Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
Why is the polo shirts over twice the amount outside the gate as they are in? Good grief. I wanted a new one but can’t justify 200 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is the polo shirts over twice the amount outside the gate as they are in? Good grief. I wanted a new one but can’t justify 200 bucks

Supply and Demand man. Also, avoid MMO if that's the website you're using. They're brutal, and with about a 30-35% markup. Sometimes more.

Supply and demand and a secondary market. They charge that money because people will pay it.

Supply and Demand man. Also, avoid MMO if that's the website you're using. They're brutal, and with about a 30-35% markup. Sometimes more.

That’s where I was looking

It is very simple, as with anything on the second-hand market... Supply and Demand.

There is much less Supply than there is Demand which means people can mark them up quite significantly.

Economics 101

That’s where I was looking

Yeah dude they're absolutely awful. Having bought something in person and then finding the same polo for 65 dollars more? Effing brutal

I have never purchased on the secondary market, but is there any other than MMO? That’s the one that I have seen. I wouldn’t mind a polo or a 1/4 zip but not at those prices.

I have never purchased on the secondary market, but is there any other than MMO? That’s the one that I have seen. I wouldn’t mind a polo or a 1/4 zip but not at those prices.

eBay, anything new with tag and you're probably good to go. It's going to have a markup, it always will. You're just trying to minimize the blood loss.

Personally I wouldn't and never will buy anything Masters related until I actually attend in person.

Ebay is your best bet, but not much better prices than MMO. If you want Masters stuff at list price, you better win the ticket lottery.

Personally I wouldn't and never will buy anything Masters related until I actually attend in person.
I was the same way, but I have been 3 times now so I don't mind adding to my collection from online shops now if I see something I want.

I was the same way, but I have been 3 times now so I don't mind adding to my collection from online shops now if I see something I want.
Thats understandable if you've already been

I went 2 years ago

Same here, like I don't have a logo ball from a course I haven't played.

I fully understand that mentality. However.. The stuff from ANGC vs the Masters. It's even harder to find. You can only get it from Berkmann's Place or if you've played the course. If you've been to the Masters, would you try and buy the ANGC apparel? Also if you could hurry on your response, there are a few auctions ending here shortly.

I fully understand that mentality. However.. The stuff from ANGC vs the Masters. It's even harder to find. You can only get it from Berkmann's Place or if you've played the course. If you've been to the Masters, would you try and buy the ANGC apparel? Also if you could hurry on your response, there are a few auctions ending here shortly.
If I've been there already anything is fair game.

I share this view also. I have been fortunate enough to attend in 2011 and 2013.

The secondary market are using "Mules" They get people to buy the stuff inside and when companies like MMO get the stuff, that is the when they will eventually mail it to you. At 3X the price. But- people will pay it. This is the first time in a loooong time that my contacts here at work are not going down, so my shopping list will not be filled this year. And I will be getting on the list for next year's ticket lottery.

True: if you really want an item, scour EBay first. MMO prices are comical!

True: if you really want an item, scour EBay first. MMO prices are comical!

I looked up the polo I bought there in 19. I said oh, 30-35%. It was 115. Same kinda polo but wrong color? 249. This is me, laughing really hard

I'm not trying to defend the companies who exist and survive only by doubling the price of Masters related items, but consider the process:
- Masters items are only sold for 7 days each year
- Masters items are only sold on the grounds of Augusta National
- in order to have the privilege of purchasing Masters items you must have won the lottery for either a practice round or a tournament round. Sub-option would be to have purchased a ticket on the secondary market. Best option would be to have a friend or colleague who qualified and doesn't mind being a pack mule in the store

If that isn't the perfect definition of supply versus demand I don't know what is.

I went in the store at ANGC once each day when I was there and bought items as if I would never be back. Glad I did.

I went in the store at ANGC once each day when I was there and bought items as if I would never be back. Glad I did.

Me too, the prices online are brutal.

Kind of the same thoughts. I have a brother who had enough Harley Davidson Tshirts to wear for two weeks straight without washing, while owning a Yamaha, i kinda thought that was odd. But honestly never been the the guy to buy shirts with locations or events on them anyway.

The one time I was there, I had numerous friends hit me up for ..get me this...You have to do that at end of day. Carrying that much around isn't gonna happen.

Back