MLB 2011 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Rangers have enough pitching and they certainly have enough hitting - it will come down to who plays the best defense and which team does the little things right. The hitting and pitching for both teams will even out. Should be a better series than last year.
I like that the Rangers are starting on the road. Takes the pressure off of keeping home field and will give them an us vs them attitude to start. They do need to take 1 of 2 to start. I think I heard the Rangers had the best home field record in the league so not worried if they do lose the first 2, but will be a much harder battle if that happens.

If you guys see CL in hear tell him I'm going to wear that god dang Cards hat proudly at next years outing. They handled my Brewers that it was their job. Well played sir, well played

Haha I had already posted last night. You should look good in Cards red!!

I like that the Rangers are starting on the road. Takes the pressure off of keeping home field and will give them an us vs them attitude to start. They do need to take 1 of 2 to start. I think I heard the Rangers had the best home field record in the league so not worried if they do lose the first 2, but will be a much harder battle if that happens.

They have to win 1 of the first 2 then 2 of 3 at home and they can go back to StL with the best possible chance to win. Both teams are coming in playing really well right now, should be fun to watch.

The Brewers actually had that, not even close. 61-25 including the playoffs I believe.

The Brewers actually had that, not even close. 61-25 including the playoffs I believe.

Brewers had a losing record on the road which really hurt them against StL in a 7 game series - even with home field advantage. Rangers had the same home record as the Yankees at 52-29 so Nate is right on that, they were tied for the best in that league - the American League - not all of MLB. Rangers also had a winning record on the road at 44-37 which means they can take some from StL at home. Cardinals had the same record home and away so they play about the same anywhere.

Brewers had a losing record on the road which really hurt them against StL in a 7 game series - even with home field advantage. Rangers had the same home record as the Yankees at 52-29 so Nate is right on that, they were tied for the best in that league - the American League - not all of MLB. Rangers also had a winning record on the road at 44-37 which means they can take some from StL at home. Cardinals had the same record home and away so they play about the same anywhere.

Ill say this, home and away record means nothing anymore. Playoff record means nothing, regular season record etc.. Its all about the next 4-7 games. I dont think it matters where anyone is playing it is all about who is going to get it done.

Ill say this, home and away record means nothing anymore. Playoff record means nothing, regular season record etc.. Its all about the next 4-7 games. I dont think it matters where anyone is playing it is all about who is going to get it done.

Teams aren't going to change who they are suddenly - playoffs or not.

The rain this week should stay away, however it is turning colder in St. Louis this week. Highs only in the 50s and game time temps probably in the 40s after the sun goes down. I wonder if this will have an effect on either team, especially since outside of rain, there hasn't been much bad weather this postseason.

Teams aren't going to change who they are suddenly - playoffs or not.

Trends dont matter anymore. Thats my point. The Brewers had the best home record in baseball and we beat them 2 of 3 in Milwaukee. The better team will win a 7 game series and the trends dont matter. Its all about who has the balls to get it done

Trends dont matter anymore. Thats my point. The Brewers had the best home record in baseball and we beat them 2 of 3 in Milwaukee. The better team will win a 7 game series and the trends dont matter. Its all about who has the balls to get it done

Both teams are playing as well as they have all year right now so it should be a good series.

If Carpenter does have a sore elbow it could be a factor with the cold weather expected.

Im not worried about the elbow. The dude is a competitor and he knows how to win in the playoffs. He will come out and give it 110% sore or not.

Im not worried about the elbow. The dude is a competitor and he knows how to win in the playoffs. He will come out and give it 110% sore or not.

hope your right, because he didn't look so hot in his last start.
I like the Cards in this series if he is healthy.

Competitor or not if he can't drive the ball down and keep it down the Rangers will drive some of those pitches out. It is all about finishing pitches.

Hamilton and Beltre aren't 100% either (what 'em run) but 80% of Hamilton is better than most players in the league.

The big question is will this be the least watched World Series in history. Rooting for St Louis in this one, the Cards were my dads favorite team.

Good game cardinals!! 3 more to go

tapatalk addict....

That was a good game of baseball to watch. My favorite part:

The Cards took a 2-0 lead on a ball that traveled 2ft before it hit the ground, and the Rangers tied it on one that traveled 400. So different.

Great game! I hope this is a sign of games to come as I was on the edge of my seat the whole game.

I think Hamilton is absolutely hurting

I thought last night's game was good. There were some big moments in it.
Although I still don't think CJ Wilson is a number 1 pitcher, I thought he threw the ball well last night. Didn't get through 6 innings(what Rangers pitcher does these days:alien:) but when he was in I thought he was good.

CJ now 0-6 in last 6 playoff games..........I think he loses another $5 million off his soon to be new contract in each start.

Needless to say, Big Big Big game for Lewis and the Rangers tonight. They get a win and all is good again.

Didn't expect the Rangers to beat Carpenter last night, I figured they would win and that was one they should win. It was definitely a case of LaRussa pushing the right buttons late in the game too. Rangers just didn't get a hit when they needed one for the first time in several games. Cardinals played great and deserved to win.

Didn't expect the Rangers to beat Carpenter last night, I figured they would win and that was one they should win. It was definitely a case of LaRussa pushing the right buttons late in the game too. Rangers just didn't get a hit when they needed one for the first time in several games. Cardinals played great and deserved to win.
Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back