Mizuno Pretty Irons Thread 2013

Chunkylover77

Proud JakeNation Member
Reaction score
Handicap
I did a search for a thread and only saw the PGA show thread. If there is already a thread please merge.

So I am still not sure why, but I purchased some Mizuno MP-H4's. I love combo sets and this is a Mizuno combo set so I gobbled it up. The H4 is a starkly different set from any of the preceeding MP series. In the scoring irons, 8-PW, these look like a typical Mizuno MP set. Nice and clean with a players profile. Not much offset and a thin topline. It is the long irons that make this set unique. The 5&6I are quite GI looking. A thicker topline and a little junk in the trunk. Personally I love it. Gives me a bit more confidence that I will hit the ball well.

I took some pictures of the irons. Camera was out of juice on Thursday and I did not have a chance to take some yesterday. I tried capturing the 2 other things that seem unique to this iron as well. On the long irons especially, there is a bit of a bevel on the sole. A quick glance would tell you that the sole is narrower than it actually is. Take a closer look and the sole of the long irons has a bit more there. Reminds me slightly of the Razr X just without the little cutouts.

The last difference between the H4 and other MP sets is the cavity. It has the same classic Mizuno cavity except they put a bit of “rubber” on top of it. Not sure how else to describe it. Not noticeable from a difference but it is when you are taking a close look at them. Not exactly wild about it but my guess is it changes the feel a little. Mizuno initially pulled these irons from the shelves back in November and they made this change. The long irons up to the 7 have a hollow body and my wild guess is that this changed the feel a little from the classic MP butter. Add a little rubber to the back and the feel is back? Who knows.

I have yet to hit these other than a few times in a store. They felt phenomenal there so I expect they will feel great outside as well. I loved my Pro Combos and so I kind of Vicodin high purchased these bad boys. I got them with the Dynalite Gold XP’s/sensicore in R300 hard stepped once. I have been fit to this shaft a dozen times with the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer and have resisted it every time. I figured I would give them a shot this time and if I don’t love them, Recoils here I come. Today is frakken cold out, so if my tush can handle it, tomorrow is go time

Pictures below. Individual iron shots start with the 5I and go to the PW. If the pictures don’t capture it, these are stunning in person.

p1010612large.jpg

p1010613large.jpg

p1010616large.jpg

p1010618large.jpg

p1010621large.jpg

p1010622large.jpg

p1010623large.jpg

p1010624large.jpg

p1010625large.jpg

p1010626large.jpg

p1010627large.JPG

p1010628large.jpg

p1010629large.jpg

p1010631larges.jpg

p1010633large.jpg

p1010634large.jpg

p1010635large.jpg

p1010637large.jpg

p1010638large.jpg

p1010639large.jpg

p1010641large.jpg

p1010642large.jpg

p1010643large.jpg

Nice looking irons. How do they hit?

Haha skimmer! I have only hit them indoors so far and only a few shots. They feel typical buttery Mizuno to me and that was with some rocks. Tomorrow I hope to get them to the range

Congrats man, those are much better looking in your photos than the stock photos. We are going to need a full write up dude.

Those things are gorgeous dude! I love the simplicity of Mizuno irons

Great pics congrats.
Looking forward to your feedback after you get them out for a round.

Read this before the shut down, but didn't get to comment.

These are beautiful Chunky. Really looking forward to your thoughts. The progressive sole is awesome, has to be the most noticeable of the current progressive sets out there.

Read this before the shut down, but didn't get to comment.

These are beautiful Chunky. Really looking forward to your thoughts. The progressive sole is awesome, has to be the most noticeable of the current progressive sets out there.

Yeah I absolutely love the sole on these. I am going to charge up the camera and get the XF's from the car. Take a comparo pick between them

chunkylover77,

Really gorgeous irons, you'll love them!! I'm a Mizuno guy from way back...

What shafts did you get with those?? DG's??

Chunky those are just plain gorgeous.

Mizuno irons are always super pretty...sometimes I miss my old Mizzy blades, but in the big picture, I am enjoying the forgiveness that my new CB's offer me. When it comes to bagging ANY Mizuno iron, I really don't think you can go wrong.

Nice sticks chunky.

chunkylover77,

Really gorgeous irons, you'll love them!! I'm a Mizuno guy from way back...

What shafts did you get with those?? DG's??

Dynalite Gold XP/sensicore R300 hardstepped once. I'm actually a little worried that I won't like them to be honest. Recoils are on the radar!

Recoils are on the radar!

The DG's have really good feel. Heavy with the sensicore though and somewhat muted. Give them a fair try first though (I'm sure you will)...

Haven't tried the Recoils but everyone is raving about them!!

The DG's have really good feel. Heavy with the sensicore though and somewhat muted. Give them a fair try first though (I'm sure you will)...

Haven't tried the Recoils but everyone is raving about them!!

I will try but I kind of have a hankering for those Recoils. Decent price installed as well. I've got a bad feeling that my mind is made up already lol

Great irons Chunky, you will love them. I like that shaft as well.

These are fantastic irons, the trailing edge bevel is great, love it my mx 300's. Have demoed against i20's, and jpx 825 pros and these always seem to come out on top. Very forgiving if miss is high or low on the face.

Those look great Chunky! I am with you on digging the combo sets and I know it is going to help my game when I can make it happen.

Those are some sessy irons

I will try but I kind of have a hankering for those Recoils. Decent price installed as well. I've got a bad feeling that my mind is made up already lol

Yeah, it sounds like you've committed.

Let us know how the Recoils work out... :wink:

Look awesome! I'm contemplating getting away from my 3 hybrid. Did you see a 3 iron in this set? Much bigger than the 5 iron?

Look awesome! I'm contemplating getting away from my 3 hybrid. Did you see a 3 iron in this set? Much bigger than the 5 iron?

The set is available 2-PW. I didn't see anything lower than a 5 though since I purchased 5-PW and the iron at the store was a 6I. I would imagine they get clunkier as they go down but I am not positive

Nice pics those look great. Looks like they have a little forgivness in them. Keep us posted on how you get along with them.

Nive get Chunky, this set is one of two I want to get this year, I currently play the 800 pro 4-GW, when I hit the demoH-4 6i it was something I have never felt, so right now I'm thorn between the H-4s or the 825 pros, just don't know if I have the game for the H-4s.
When I was at the store to demo the H-4s the golfsmith guy told me that the Mizuno rep had come around a couple of weeks ago with the 2-3 irons and he let the staff at the store hit them and that they thought that those were the easiest to hit 2 and 3 irons.
Anyway good luck with your set and we are waiting for a full review, take your time but hurry up,LOL.

Nive get Chunky, this set is one of two I want to get this year, I currently play the 800 pro 4-GW, when I hit the demoH-4 6i it was something I have never felt, so right now I'm thorn between the H-4s or the 825 pros, just don't know if I have the game for the H-4s.
When I was at the store to demo the H-4s the golfsmith guy told me that the Mizuno rep had come around a couple of weeks ago with the 2-3 irons and he let the staff at the store hit them and that they thought that those were the easiest to hit 2 and 3 irons.
Anyway good luck with your set and we are waiting for a full review, take your time but hurry up,LOL.

Oh I have to hurry man. Once the J40's get here this will be backups

Back