Mets fan. :(

Well if you are looking at it year by year, it's 25 million to 288 million.
It's still ridiculous. I heard Kansas City was able to offer him 4.7 million a year for 2 years.

I still cannot get over him making $70,000 a DAY for the next 10 years.. sweet jesus.

And if you break it down by game... he makes $156,790 per game and based on a 3.5 hour game... equal $44,797 per hour.

:banghead:

I still cannot get over him making $70,000 a DAY for the next 10 years.. sweet jesus.

And if you break it down by game... he makes $156,790 per game and based on a 3.5 hour game... equal $44,797 per hour.

:banghead:
I never thoughts I'd try and push my son into a sport, but baseball may be the ticket!!! I'm kidding of course, but I wonder how these large contracts are effecting kids starting in sports and makes them jump into baseball with guaranteed contacts.

Not sure how Cards fans can be mad at Pujols leaving. He had every right to. The Angels offered him more $. He led them to two World Series Championships.

The 10 year deal was worth it IMO. It was worth it because it helped them get Pujols even if he is only good for 6 of them. He will make them contenders for however long he is good (I'd bet most, if not all of, the contract).

And Howzat, I feel your pain. I'm a Mets fan. :(

Disagree with most of this. As a Cardinals fan, I applaud Pujols for the 10 great years he gave to the city of St. Louis. 3 MVPs, 9 all star appearances, and 2 world series victories. I am glad we experienced the best 10 years of Pujols, and I do think that then Angels will begin to regret this contract in about 6 years.

The money was worth it to the Cardinals because he is Albert, he was the icon of St. Louis. The Cardinals will still be the favorites in the NL central, and freeing up that money will benefit us in the long run.

Good luck Albert

As a Cardinals fan, I applaud Pujols for the 10 great years he gave to the city of St. Louis. 3 MVPs, 9 all star appearances, and 2 world series victories. I am glad we experienced the best 10 years of Pujols, and I do think that then Angels will begin to regret this contract in about 6 years.

The money was worth it to the Cardinals because he is Albert, he was the icon of St. Louis. The Cardinals will still be the favorites in the NL central, and freeing up that money will benefit us in the long run.

Good luck Albert

Pretty much my sentiments exactly. I'm glad we had him for as long as we did, but also glad we're not paying him for the next 10 years. I would have been on board had we signed him, but now that the dust has settled, it wouldn't have been a good move for the ballclub. As a club that doesn't have an unlimited budget, we'll be better off spreading that 22 mil a year around to several players.

He is better off in the AL anyway if he wants to try and play for another 10 years. It was brought up all along that he was looking for a record deal and wanted the big money long term. He got it, good for him if that's what he wanted.

Rangers are becoming real players in MLB and appear to be here to stay. Rangers win the rights to Yu Darvish for 51.7 million and now have 30 days to sign him. Contract will be an anywhere from 50 million to 70 million and over 100 million total. Not my $$$$, but great move by the Rangers to possible get a solid 1 if they get lucky. Don't have to give up anything from the farm system to see but the guy throws some sick stuff. As a Rangers fan, it's great to see your club finally playing ball with the big boys.

Rangers are becoming real players in MLB and appear to be here to stay. Rangers win the rights to Yu Darvish for 51.7 million and now have 30 days to sign him. Contract will be an anywhere from 50 million to 70 million and over 100 million total. Not my $$$$, but great move by the Rangers to possible get a solid 1 if they get lucky. Don't have to give up anything from the farm system to see but the guy throws some sick stuff. As a Rangers fan, it's great to see your club finally playing ball with the big boys.
Hopefully this experiment works out better for the Rangers than it has for other teams like the Red Sox and Braves.

Hopefully this experiment works out better for the Rangers than it has for other teams like the Red Sox and Braves.
No doubt....there is some risk, but they've been scouting him for the last 3 years now and with the support of Nolan, Mike and Greg Maddux in the clubhouse he's gonna have a good shot at making it. The best news for Ranger fans concerning this move - it's clear the club isn't satisfied with consecutive AL West titles.

No doubt....there is some risk, but they've been scouting him for the last 3 years now and with the support of Nolan, Mike and Greg Maddux in the clubhouse he's gonna have a good shot at making it. The best news for Ranger fans concerning this move - it's clear the club isn't satisfied with consecutive AL West titles.

In Nolan we trust!

Just like with any prospect you never know how they are going to perform but if Darvish is even half as good as he has been in Japan so far he should be fine. I think some Ranger fans would feel like he was a bust if he isn't the ace of the staff there in a couple of years because of the money involved but the reality is he may only ever be a decent #2 or even a #3. I would trust Nolan Ryan when it comes to pitching talent so I suspect he is going to be better than that.

How old is Darvish? And don't forget that he's been great against medicre hitting. Let's see how he does in the MLB. I hope he does well.

I'm not a huge baseball fan, but I find it odd, weird and if I were a fan of the team irresponsible to just throw money at a player to just talk or earn the rights. Seems ridiculous, how'd the Redsox think about their dable with this???

I'm not a huge baseball fan, but I find it odd, weird and if I were a fan of the team irresponsible to just throw money at a player to just talk or earn the rights. Seems ridiculous, how'd the Redsox think about their dable with this???

I don't think it matters that much because they can afford it. If they sign him and he's great, that's awesome. If not, it's not that big of a deal and doesn't hurt the team all that much.

I don't think it matters that much because they can afford it. If they sign him and he's great, that's awesome. If not, it's not that big of a deal and doesn't hurt the team all that much.
Wow, to hear it won't hurt the team that much and we're talking about 50 million, that just seems too incredible to be true. I'm in the wrong line of work!

If the Rangers and Darvish can't come to an agreement in 30 days then the Rangers owe nothing to the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back