Losing Golf Accessories

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Have you ever lost a ball marker, divot tool, or anything else that has significant meaning on the golf course? I’m sure the answer is yes…

How did it affect your mindset during the round after you realized it or after the round?

Just had to replace the little prop coin I use for a ball marker, I put it down on a green in a charity scramble and I thought someone grabbed it, they thought I grabbed it.. oops.

Luckily I have another one so it’s already been replaced, but it is absolutely annoying. The last time I left a marker on a green that had some big significance, I drove right back to the green and the group had juuuust gotten there. The man who picked it up was very kind and returned it, and that was the last time that ball marker had ever touched grass. That was almost 20yrs ago…

I lost a ball marker that I had made with my wife and son’s name on it at Tobacco Road while I was out with friends. I was thinking about that and not golf and actually played well. The company ended up replacing it for me so everything worked out.

I find myself going to pro shops and buying small stuff to replace stuff I will loose. Ball markers and such.

I lost a divot tool once I used as a mark for a scramble. Learned to only use that stuff myself and drop a tee for those marks!

I have a couple that are pretty special to me and I'm constantly paranoid whenever I decide to use them. I have lost things temporarily, but for some reason I've been lucky enough that they've ended up wedged in the cart seat.

Had this happen yesterday while putting on the first green yesterday, when I went to mark my ball on the second hole I noticed it was gone. Meaningful ball mark and it was in my mind the next few holes. Needless to say wasn’t located.

It went downhill from there as I left my rangefinder and Callaway ball cigar holder on the cart as well. Just one of those days.

I think this might be why I don’t attach meaning to those kinds of things. Because of this fear. There are only a few actual things I’ve attached meaning and sentiment to and those things stay very safe in my office or in some cases in an actual safe.

I know myself, I lose EVERYTHING 🤣

I think this might be why I don’t attach meaning to those kinds of things. Because of this fear. There are only a few actual things I’ve attached meaning and sentiment to and those things stay very safe in my office or in some cases in an actual safe.

I know myself, I lose EVERYTHING 🤣
Hahahaha I shouldn’t either but this had a G on it, but the name on the back was spelled wrong. It was bound to happen. Hope that guy marking his ball loves being a Manyard11 😂😂😂

I lost a Hideaway divot tool and was distraught. I understand the feeling of it messing with you

I have a pitch mark tool from a tournament put on as a memorial to a good friend who died of prostate cancer. I’ve lost and found it probably 20 times. It’s been turned in several times. When I’ve discovered that I don’t have it, it’s been this nagging thought/feeling. Same thing with a ball marker a teammate had made up for what was my first THP event

I did recently lose my rangefinder. I didn’t realize it until the next time I played. I didn’t have its case on my bag instead using a pocket. No real emotional attachment other than the to cash it’ll take to replace it.

Have you ever lost a ball marker, divot tool, or anything else that has significant meaning on the golf course? I’m sure the answer is yes…

How did it affect your mindset during the round after you realized it or after the round?
I had a Seamus ball marker from Pine Needles with my son's name engraved on the back and lost it during a round. I don't think it really affected my play too much but I was sad that it was gone as it was important to me.

My dad is on his 3rd or 4th range finder and if I need to mess with him to get him off his game I just need to bring that up. So it definitely messes with you.

I know I’d be rather upset if I lost my divot tools from the various courses.

I normally use English or Spanish coins for ball markers so it’s no big deal when I lose one. I did lose my gold band wedding ring on a golf course about 8 or 9 years after I was married. My wife was actually bothered by it less than I was. I like my wider tungsten wedding ring much better. :)

I have yet to lose anything significant and not get it back. I did misplace my 3w cover, the THP limited series one, which was brought to the pro shop thankfully. While that was out of my possession it absolutely messed with my game, I was upset with myself because I'm a generally pretty stable guy on the course and I put everything in its own place.

I lost my ball marker I had made for dalululu and I the first day, fell out of my pocket in the cart. Sucked, but honestly didn't think about it too much because we were having so much fun.

Knock on wood, I have never lost anything.

Friend lost his phone. Killed the whole vibe

I have seen you lose a lot of golf balls... :ROFLMAO:
Dont Like Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

I lost a hideaway ball marker that was in a divot tool and the same thing happened with my Cog Hill marker. Really pissed about both

Last summer I lost a Callaway coin/ball marker and was pretty upset about it. Was given to me years ago by one the Callaway guys at an event and I had used it ever since. Lost it midway through the round, and thought about it the rest of the way. Really bothered me, and I kept searching for it the entire rest of the round.

Never found it, replaced it with the same one from eBay, but it's not the same.

Fortunately nothing of significant meaning. Just some random ball markers.

I have yet to lose anything significant and not get it back. I did misplace my 3w cover, the THP limited series one, which was brought to the pro shop thankfully. While that was out of my possession it absolutely messed with my game, I was upset with myself because I'm a generally pretty stable guy on the course and I put everything in its own place.
I just got the rangefinder and Cigar ball holder back. So that takes part of the sting away.

I've lost a few things over the years, and it gets in my head because I keep kicking myself over and over again for being so careless.

I've gotten to the point where I scavenge the cart from front to back at the end of a round to make sure I (or my cartner) didn't leave anything.

Back