Master food choice comments??

fastbasser

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone hear Faldos comment regarding Bubbas menu??

What did he say?

From a published account: "But despite the mystery, the food on offer was nothing fancy and Faldo tweeted: ‘@bubbawatson you had a year to decide on, grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, macaroni & cheese!!! #HappyMeal #PlayLikeaChampion’"

I saw his comments on twitter, and I completely agree. You have a year to plan and an unlimited options (and resources) for food. The menu looked like it was pulled from Golden Corral.

Nothing against Golden Corral, mind you. It's just not what you should be serving when you're hosting the Masters Champions' Dinner, in my opinion.

A picture of the menu indicates Caesar salad was also served.

Does anyone know the details of how this works? Does the champion provide the menu to Augusta who has on site staff prepare the food? Does the champion hire a caterer? Just curious how the better half lives :)

On the broadcast today, Faldo also said he was disappointed he didnt get a coloring book too. Said his 9 year old daughter would have loved the dinner selections.

Lol, Bubba did pick a dud of a menu but I doubt that he's the only one. There is a Hooters right down the street if they were still hungry. I wish I had some confetti cake right now though.

Didn't Tiger take a bunch of crap as well for doing cheeseburgers and milkshakes his first time?

Didn't Tiger take a bunch of crap as well for doing cheeseburgers and milkshakes his first time?

All I know is he didnt serve what Fuzzy told him not to serve.

And french fries and Chicken sandwiches.

I saw his comments on twitter, and I completely agree. You have a year to plan and an unlimited options (and resources) for food. The menu looked like it was pulled from Golden Corral.

Nothing against Golden Corral, mind you. It's just not what you should be serving when you're hosting the Masters Champions' Dinner, in my opinion.

I disagree.

Some people take more pleasure from gilled chicken breast than super-fancy food. Sure, some people love their Foi-Gras (or pretend they do), but it's not for everyone.

To me, the Champion's dinner is an opportunity for the person to express who they are, and Bubba did just that.

In the other thread, I suggested I'd serve Ribs, corn-on-the-cob and sliced tomatoes. Would that make me "wrong?"

Why does it matter? He won, that Is his reward.. Just because he doesn't want some fancy food a lot of people would have to pretend to like doesn't make him wrong. I applaud him for his choice. If you win the masters you can pick PBJs for all I care

Master's champ choices is own menu, right? Why dies bubba have to serve what other want? It's his choice, sheesh

Master's champ choices is own menu, right? Why dies bubba have to serve what other want? It's his choice, sheesh

If I was the Masters champ, I would invite you and serve what you wanted Freddie. #Respect.

I don't get why he takes crap for it. Maybe that's his favorite meal, and it is his choice. If you don't like it, go win the Masters and show him how to serve a Champion's Dinner.

Faldo needs to shut his mouth regarding what someone else chose for the dinner. If he doesn't like it then he should dust off his clubs, get out there and win it himself so he can choose whatever he wants. Champ gets to choose and last I checked Faldo didn't win it last year.

Faldo has always been a little pompous, I think he's forgotten what it's like to be mortal.

Apparently Faldo served fish & chips and tomato soup the year he hosted. I guess the defense of that meal is that it would be representative of his country?

I am amazed that people constantly have to b*tch about everything these days. I don't care if he wanted everyone eating a bowl of Cheerios... IT IS HIS CHOICE!!!!

On the broadcast today, Faldo also said he was disappointed he didnt get a coloring book too. Said his 9 year old daughter would have loved the dinner selections.

This is what I thought was a tad rude. It was Bubbas choice, not Faldos...

If Faldo wants different food at the meal, he should stop complaining, win the tournament and choose his own menu.

Bubba won. He can certainly choose what he wants to serve.

With that said, he opens himself up to criticism when he has that as his menu. It's just not the right choice for an event like that. But, as I say for most things, to each his own.

The criticism is probably coming out because of the way Bubba played up how it was some big secret.

Rather disappointing menu for all the hype leading up to the Champions' Dinner.

Bubba won. He can certainly choose what he wants to serve.

With that said, he opens himself up to criticism when he has that as his menu. It's just not the right choice for an event like that. But, as I say for most things, to each his own.

But faldos fish and chips was?

Back