Michigan hackers, check in here

Well lil Mike and I played at lakes of the north due to rain showers at the natural. It was in good shape. I shot on 84 despite having several 3 putts and 3 double bogeys. It was great to get out with another THP member lil Mike!

Well lil Mike and I played at lakes of the north due to rain showers at the natural. It was in good shape. I shot on 84 despite having several 3 putts and 3 double bogeys. It was great to get out with another THP member lil Mike!

Yeah it was fun! Great cooler weather too and no one out there so quick round also! Thanks for the hook up David!

My buddy and I played Birchwood farms in the morning yesterday, what a great course, I shot a 77 from the combo t's. Our afternoon round took us to Boyne Highlands, we played the moor course. I really fell apart in the afternoon. I shot an 88. I had a terrible time getting off the tee because my swing reverted back to the old David with an improper weight shift and reverse C. I had the biggest slice that I've seen in a long time!

The moor course was OK. Not up to the resort type of boyne golf that I remember. Some bad patches in a couple of the fairways and many areas of rough were in terrible shape. We ended up using the 1st T card which got us on for $30. It is well worth that.

My buddy and I played Birchwood farms in the morning yesterday, what a great course, I shot a 77 from the combo t's. Our afternoon round took us to Boyne Highlands, we played the moor course. I really fell apart in the afternoon. I shot an 88. I had a terrible time getting off the tee because my swing reverted back to the old David with an improper weight shift and reverse C. I had the biggest slice that I've seen in a long time!

The moor course was OK. Not up to the resort type of boyne golf that I remember. Some bad patches in a couple of the fairways and many areas of rough were in terrible shape. We ended up using the 1st T card which got us on for $30. It is well worth that.
My dad was just up with a buddy that has a place at Birchwood for a week - said they are great tracks and he had a blast. Will definitely have to get up there

I've been playing pretty good this year, my handicap is down a couple of points. I think this is partly due to playing the same course over and over, I am a member at Grandview in Kalkaska in that's what I play most of my golf. I'm going to be visiting several courses in northern Michigan. I'm curious to see how my Score will hold up on different golf courses. I played the loop at forest dunes on Thursday and shot an 80. Tomorrow I'm going to play the natural, Tuesday I'm going to play Birchwood farms and the Highlands Moor course. Wednesday I'm going to play up at black Lake. I'm anxious to check these courses out and see how well I shoot!
Jeslous. The new management has done a nice job at Grandview! The best golf I played all year was a Grandview.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Played Lakewood shores this weekend and finished up on the ride home with Red Hawk in East Tawas. Would NOT recommend going to Lakewood Shores, its not well cared for and not worth the trip. The best part was the 18 hole chip and putt they had with the lodging. Red Hawk, though, was an absolute treat and in outstanding condition. Well worth the price and boy did I love the Arthur Hills design. Planning on making a trip back in the fall, will be amazing to see as the colors change.

Played Lakewood shores this weekend and finished up on the ride home with Red Hawk in East Tawas. Would NOT recommend going to Lakewood Shores, its not well cared for and not worth the trip. The best part was the 18 hole chip and putt they had with the lodging. Red Hawk, though, was an absolute treat and in outstanding condition. Well worth the price and boy did I love the Arthur Hills design. Planning on making a trip back in the fall, will be amazing to see as the colors change.

100% agree with you. Red Hawk is a gem !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played Captain's Club in Grand Blanc this weekend. Not my favorite course, it's a bit quirky if you ask me. I wonder who else has played at and what they think of it?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

What kind of shape was it in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeslous. The new management has done a nice job at Grandview! The best golf I played all year was a Grandview.

A real good buddy of mine bought Grandview. It is a dream for him. He really wants to do good with Grandview!

I agree. A big group of us went to Lakewood Shores last year and most of us were not happy with it. We all loved red hawk.

My dad was just up with a buddy that has a place at Birchwood for a week - said they are great tracks and he had a blast. Will definitely have to get up there
There are some really great courses in that area. I played the monument in Boyne Falls today and it was spectacular.

I’ve heard true north is pretty sick too
That is on my to-do list but haven't made it there yet. I'm playing crystal mountain on the mountain ridge course tomorrow and black Lake in Onaway on Saturday.

Has anyone stayed multiple days on the Forest Dunes property? Looking for some advice for a possible upcoming trip.

I've never stayed there but played it a couple times this year. A great place.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've never stayed there but played it a couple times this year. A great place.

Did you like the Loop or Forest Dunes better?

Forest dunes x100. It's a much better course. The loop is marginal compared to the dunes.

A real good buddy of mine bought Grandview. It is a dream for him. He really wants to do good with Grandview!
The gal managing it is great. I forget her name but she was always so good with people when she helped Paula. She treated our June group wonderfully!

The gal managing it is great. I forget her name but she was always so good with people when she helped Paula. She treated our June group wonderfully!

Brandy, she is great!

Any comments on Stonebrdge / AA?

Did you like the Loop or Forest Dunes better?
The Loop is an interesting concept, but once you get past that it's way overpriced IMO. Having played all three courses (FD, red and black rotations) I would play Forest Dunes every. single. time.

The Loop is an interesting concept, but once you get past that it's way overpriced IMO. Having played all three courses (FD, red and black rotations) I would play Forest Dunes every. single. time.

Good to know. We are planning on 72 holes, so maybe 36 on FD and then both directions of The Loop.

[QUOTE="NateQUOTE]I'll be curious to know what you think of it. Keep us posted and have fun!

[QUOTE="NateQUOTE]I'll be curious to know what you think of it. Keep us posted and have fun!

Will do! Appreciate it.

Back