Mizuno Pro 24X Irons - 241, 243, 245

well I need to try them out for sure. I plan to do so pretty soon, I'm still just enjoying the 923Tours for now. I'm curious more then anything, but I can't lie I could benefit from an extra 5 yards...so its worth a try really for me. I haven't had much problem regarding forgiveness with the Tours...so if the 243 is at least as forgiving as the Tours pretty close I don't see myself missing anything there.

I do love the feel of the Tours. I had the forged before, and I did NOT like the strong lofts at all, much prefer the Tours. But I know the 243-245 have tech in them to get the ball up in the air..probably with less spin, but at least up in the air...and its only 2 degrees stronger..which might be a nice compromise. When I moved from Forged to Tours, the higher lofts definitely improved my distance control and scoring without any question, but its also true that some of the distances dropped just a little lower then I would prefer especially up around 165-185..in that range I end up having to go a club longer then I want to...and probably I would score more accurately with getting just a bit more out of my 7i and 6i. Below that makes no difference I just play whatever club matches my distance and it works fine.
I’ve never liked the feel of the tours. They look nice but lack that Mizuno feel in my opinion

I only hit my 243’s one time before going to KBS to get the special shafts and they definitely packed a punch. We ended up weakening them 2* so my PW will be 46*. Hopefully I can hit them this weekend

These are incredible. I follow KBS on social and have been seeing a bunch of their custom builds they have built some jaw-dropping sets especially wedges add these to the list they look so good.
Yea wedge Wednesday is so cool!! Gotta stay away from the temptation of new wedges haha

My wife is from San Diego and we go back all the time. This time instead of golfing I decided I wanted to get fit at KBS so I know exactly what I should be playing…… and mainly bc I wanted custom blue shafts haha

I’ve never liked the feel of the tours. They look nice but lack that Mizuno feel in my opinion

that's interesting. I think the Tours feel incredible, but they are my first mizunos...so it's all relative i guess. I have definitely got to try the 243's. I'm not sure at all about whether I would weaken them or not.

Got a round in after work today. Man, I am in love with these irons. They feel so good when flushed and the ball seems to just explode off the face. I’m so excited to get back out again. Hit 9/18 GIR’s, which is solid for me. Looking to creep into those double digits and right now I have all the confidence in the world that these 243’s will get me there.

It also doesn’t hurt that they are very easy on the eyes.

Back