Lucky Number Thirteen. What's Missing in My Bag?

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
The new set up around my TM TP CB iron's, 5 - P, leave's one spot open for another club. Beyond driver I play 3w, 4h and 3 wedges, so counting the putter I have 13. While I understand it's no sin playing less than 14, it seem's like a waste if there is something that could help.I hit my 5i around 175y, 4h around 190y and 3w 220y, but can jump on any of these and squeeze just a little extra out of each.

So most of the gaps are closed from what I can see, any idea's?

I have nearly an identical setup. I added a 3h to close the gap between 3w and 4h. You could give that a try. Seems like you have enough wedges so I'm not sure where else to go haha.

How's your 3w off the deck? Worth considering a 2h?

3h that goes 205??

I toss a hybrid I can hit the farthest in that spot. Something for off the tee and the occasional shot from the fairway at a distance.

5w or a 19* 3h might fit that spot nicely.

2-3h, 5w, or maybe a 64 degree wedge.

5w or a 19* 3h might fit that spot nicely.

This was kind of where I had been headed. Been a long time since I hit a 5w, might have to give that a go.

How's your 3w off the deck? Worth considering a 2h?

Love my 2.0 off the deck, possibly the most consistent club in my bag. It's not super long, but I hit it straight.

This was kind of where I had been headed. Been a long time since I hit a 5w, might have to give that a go.

With the advancements in woods, 5 woods are easier to hit than ever. And lots of good options.

I toss a hybrid I can hit the farthest in that spot. Something for off the tee and the occasional shot from the fairway at a distance.

With the advancements in woods, 5 woods are easier to hit than ever. And lots of good options.

A long hybrid kind of has me pondering, but guess I'll need to hit several clubs from 3h to 5w and just see what fits that spot. Just not seeing myself in spots that I need that club often unless its off the tee like Hawk mentioned.

A long hybrid kind of has me pondering, but guess I'll need to hit several clubs from 3h to 5w and just see what fits that spot. Just not seeing myself in spots that I need that club often unless its off the tee like Hawk mentioned.

Those stage 2 3 hybrids are supposed to be awesome due, I've been pondering one myself actually. I'd give one a whack and see.

You might be surprised how often you will pull that if you're confident with it.

If you're a fairway wood guy a 5 wood may be the best option Duey. I'm more of a hybrid guy, but there's a point where I begin to struggle with elevating the ball. I like 19°, but struggle with height below that.

Might seems like a silly statement here, but if you truly don't need a 14th club to cover gaps in your distances, it might not hurt to throw in a left-handed club that you can use in those just in case moments.

How's your ball flight in the longer clubs, would picking up something like an 3 or 4 in something like an Altitude give you options?

If you're a fairway wood guy a 5 wood may be the best option Duey. I'm more of a hybrid guy, but there's a point where I begin to struggle with elevating the ball. I like 19°, but struggle with height below that.

May be the answer here as I get a lot of air under even my 3w off the deck. One of my complaints is to high trajectory in the wind we see most of the time here.

Might seems like a silly statement here, but if you truly don't need a 14th club to cover gaps in your distances, it might not hurt to throw in a left-handed club that you can use in those just in case moments.

Not silly at all, I could have used one just last week. Though that's pretty rare.

How's your ball flight in the longer clubs, would picking up something like an 3 or 4 in something like an Altitude give you options?

Really high ball flight with the hybrids, but then again I'm playing A12OS. They do fine without the wind, but hurt me bad against it.

Tight lies in a 14*...?

After that, I'm out, no more ideas!

I'd go 5W or a hybrid in the 18-20˚ range. Depends on what you hit better. I've always been a FW guy, but we'll see if my new J40 2H can convert me.

Tight lies in a 14*...?

After that, I'm out, no more ideas!

Lol, thanks for the help buddy. Kind of leaning towards something in a fw wood to keep a lower ball flight. I already need to get the A12 4h out of there and replace with something that stays down, so may see how that goes first. I do like the idea of something in the 17*/18* range.

I would agree to with 2/3H. the new stage 2 hybrids are adjustable so you can find the correct yardage for you. Another thought might be to play around with a wedge to get the trajectory you want for a specific shot. If you typically hit it high, you could find a small gap in yardages to fit a wedge with a different type of shaft to help you control the trajectory.... (Just a thought)

I would agree to with 2/3H. the new stage 2 hybrids are adjustable so you can find the correct yardage for you. Another thought might be to play around with a wedge to get the trajectory you want for a specific shot. If you typically hit it high, you could find a small gap in yardages to fit a wedge with a different type of shaft to help you control the trajectory.... (Just a thought)

Good thoughts here, actually reminded me I have a gap between my TM set pw and Cleveland CG15 gw. I think that can be fixed pretty quick dropping the gw one or two degrees. The adjustble 2 stage is interesting.

I would add a hybrid or a high lofted lob wedge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are your gaps in your wedges and are you happy with how you negotiate them? Personally, I don't mind modest gaps at the top of the bag and work hard to narrow gaps at the bottom.

Back