MGI Zip Navigator AT, All Terrain Electric Golf Cart Bundle

Been waiting for months for Costco to put these on sale again, finally happened this morning, so my order has been placed. I will definitely be bringing this thread back up again when it gets here, can't wait.

Welcome to the club!!!

I got the email saying the Zip Navigator AT has shipped, tracking info says it might be here tomorrow! I'm a little concerned on what exactly I'll be getting though, the package dimensions sound about right, but it says that it weighs 116 lbs. o_O

I got the email saying the Zip Navigator AT has shipped, tracking info says it might be here tomorrow! I'm a little concerned on what exactly I'll be getting though, the package dimensions sound about right, but it says that it weighs 116 lbs. o_O

Hmmmm, that does seem like a lot. Looking forward to your thoughts when you get to play around with it.

Yeah that is way to much, maybe they sent you tow of them
Don't destroy the box as you open it.

Yeah that is way to much, maybe they sent you tow of them
Don't destroy the box as you open it.
I actually thought that maybe they were sending me a whole pallet of them or something. :LOL:

I'm sure it's just a typo, the package size looks right for one unit, but if there's extra stuff in the box I'll sure let everyone know.

Mine is out for delivery! Maybe quick 9 tomorrow after work to get a feel for it.
Make sure the remote is charged up. As a general rule, I don't put the remote in my pocket, always keep the cart ahead of me, don't run it thru deep water (too deep for your shoes, too deep for cart) and keep away from bunkers and hazards. Easy to fall in (gravity). ENJOY!

Ok pretty dang cool. I've read a lot, I had hopes that my Sun Mountain 3.5 would work because I just love that bag, but I guess my old Sync cart bag will have to do. Also I guess that's ok because so many reported the lighter bags didn't ride as good and people were adding weight.

Well yesterday I got in the last few holes of the year. It was 38 degrees with low wind so I used my heater attachment with my Zip and had a toasty warm afternoon yesterday. It really does work remarkably well. Walking behind it feels like a 70 degree day! They have the greens closed so it was just hitting to temporary pins but it was fun.

Cripes, today we're gonna get 6 inches of snow so I'll be hooking up my plow this morning. :(

lHt3i7E.jpg

Mine was delivered yesterday, but I haven't even opened the box. It's been raining here for most of the last week, with yesterday being by far the wettest. We actually got some unexpected snow last night, not a lot, but enough to keep me inside this morning. I'll probably unbox it this afternoon, but not sure if I'll be able to do much test driving with it until at least tomorrow. 🤷‍♂️

Mine was delivered yesterday, but I haven't even opened the box. It's been raining here for most of the last week, with yesterday being by far the wettest. We actually got some unexpected snow last night, not a lot, but enough to keep me inside this morning. I'll probably unbox it this afternoon, but not sure if I'll be able to do much test driving with it until at least tomorrow. 🤷‍♂️

You’re gonna love it. I am south of you and we got quite a bit of rain also. Getting ready to go slosh around myself. Not taking the MGI however.

This was delivered Saturday, but we had miserable weather all weekend, so I didn't get around to doing anything with it until today. Everything was really well packaged, and assembly was a breeze. I went ahead and put everything on it, although I'm not sure I'll be using the seat. Took it for a little test drive out front, really easy to control, and handled going up and down our hill with no problem. Folded it up to see how it will fit in the trunk of my car, no way with the seat on, but otherwise if I flip the scorecard and umbrella holder s around it goes right in, with plenty of room for the golf bag and other stuff I keep in the trunk. Batteries are getting charged, and I'm hoping to get it out soon.

Well packaged:

S20221212_140140.jpg
S20221212_140501.jpg

It did slip some going up the hill without the bag on it, so I loaded it up for the real testing:

S20221212_150349.jpg
S20221212_150406.jpg

Going up

S20221212_150443.jpg

Going down

S20221212_150456.jpg

Hoping to get out this week, my home course is closed with snow, and it's a tough walk anyway, so I'll have to try to get down to one of the courses in the valley for an afternoon round. Not sure about this week though, likely to have frost delays everywhere.

I have a staff bag. Instead of using a 5 pound weight to keep the front end down, I use an insulated cooler (shaped like a cylinder) in the front pocket over the front wheels. Get it off Amazon
Enthusiast Gear Insulated Dry Bag Floating Cooler – 10L / 15L / 25L Roll Top, Leak Proof, Waterproof, Collapsible, with Padded Shoulder Strap
The 10L holds beverages and ice in the summer. When loaded, it weighs more than 5 pounds. I always keep some water bottles. NEVER get water from on course water buffalos.

For the new AT owners that got the bag, the bag is terrible. You can’t get the wheels into the bag with the cart. Since you can’t do that, the axles are exposed, and if you lift the bag by the handles, the axles will eventually poke holes into the bag. The seat, on the other hand, is the best cart accessory ever! Love it for the storage and taking a seat when waiting for my shot.

Take each wheel off and flip it 180 degrees back onto the axle. Fits in the bag. Puts a little bit of lithium grease on the axle every round is more than sufficient.

I can’t get it to fit in the bag with the wheels inverted. It works for you?

I got the new buggy out on the course today, and just like everyone has said, it was SO GOOD!!! Played a course that is pretty flat on the front nine, and some rolling hills on the back, and the AT handled everything without a hitch. Control was easy, with almost no learning curve, and I made it through with no tipovers or other mishaps. It'll take some time to get more efficient with it, I really tended to stay relatively close to it, following fairly close. This course also made it hard to do things like send it ahead around the greens. The cart paths have curbs around the tee boxes and greens, so I was pretty much forced to stay with it from the greens to the next tee box. I didn't think to check the charge level after the round, but I'm pretty sure it was still pretty high.

I got a lot of attention with it too, the threesome I was playing with thought it was pretty cool, and the Starter must have asked 100 questions about it while I was waiting to start the round. I didn't think to take any pictures until pretty late in the round, and as you can see from the shadows, it was pretty late afternoon.

Oh yeah, and it was cart path only today, so the riders probably had to walk almost as much as I did, but without the fun, or the ease I had of just walking down the middle of the fairways.

Here are a couple of pics taken while following:

20221214_150949.jpg
20221214_152413.jpg

and one from the middle of the fairway on the last par-5.

20221214_152601.jpg

I mount a small tablet running my favorite golf app (golfpad) instead of the scorecard. It has satellite overview as well.

Back