Metal Music fans \m/

jefrazie

Reaction score
Handicap
13.9 OOB
I'm a huge metal fan and always like discovering new talent that's out there.

Some of my favorites include:

Parkway Drive
August Burns Red
As Blood Runs Black
Unearth
Protest The Hero
Between The Buried and Me
All That Remains

A few of my favorite songs:

Boneyards - Parkway Drive
Composure - ABR
Sequoia Throne - PTH
Selkies: The Endless Obsession - BTBAM
Weak Willed - ATR

Who are some of your favorites and what are your favorite songs?

This really isn't adding much but my brother and soon to be sister in law love metal. The only band that sounds familiar is All that Remains.

Although I have been to a GWAR show lol. That was so much fun.

Those guys though, absolutely kill on the instruments. People don't realize how much there is to it.

I'm a casual fan. I like more mainstream stuff like Killswitch, As I Lay Dying, Darkest Hour etc. I am definitely a fan of Between the Buried and Me, especially since they are from Raleigh.

I am a metal fan as well. I like August Burns Red, Once Nothing, Norma Jean (if you can count Hard Core), UnderØath, Becoming the Archetype, The Chariot.

Favorite songs:
"Disconecktie: The Faithful Vampire" - Norma Jean
"Creating Something Out of Nothing Only to Destroy It" - Norma Jean
"And Shot Each Other" - The Chariot
"And Then, Came Then" - The Chariot
"Terminate Damnation" - Becoming the Archetype
"Ocean of Apathy" - August Burns Red
"Meridian" - August Burns Red
"Rationalist" - August Burns Red
"Juliet or At Least What's Left of Her" - Once Nothing
"The Dust of A Town" - Once Nothing
"All My Heroes Are Cowboys" - Once Nothing

One of my friends with to school with the members of the band Luti-Kriss who went on to become Norma Jean. The lead singer of this band went on to become the lead singer of The Chariot. Makes the world seem small you know? He told me a story once where a teacher asked where this guy was and my friend replied that he was on tour with POD and that was when they were in High School. Pretty cool stuff.

I'm a casual fan. I like more mainstream stuff like Killswitch, As I Lay Dying, Darkest Hour etc. I am definitely a fan of Between the Buried and Me, especially since they are from Raleigh.

It makes me quite sad that I haven't seen BTBAM yet. I really need to.

A few I like are Converge, Opeth, Lamb of God, Underoath to name a couple.

August Burns Red is my favorite metal band, hands down.
Favorite song - White Washed
Pick up their new album, Leveler...it is also very, very good.

August Burns Red is my favorite metal band, hands down.
Favorite song - White Washed
Pick up their new album, Leveler...it is also very, very good.

I picked it up a couple days ago. Haven't gotten around to listening to it quite yet. I keep forgetting it at home rather than putting it in my car.

Man, this thread makes me feel old. I don't know any of those bands. Here I am thinking Metallica....

Ah well. I did have a great time when I saw Metallica on the Master of Puppets tour. Cliff Burton playing Anesthesia live is something that you don't forget. Oh, and seeing Motorhead open for Slayer was amazing as well. (Although, I thought it was an insult to Motorhead that they opened instead of Slayer. Lemmy rules!)

Man, this thread makes me feel old. I don't know any of those bands. Here I am thinking Metallica....

Ah well. I did have a great time when I saw Metallica on the Master of Puppets tour. Cliff Burton playing Anesthesia live is something that you don't forget. Oh, and seeing Motorhead open for Slayer was amazing as well. (Although, I thought it was an insult to Motorhead that they opened instead of Slayer. Lemmy rules!)

I'm with you. though I didn't get to see those awesome shows (that must have been amazing). I hear talk of metal and I think of Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth, Tourniquet etc. I haven't listened to much newer stuff, not so much that I wouldn't just haven't known what to check out. I'll have to check some of these bands.

[video=youtube;bL-MOSH176E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL-MOSH176E[/video]

[video=youtube;dNn-jjx67nU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNn-jjx67nU[/video]

I am a big fan of In Flames. Saw them in concert with Between the Buried and Me and Three Inches of Blood. Best show i have ever been to. All 3 bands were incredible. I couldnt hear for a week..lol

Tap tap taparoo

I was a huge Underoath fan a couple of years ago. I can still listen to that stuff, but have migrated to softer stuff like The Get Up Kids, ADTR, and stuff like that.

Tap before talk.

Really been getting into Black Breath lately. Love Mastodon, Lamb of God, Chiamara, and many other metal bands.

Yeah, I tried to get into metal a while ago.

I love Metallica. That is where my love stops. I like Five Finger Death Punch, Pantera, and All That Remains. That is about as heavy as I can stand.

Also, does any other metal fan think that Sabbath's "Masters of Reality" is better than most of the metal that comes out now?

Also, does any other metal fan think that Sabbath's "Masters of Reality" is better than most of the metal that comes out now?

HA!! I was listening to this in the car yesterday!!! And, yes....I agree.

So I was going to start a metal thread, but I found this super old one to resuscitate! I know there's a few other metalheads out there, thought we could discuss bands, genres, etc. that we're into in here.

I got into metal in college after being a huge classic rock and ska fan in high school (still am) thanks to my neighbor in the dorms. I started with metalcore and NWOBHM type stuff, then got pretty big into classic thrash, which led to me getting into the more specific styles. Some of my other favorites now are certain types of death metal (melodic/Gothenburg, technical, and some traditional), some black metal, symphonic/power metal, and progressive. Can't get into the really brutal stuff like deathcore and grindcore, there has to be a discernible melody for me to listen to it.

Some of my favorites:
Opeth (saw them live in '11, they are incredible)
Scar Symmetry (saw them in '10)
In Flames
Dark Tranquillity
Symphony X (saw them '12)
Kamelot
Epica (saw them '10)
Killswitch Engage
Immortal
Communic
Iron Maiden
Wintersun
Primordial
Iced Earth (saw them '12)
Old school Metallica
Megadeth
Testament

Anybody else into metal?

YES!

I was massively into metal for all of my teens and 20's, still am to an extent but my tastes have broadened. Went through big hardcore and stoner phase's too.

Love Converge, early Dillinger Escape Plan, early Cave In, Kyuss, Old Man Gloom, ISIS, SLAYER, Tool, early Metallica, damn this list could go on forever.

YES!

I was massively into metal for all of my teens and 20's, still am to an extent but my tastes have broadened. Went through big hardcore and stoner phase's too.

Love Converge, early Dillinger Escape Plan, early Cave In, Kyuss, Old Man Gloom, ISIS, SLAYER, Tool, early Metallica, damn this list could go on forever.

Mine could too man, nice list. And I feel ya on the tastes broadening, I get funny looks when my iPod is playing Of Monsters and Men and then the next song is death metal haha

Absolutely. You and I have a lot of bands in common. A quick sample of the metal on my iPod:

Anthrax
Another Mask
Alestorm
Between the Buried And Me
Coheed & Cambria
Daylight Dies
Death Angel
The Demonstration
Earth Crisis
Fates Warning
Hammersmyth
In Flames
Iron Maiden
Killswitch Engage
Metallica (nothing past ...AJFA)
Ne Obliviscaris
Nerve End
The Omega Experiment
Pantera
Periphery
Protest the Hero
The Scorpions
S.O.D
Tesseract
Textures
Theocracy
Times of Grace
Underoath
Vanisher

Metal Music fans \m/

I need to add Mastodon to my list. Is Volbeat metal? And Metallica's "Load" is a guilty pleasure.

Last edited:
Motorhead.

I see a LOT of bands in this list that I listen to as well. I'll throw out some others just in case you see something you may want to check out.

Allegaeon
Angra
Arch / Matheos
Arsis
The Black Dahlia Murder
Decapitated
Every Time I Die
Exmortus
Fit For An Autopsy
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Gorod
Helstar
High On Fire
Job For a Cowboy
Odious Mortem
Origin
Psycroptic
Revocation
Spawn of Possession
The Sword
Sylosis
Toxic Holocaust
Vader
Warbeast
Within the Ruins

How come so many metal bands have names that sound like they're the opening act for Spinal Tap?

I need to add Mastodon to my list. Is Volbeat metal? And Metallica's "Load" is a guilty pleasure.

Mastodon is awesome. And yeah I'd say Volbeat is metal. Load isn't bad, but I vastly prefer to listen to the Black Album or (even better) any album before that.

Back