ryang13

Wristy McWristFace
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
9.0 GC
These look pretty good to me, simple, classic, and clean. Thoughts?

I actually really don’t think those look great. I say that as a guy who still has hoarded Miura iron sets because of how much I love their irons.

But those don’t look like Miura’s imo.

I actually really don’t think those look great. I say that as a guy who still has hoarded Miura iron sets because of how much I love their irons.

Fair enough. I think trying to put a very specific styling on an iron like this is gonna run a design team into some struggles eventually - there's only so much you can do with this segment to make it look different than what everyone else is doing.

totally agree. not in the miura lane.

I really like these.

Fair enough. I think trying to put a very specific styling on an iron like this is gonna run a design team into some struggles eventually - there's only so much you can do with this segment to make it look different than what everyone else is doing.
I don’t think they should be doing irons like this, frankly.

Honestly the first thing that popped into my mind when seeing these are Srixon 945/965 series irons.

I wonder if Taylormade is going to sue them....

Miura trying to appeal to the masses misses the mark for me. They are mystical creatures that should be revered for elegance and craftsmanship. Not 'tech". I love tech and believe it has a important place and I think hollow body irons are awesome. But, not for Miura

Miura trying to appeal to the masses misses the mark for me. They are mystical creatures that should be revered for elegance and craftsmanship. Not 'tech". I love tech and believe it has an important place and I think hollow body irons are awesome. But, not for Miura
To be totally fair, they’ve always made a tech forward option in recent years. But, I don’t think it’s the right lane for them.

To be totally fair, they’ve always made a tech forward option in recent years. But, I don’t think it’s the right lane for them.
Tech in the way of shaping though right? Like the KM series.. This is a different level. At least it feels that way to me.

Tech in the way of shaping though right? Like the KM series.. This is a different level. At least it feels that way to me.
No, they’ve done some true GI designs with massive undercuts before.

The more I look at them, the more of a miss they are for me.

Miura trying to appeal to the masses misses the mark for me. They are mystical creatures that should be revered for elegance and craftsmanship. Not 'tech". I love tech and believe it has an important place and I think hollow body irons are awesome. But, not for Miura
Isn’t this one of the biggest selling iron segments in golf right now? Seems like an odd business strategy to try not to capture a piece of that because “tradition”.

Isn’t this one of the biggest selling iron segments in golf right now? Seems like an odd business strategy to try not to capture a piece of that because “tradition”.
Sure it is, but this is Miura. The whole damn brand is quite literally built on tradition and precision forging.

Should I put these on my list to try Friday?🤔

IMG_2062.png

Priced a set of these! :oops:

Interesting fact about these irons, they’re designed by Miura, but are not manufactured in their factory. They are outsourced somewhere else! 😳

IMG_2076.jpegIMG_2077.jpegIMG_2078.jpegIMG_2079.jpegIMG_2080.jpeg

I really like this finish. How's the feel?
Good, not great! I’ve never hit a Miura iron before, but I’m sure it’s nowhere close to their iconic blade status. I thought the DYNAPWR Forged felt better than these FWIW.

Good, not great! I’ve never hit a Miura iron before, but I’m sure it’s nowhere close to their iconic blade status. I thought the DYNAPWR Forged felt better than these FWIW.
I’ve only ever swung a CB, but it was enough for me to start banking some pennies. I’ll be interested to see what the boys over at CC have to say about these.

Back