Low Ball or High Ball Hitter?

Naturally high, but I'm getting better and better at bringing it down. I could still give @Canadan a run for his money if need be though. Peak height varies a lot depending on clubs and conditions, but it would be interesting to see what it is if it was the actual goal. Like, on a gentleman's bet at a THP event.. or something.
My peak height is gross.

Medium ball flight on my shots.

Low, I used a GC2 to get yardages when I bought my 565's, and mid-high 20's were my peaks from PW down.

Last edited:
I am a high ball hitter with the driver. I am in the 120-130 range and can get it upto 140 range.

I do not know my peak height unfortunately.

I used to always think I was a High Ball hitter. For years, thinking I hit it too high, I was trying to lower my ball flight.

In a lesson last year, I brought up wanting to hit it lower. "Why do you want to hit it lower?" Because I hit it too high and lose distance. "You don't lose distance because you are hitting too high, you have lost distance because your setup has degraded over the years. Your spine angle is wrong, your ball position is wrong, your stance is too wide......."

We made some tweaks, and while still hitting the ball the same height (as far as we could approximate), was hitting then getting better contact and much improved distance.

I really want to find out for sure now... seems a ton of THP’ers are high ball hitters!

When Im hitting it well, Im a high ball hitter.

I don’t know, I don’t have a point of reference and a way to measure. I’m sure I drive low, i’m probably low on everything else.

I have no idea... as long as the ball goes straight I'm ok with it... and it's not flying 5' off the ground on its way so that's good. I think.:)

High ball hitter working on lowering flight a little.

Irons usually are usually high 30's with a high shot being in the 40's. Trying to get that down to low 30's.

Wedges I've been enjoying a much lower flight lately with peaks around 25-30. Ball just sits instead of coming back and easier to control distance.

Driver last year after getting everything sorted was around 38 peak height. Dropping loft this year to bring that down a little bit.

I believe I am kind of in the middle based on other people I play with or have played with. Do not know my peak heigth.

Haha I think we all think we hit the high ball of it goes up there but compared to the guys on Tour, we are mostly low ball hitters I think. I’d say I’m right about where I need to be with a peak height of 30-33 yards.

Used to be really low. This year I’ve been working on better ball striking, and as a result my ball flight is going much higher. Still mid height on my woods, but my short irons have really started to climb.

I’d say I’m somewhere in between. In the fittings I’ve done, my peak is usually around 30yd.

I'm a high hitter! Working to bring it down actually.

I think I'm mid to high with driver, generally mid with irons. I've been hitting the Mavriks higher than my old irons, but I'm still not confident enough to take on sky shots over trees - I'll punch low and go around them.

I hit more of a knockdown normally. I can hit a high shot, I just don't particularly like to.

I don’t know my peak height, but I’m closer to a high ball hitter than a low ball. I prefer a mid to high flight so I can hold greens better.

Last time I was on something that gave peak height, it was 43.6yds with driver. I'm not sure of irons anymore, but I don't have issues with balls running through greens unless it was already planning on running to the green.

Quite low, with every club. I doubt my 60* wedges launch more than 30 degrees.

Very high ball hitter. Not sure of the peak height but I know it’s up there

Which one are you? Do you know your peak height?

Nicely worded, as you cannot answer the first question unless you know the answer to the second.

I think I am a high ball hitter, due to my height, swing plane and AoA, but I always forget to check on the launch monitor.

Back