Michigan hackers, check in here

jsp, TP #18 is just a short dog leg right with a tree in the middle. Meh. But they are constrained by the railroad. We agree on the rest. Kaufman has been booked solid every time I have called this year.
I have never had a problem getting off at Kaufman. I stand by my TP comments even though i dont feel 9/10 are bad either. 18 is a hole that is easy if you find the fairway, but that hole can also rack up the score. OB right and left, and bunkers right of the green and trees left. I have made birdies and have made doubles, what more do you want from a 350yd par 4

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

[QUOTE="Nate
I will be venturing up to Michigan on Friday. Anyone want to play Forest Dunes at 3:12 pm on Friday, July 3? There is one spot left in the group. I don't know the other two as I booked through the site and two slots were filled up. Or we could grab a separate tee time?

Let me know! Excited to play this Top 100.
I could be down im off work, so if you need a 4th let me know.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]

Cool. I will let you know this afternoon!

Michigan THPers,

I will be venturing up to Michigan on Friday. Anyone want to play Forest Dunes at 3:12 pm on Friday, July 3? There is one spot left in the group. I don't know the other two as I booked through the site and two slots were filled up. Or we could grab a separate tee time?

Let me know! Excited to play this Top 100.
Ahhhh have a match in the morning and couldn’t make that time - let us know how you like it! I’ve yet to play it and have heard great things.

Does anyone know of an instructor that is available and recommended? I can't get half of the ones I've contacted to call back and the rest are booked up.

Does anyone know of an instructor that is available and recommended? I can't get half of the ones I've contacted to call back and the rest are booked up.
I've had similar experiences up in my neck of the woods. Very frustrating. I hope you end up finding someone good @cjupdike

https://www.bobmenzies.com/specials.html This guy is pretty good,imo. I've taken a few lessons from various guys and nobody mentions my at the time obvious swing flaws. This guy mentioned them all in the first lesson, though he didn't try to address them in one lesson. He teaches a lot of Red Wing players. Worth a shot.

Played Arcadia Bluffs last week. What a course! Great fun and even better views. Highly recommended if you get the chance.

Attachments

• 106579316_10217161217204182_1279585660877414431_o (2).jpg
    106579316_10217161217204182_1279585660877414431_o (2).jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 106298692_10217161212084054_6487020575396068661_o.jpg
    106298692_10217161212084054_6487020575396068661_o.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 15
Played Arcadia Bluffs last week. What a course! Great fun and even better views. Highly recommended if you get the chance.
Lots of talk about this superb piece of property around here.

How were the greens? I played there a couple of years ago and the greens were very crusty and impossible to putt. But a VERY Beautiful course.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

For those playing in the Grand Rapids area... Cedar Chase is a good choice. Great value, tough track. Don't be put off by the tiny clubhouse. Thornapple Pointe is solid. I think 9, 10, and 18 keep it from being great. If you can get on LE Kaufman, you won't regret it. Quail Ridge is pretty good. The Meadows, on the campus of Grand Valley State, is a really decent design on a relatively featureless piece of ground. The Mines, just west of downtown is tricky and quirky and (IMO) overpriced for what it is. However, when you learn the history of the location, you realize that nothing else could have been built there.

Saugatuck/Holland area... drop down to Hawkshead near South Haven.

Played Thorn Apple, great track and with air travel not at full capacity not that bad on the landings.

Tried to get on Cedar Chase but couldn’t, finished with Pilgrims Run which is a nice track.

Fav from my weekend was Stone Gate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How were the greens? I played there a couple of years ago and the greens were very crusty and impossible to putt. But a VERY Beautiful course.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Greens were great. I surprisingly putted really well for me. Just a great time!

Is anyone around the TC area (give or take an hour) golfing today or tomorrow AM sometime? Looking for a game!

Thx.

I played Captain's Club in Grand Blanc this weekend. Not my favorite course, it's a bit quirky if you ask me. I wonder who else has played at and what they think of it?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Played the Sharf course at Oakland University on Saturday. Course was in great shape, but I really prefer Katke. Sharf has some really stupid Mickey Mouse greens and being punished for good tee shots with crazy native grass only 5 yards off the fairway just isn’t fun.

Played the Sharf course at Oakland University on Saturday. Course was in great shape, but I really prefer Katke. Sharf has some really stupid Mickey Mouse greens and being punished for good tee shots with crazy native grass only 5 yards off the fairway just isn’t fun.

Man I have to say I'm the total opposite. Much prefer the Sharf to Katke. I like the front 9 of Katke, but do not like the back much. Was planning on joining there this year then Covid happened. So probably next year.

Man I have to say I'm the total opposite. Much prefer the Sharf to Katke. I like the front 9 of Katke, but do not like the back much. Was planning on joining there this year then Covid happened. So probably next year.

have you played since 17 on Katke was totally reworked? It’s such a cool hole now!

have you played since 17 on Katke was totally reworked? It’s such a cool hole now!
So, I'm OU alum and have never played their courses. I wish I would've when I was going to school there.

After looking over their site, I couldn't figure out if there is any type of rate difference for alumni or if it's only for current students? Figured I'd just ask here instead of calling up there.

Ya I played it a few weeks ago. Agree its a really nice hole now. I just really don't like the hole before it (16), or 14.

Heading up to Lakewood Shores with a small group this weekend. Haven't played much this year, but more than last. Hope all the Michigan contingent are doing well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Heading up to Lakewood Shores with a small group this weekend. Haven't played much this year, but more than last. Hope all the Michigan contingent are doing well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Hey dude! Hope all is well.

So, I'm OU alum and have never played their courses. I wish I would've when I was going to school there.

After looking over their site, I couldn't figure out if there is any type of rate difference for alumni or if it's only for current students? Figured I'd just ask here instead of calling up there.
I’m not sure on this one ... I have to imagine there is an alum rate tho.

I've been playing pretty good this year, my handicap is down a couple of points. I think this is partly due to playing the same course over and over, I am a member at Grandview in Kalkaska in that's what I play most of my golf. I'm going to be visiting several courses in northern Michigan. I'm curious to see how my Score will hold up on different golf courses. I played the loop at forest dunes on Thursday and shot an 80. Tomorrow I'm going to play the natural, Tuesday I'm going to play Birchwood farms and the Highlands Moor course. Wednesday I'm going to play up at black Lake. I'm anxious to check these courses out and see how well I shoot!

Back