My macbook pro has taken to not taking on a charge when I plug it in. I had it down to 60% today and now that it's plugged in, it's indicating that it is "plugged in at 60%" instead of "charging at 60%" iStat pro says my battery's health is down to 97%, and the health information in system profiler says that the battery condition is "normal."

This is the second battery this laptop has had since June, 2009. The first one got replaced under warranty 1.5 years ago for being defective. I'm off applecare now so if my battery is pooched I have to shell out for a new one. This computer had a thorough check over last spring right before it came off warranty and Apple did all the necessary maintenance at the time. They also gave me a new charger at the time.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

That's crazy, what type of macbook is it? I've had a unibody since 2009 and haven't had to replace the battery yet. Buy my mom had a 2006 and went through 2 batteries, hopefully you can get it figured out,

I've gone through two chargers
Oi, and I had to fork out $90
For a new one! But anyways, check the light on the charger

I have a mid 2009 unibody, I love it, I've had the optical drive replaced on warranty- it was shot when I received my Mac book pro, but now the new one is awesome

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Back