ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers: Callaway JAWS Raw Wedges

This could be a fun comparison!

I'd try the 60º z-grind in chrome!

Shinny new wedges! I'd love to read about these wedges, and possibly test out one? (y)
48* S Grind 10 bounce. I use my current PW for everything from full shots to green side chips. I think I would test out a 48 degree a lot during the round.

I would like to test Jaws Raw Black Plasma 50* 10* S Grind Wedge - Graphite shaft? I look forward to trying the new groove spin, see what the shifting head cg feels/plays like and if possible, testing a graphite shaft in a wedge for the first time.

I am routinely on the forum, very willing to provide review, feedback and answer questions.

Tell us which loft, grind and finish you want to test and why.
  • 58° S grind black plasma
  • I only have a Cleveland 54/11 and a pitching wedge that I don't even know the loft of (came with Adams A2OS set). I have been getting decent with my 54 and looking to try out something new for those closer shots around the green. I'm always afraid of over clocking with the 54 when I'm right off the green so I feel like the 58 will put me where I need to be. Also according to Roger Cleveland in an article @JohnnyCallaway wrote on the intro to these new wedges, he mentioned proper gapping should be 4 to 5 deg gaps so the 58° would fit my gapping. I chose S grind because it fits a variety of swing types, moderate divots, and all 3 condition types. I picked the black plasma because it's absolutely beautiful to look at.
Are you able to review and answer questions daily or close on THP?
  • Yessir.

Left handed Chrome 60* X Grind, thanks for the opportunity

I would like to try the Jaws Raw Black Plasma 56 with the S grind. I've been struggling with my short game for the last couple of years, and I think that's what has kept me from lowering my Hcp. (I've stayed at a 10 for the last several years). I'm retired, I play twice a week and practice (esp. short game) once a week, so posting and answering questions would not be a problem. Thanks for running contests like
this and trying to get feedback from average golfers!

Yes please. I picked up a set of Ping Glide 3s Eye 2. I did my best to match with the Ping Zing Sand and Lob wedges. The profile looks good but I believe the Glides have more bounce (54deg 10, 58deg 8) which causes major problems on the VA Fairways. My old clubs are in storage but luckily my son has same Zing Sand. Took his out and had an easier time of it.
I would love to test new Wedges with less bounce, just not sure what I would need. Semi retired and I play every week. I check and bother everyone everyday on this site😂

Damn I wish I were playing consistely enough to be able to give adequate reviews so I'm not going to enter, but I'm looking forward to reviews as I'm due for wedges for next season

Excellent testing opportunity. 52 / 10 S grind for me. Good luck everyone and enjoy to the selected testers.

I would love the opportunity to test the Callaway's -- I have only used Titleist Vokeys previously, so curious how they measure up.
I would like to test the 50°/10 S Grind Chrome. I find I use my 50° wedge the most from the fairways and around the green.

54*
Chrome Raw
S grind

I use the MD5’s currently and would love to try one out and report back on my findings.

52 degree black S grind, for glare reduction.

True test for a approach wedge is how good the standard sole is. I have no doubt RC’s is mint. Haven’t hit a RC designed wedge since he left Cleveland, and want to try one again.

Black 56* S-Grind
I switched to a 54 degree a year ago and have not been happy with it. The 56* should be money for me.

Good luck everyone, these look amazing!

54* S Grind, black plasma

Man these are sexy!! After doing some research, the Black Plasma 58° Z Grind sounds like just what I need for those tight lies around my greens and out of the bunker.

Thanks THP & Callaway for this amazing opportunity. Good Luck everyone!!

58°
W grind
Full toe Chrome

I have been contemplating swapping out my 60* for something newer This would be a great replacement.

I would love to test a new Callaway wedge in a 54 degree w-grind in chrome raw. So curious how a 54 would play out since I carry a 52 and 56, I think the split would be cool to try out. I think it would be easy to post reviews since I just set up a chipping area in the back yard…

54•
s grind black plasma

would love to test this. Play a 50 jaws wedge now and really love the feel of it so would love to see if this wedge is just as appealing as my other one.

I would be available for daily reviews for a Raw 50* degree W grind. I usually practice or play daily as it is.

I will be buying another set of 4 wedges next year, so might as well get a start and see what's available.

Thanks for the opportunity

58* Z hero grind, chrome lefty.

I want to test and see if the Z grind’s tri level sole with the skid pad really reduces digging, and I like to play square and open face shots around the greens. I’d be able to play 3-4 times a week to share my thoughts.

Last edited:
I would want to test the Black Plasma 54° in the S grind. For my course the S grind works out best for our conditions and my game.

Back