Magnetic Bracelets...

I've always been curious if these actually did anything for people.

I'm not really sure if the one I'm wearing is anything more than a glorified rubber band with a Callaway logo.

I'm not really sure if the one I'm wearing is anything more than a glorified rubber band with a Callaway logo.

If they sold actual rubber bands with the Callaway logo on them, you would probably buy them, wouldn't you? :D

I don't think they do jack crap.

But, I like houndstooth, so I still wear mine.

If they sold actual rubber bands with the Callaway logo on them, you would probably buy them, wouldn't you? :D

Noooo! Yes. :banghead:

I use to wear one. It was nice, but it's does nothing.

Easy money.

I have issues...

Nice rubber band :D

I've worn a Trion:Z for a few years. I can honestly say, it did nothing for my aches and pains. I kept wearing it though LOL.

From what I have read over the years, there is seems to be no significant clinical evidence that devices like these have any measurable benefit to the wearer.

However, if you send me lots of $$$ I will send you a "miracle" bracelet, necklace, ring, piercing thingy or what ever you want.

From what I have read over the years, there is seems to be no significant clinical evidence that devices like these have any measurable benefit to the wearer.

However, if you send me lots of $$$ I will send you a "miracle" bracelet, necklace, ring, piercing thingy or what ever you want.

Acupuncture has never actually received a clinical evidence "thumbs up" either but is has been practice for 3000 or so years and millions receive treatments. Whether it actually works or is just a placebo, the people receiving treatments are helped. Are magnets the same? Maybe, maybe not but some people are helped by using them...

Are any of you guys still using the bracelets? I'm expecting long term research to have been done because of this thread. I bought a pack of Callaway bracelets from Target before I went to Scotland this summer and have been wearing one of them daily since. They are made by IONETIX.

Yeah, I know, over Callaway'd but I can't help myself!

I wear a Sabona magnetic bracelet, and I definitely think it helps. Even it it is all in my head, no tennis elbow issues since I have been wearing it.

Are any of you guys still using the bracelets? I'm expecting long term research to have been done because of this thread. I bought a pack of Callaway bracelets from Target before I went to Scotland this summer and have been wearing one of them daily since. They are made by IONETIX.

Yeah, I know, over Callaway'd but I can't help myself!

If you have an extra one....you can send it to me!

If you have an extra one....you can send it to me!

I'll trade you the Callaway bracelet that I'm not wearing for say, a 55" TV. Deal?

I wear a Power Balance one when I golf and it seems to help my back. It is hard to say if it is just a mental comfort, but I know that I don't have any discomfort until a few hours after I take the bracelet off.

I used to wear them a lot. I think its more fashion than function.

It's like someone giving you a sugar pill but saying it an Advil and you headache magically goes away. Its all mental.

It easier and cheaper to carry some tin foil around with you. It all amounts to the same thing.

It easier and cheaper to carry some tin foil around with you. It all amounts to the same thing.

Tin foil really works? Great tip, lol!

I just started to wear one. My aches and pains seem to be less. Not sure if it's mental or the real deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just started to wear one. My aches and pains seem to be less. Not sure if it's mental or the real deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's definitely mental, scientists have proven without a doubt that there is no actual benefit (placebo effect only) to any sort of copper, balance, or magnetic bracelet. That said, golf is very much a mental game. If you get some comfort from it, then by all means go for it. I know I play better when I have my favorite ball marker, for example.

Back