Mizuno T-Zoid Pro irons, anyone play them?

Mach2

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.7
I've been going retro lately iron wise. Gamers are Cleveland Launcher UHX irons but took out the Hogan Edge irons last friday and will be playing my old, original, Mizuno MX-25 irons monday. Had a range session yesterday with the MX-25's and man do they feel GOOD! They are older, lesser lofts than the UHX irons but the MX-25's seemed to go farther than the Hogan Edges which are the same old lofs as the MX-25's.

Been seeing some good things about the Mizuno T-Zoid Pro irons on YouTube and just bought a set of them, 3 thru PW, with True Temper Dynamic Golf Sensicore R400U shafts for $86.00. Looking forward to hitting them after I install Tour Velvet 360 grips.

Curious to hear about your T-Zoid Pro experiences. What is the difference between T-Zoid and T-Zoid Pro irons?

Was the first set of irons I bought myself in high school. Phenomenal option back in their day.

Curious to hear about your T-Zoid Pro experiences. What is the difference between T-Zoid and T-Zoid Pro irons?

Size of the cavity.

T zoid was the first new set of irons I bought back in the day. Didn't know S from shinola about clubs nor can I really remember anything about the irons other than they were way more forgiving than the Hogan irons I had at the time. Have fun with them.... Have fun

I hit some t zoids years ago when they were new 96 - 97, I was close to a single digit handicap and couldn't get them airbourne… great if I wanted a 7 iron stinger but otherwise no go.

I won a pair a long time ago in a British Airways contest (wrote a story about golf) and loved them when I had them.

Wow - I just replied to a Mizuno thread talking about a T-Zoid set that is at my local Goodwill store. The set is intact and nice; the irons are $2.99 each and I can buy them on Wednesday for 10% off now that I'm 55.

I'm not really looking for irons but 3-PW for $24, what the heck?!?

Do it. All I've read about them is great reviews. I bought the T-Zoid Pro irons, they're less offset and slightly smaller. Looking forward to hitting them and comparing them to the Mizuno MP-25 irons feel wise.

A good friend, who was a 3 or 4 at the time, played T-Zoid Pro irons.
It must have been at least fifteen years ago, and he was an excellent iron player.
So I know for sure that skilled players, at least, can do well with them,
but I never did hit them myself.

Great irons, if you can hit the ball you should not have any issues with them. Soft, great feel, accurate and look awesome. Still have a set, 1 to F wedge with DGS300 Sensicore shafts. Haven't played them for 4 years, mainly because they need grips and I came across a set of KZG blades ready for play for 1/2 the cost of regripping.

I've been playing the set of KZG blades that are great. Now in the past 3 months I've picked up a set of Hogan Apex FTX, Hogan Apex Plus and Macgregor Vfoil SC1025 irons that are all near mint for less than $45 a set to try out at the range when they open. That said, I will not sell my Mizunos because they are awesome. It's just hard to get back to them when you can find ready to play sets for next to nothing.

I can add that I picked up a set of TZoid Pro 2s once, but personally found them to be harsh feeling for some reason. They didn't have sensicore shafts but neither do my KZGs or other soft forged irons I've tried. I sold them as I saw a couple of reviews that described them to be harsh in feel, even though they are also highly regarded.

Wow - I just replied to a Mizuno thread talking about a T-Zoid set that is at my local Goodwill store. The set is intact and nice; the irons are $2.99 each and I can buy them on Wednesday for 10% off now that I'm 55.

I'm not really looking for irons but 3-PW for $24, what the heck?!?
Did you get the irons? If so, how do you like them?

I've been going retro lately iron wise. Gamers are Cleveland Launcher UHX irons but took out the Hogan Edge irons last friday and will be playing my old, original, Mizuno MX-25 irons monday. Had a range session yesterday with the MX-25's and man do they feel GOOD! They are older, lesser lofts than the UHX irons but the MX-25's seemed to go farther than the Hogan Edges which are the same old lofs as the MX-25's.

Been seeing some good things about the Mizuno T-Zoid Pro irons on YouTube and just bought a set of them, 3 thru PW, with True Temper Dynamic Golf Sensicore R400U shafts for $86.00. Looking forward to hitting them after I install Tour Velvet 360 grips.

This page (you may have to back up) gives the specs for several T-Zoid models.

Last edited:
I found a set of T-Zoid Sure Irons at a local Goodwill for $1.99 each. the lofts are approximately 2 degrees stronger on the Sure Vs the Pro. I haven't played a round with them yet but I did hit them on the range and I hit them very well. They had a good trajectory, felt great and were easy to hit. I plan to try them on the course very soon.

Old thread, I know, but I played the Mizuno Tzoid Pro irons in high school also and recently found a set that I stripped the chrome from and rebuilt.

I like how they turned out and the patina is coming in nicely.

Attachments

• 20221021_201808.jpg
    20221021_201808.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221019_184911.jpg
    20221019_184911.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221019_185207.jpg
    20221019_185207.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221019_185225.jpg
    20221019_185225.jpg