Mizuno RB Tour and RB Tour X Golf Ball Review Thread

I'd love to hear about spin and distance compared to the previous version (and for that matter other balls). I recall both having improved, but then I think I saw some numbers and they seemed high? Could be my old man brain.
I’m going to get on a sim this week. Unfortunately, it’s going to be probably only for wedges, these are the only clubs I can hit well at the moment

but I plan to compare Chrome Soft (gamer) and ProV1 (what I feel is most similar in feel) to these RB tours

I’m going to get some more short game work in with these today. I’ll take some videos

I'd love to hear about spin and distance compared to the previous version (and for that matter other balls). I recall both having improved, but then I think I saw some numbers and they seemed high? Could be my old man brain.
Unfortunately the last 2 rounds I have played with these did not really lead to me giving details about spin. I played on a course coming out of overseed so the grass in longer everywhere and the 2nd course has new greens so they were rock hard. The iron distances I am seeing with my eye are very consistent and I have only had 1 shot with my irons where I was wondering if I grabbed the 6 instead of the 9. :ROFLMAO: That was with a strong wind helping and I was 15ft past the pin so not horrible. Hopefully I will be able to get to normal conditions here in the next couple of weeks.

Played 17.5 holes with 1 RB Tour X ball this weekend, which is something I don't think I could have done with the previous model.

Was tough to get a ton of feedback compared to other balls I have played, because a) new course, b) it was blowing 30 plus and c) my swing was not great.

Still feel like this thing spins like a top greenside, but somehow I felt that into the wind it held its line really really well. Which seems like it shouldn't happen, but it did. I missed a lot of greens so I could test greenside spin (also flew 3 greens into the wind... don't think that was a coincidence). Gave myself a chance to get up and down on all of them,, which is very impressive. Distance with irons was similar (downwind) to longer (into the wind). Distance off the tee... tought to see when you can't find the center of the face. Best tee shot of the day was on 1 when the wind blew my hood into my face and I outdrove 3 of my buddies and was in the fairway. should have kept swinging with my eyes close to try and replicate that.

Will get this on the Quad tomorrow for more concrete detail and then hopefully a round at my home course this weekend with a not poopy swing.

Not a clean cut but I can see that these are definitely 3 pc balls now when they were 4 piece last iteration. RB Tour X

View attachment 913071416666453344088255268393073952412.jpg

Pretty good round again with the X today. The greenside spin it gets is truly impressive. Finding a nice high launch with it off the driver and irons and really good stopping power on greens. One thing I have noticed the last few rounds is it is being affected a bit more by the wind than some other balls I've played.

I did some bunker work today. I’ll try to chop out some good shots of the video I took

both the current chrome soft and mizuno rb tour seemed to perform the same way out of the bunker

not a great bunker, somewhat hard pan

as far as durability goes, I would give the edge to chrome soft
Granted, @McLovin showed me how the previous RB tour would get cut up, and this is night and day improvement
In addition, there is some variation in if you catch a stone or pebble in the sand from shot to shot, so I may have had an uneven distribution of rocky shots with the RB tour

Overall, this was a positive experience and I hope to convince some people to try these balls out when they come out

the durability is so much better and the ball is leaps and bounds better overall

pictures and videos will be out either tonight or tomorrow

Can’t wait to get RB Tour in hand!:love:

Yes! Can FINALLY talk about the dimples. The bowl shape of them is tilted. They put some thought into it, and it's been interesting to see them fly on course versus some competitors.

And people finally get to see the gorgeous boxes! So much better presentation.

I hit these a bunch on monitor today again too. Should be pretty easy for most to figure out which one is for them.

Yes! Can FINALLY talk about the dimples. The bowl shape of them is tilted. They put some thought into it, and it's been interesting to see them fly on course versus some competitors.

And people finally get to see the gorgeous boxes! So much better presentation.
Those are some nice boxes ⛽🔥

I didn’t get the nuance of the dimples Until you mentioned it, but now I get it

I think our feedback so far mirrors what the description on their site

Those are some nice boxes ⛽🔥

I didn’t get the nuance of the dimples Until you mentioned it, but now I get it

I think our feedback so far mirrors what the description on their site
Yeah I think it does.

I mentioned there was some cool stuff going on with the dimples ages ago, but didn't want to go into detail. Thought it was pretty cool when I got the info though. Typical Mizuno awesome it's based around an 'axis'. Lol

RB Tour’s worst mark
6A832A42-8560-46DB-8A93-2B01EA3EFFDF.jpeg
Chrome Soft’s worst mark
4D82F4DC-8334-446F-936B-DD5BE4B1F34B.jpeg
Both marks appear to have pierced the urethane layer

battle scars
62A7689D-DE4C-49F1-8B71-6F93EDE7CA07.jpeg
F9C9EF55-44A0-4FE3-A85C-877148C0CE34.jpeg
2CE22F93-E9DE-43B0-8346-276DE31C1F0D.jpeg
9AF04E7F-260E-4F4C-A119-6462A871DA86.jpeg
the truvis actually hides this mark pretty well, but it’s a rough spot if you look hard enough

overall, I give a slight edge to chrome soft, but I thought the durability is pretty solid across the board. I think I took around 5-6 shots out of the sand with each ball and this was the worst damage I can find

So is embargo finally lifted?

I got out for a quick 9 with these today. Swing was a little better with the irons today, so it gave me a better idea of distances. Definitely not losing anything in the distance department with these off driver or irons. I actually lost a ball on hole 9 because my drive made it to the hazard, something I haven’t done in awhile. Ball flight is lower than what I’m used to with the QST, but shots ranging from 130-170 yards all hit and stopped within a few feet of their pitch marks today. So it’s not really an issue, just something I’ve noticed.

Now, 100 yards and in, I’m really loving this ball. I had shots from 45, 64, and 30 yards and they all ended up inside 10 feet. I feel like I can just aim at the flag and get enough spin to stop it close. I’m used to playing for some release, but I’ve been having a lot of fun just flying it to the pin.

I know durability has been a big concern, but I haven’t noticed anything out of the ordinary. I played 9 holes with a fresh ball and I know it bounced off one tree, clipped a limb or two, and skipped across the cart path (I was a little wild off the tee today, okay? :ROFLMAO:). Honestly, the ball still looked pretty good. I was going to get a picture at the end of the round, but I lost it on hole 9. Crushed my drive and my joy quickly turned to sorrow when the ball just kept going and going. So no pics, but for me, personally, durability doesn’t seem to be an issue. Certainly not something that would deter me from playing this ball.

Oh, did I mention I’m really digging the short game control with this ball?
DC66F0E0-5A12-4EEF-B3D9-503A5693F238.jpeg

I’m planning to try to get back out again for another 9 this week and hopefully 18 this weekend.

I’m excited to grab a box of Tours when they are available at retail. My current driver swing doesn’t lend itself well to hanging onto golf balls so all the tours I got at VC are gone 🤣. I’ve got a few TourX left but I don’t enjoy those as much as the Tours.

Retail should be end of the month if I remember right? Any insight on this?

I’m excited to grab a box of Tours when they are available at retail. My current driver swing doesn’t lend itself well to hanging onto golf balls so all the tours I got at VC are gone 🤣. I’ve got a few TourX left but I don’t enjoy those as much as the Tours.

November 1, last I heard

Waiting on confirmation, but I believe this is correct.

If this description is true, this is my new ball. Will have to try some. This describes my perfect ball. Low spin with driver and high short game spin. It seams counter intuitive, but maybe true? :

1666790431965.png

Here are some of the bunker shots from yesterday. Like I said, the behavior of the RB Tour vs the Chrome Soft was comparable
Some of the shots go off camera, but they were good shots, but poor camera angle. If you draw a circle around the "flag", they were closer to the "flag" than from the fringe of the bunker

Here are some of the bunker shots from yesterday. Like I said, the behavior of the RB Tour vs the Chrome Soft was comparable
Some of the shots go off camera, but they were good shots, but poor camera angle. If you draw a circle around the "flag", they were closer to the "flag" than from the fringe of the bunker

And they held up for you decently working out of a bunker like that. Interesting. It does sound pretty firm. I'm watching to durability feedback from people closely.

20221026_105249.jpg20221026_105316.jpg
20221026_105544.jpg
I'm also watching some of the feel feedback, because honestly, the literature gives me questions. Sensationally soft?

It's nice to read the specs after I have played them a little bit. Now I will look a little more at the flights off my wedges.

Back