ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers – Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about this the last 24 hours. I love my current irons but started playing with bladed Wilson irons from the late 70s/ early 80s that my grandfather was getting rid of. I haven't played a Wilson club since that time but these look incredible.

1. Which irons do you currently play?
Callaway Rogue ST Pro irons
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you?
The smaller package, thinner top line, low offset, and soft feel combined with the level of forgiveness has me intrigued. It sounds like the perfect irons for my game and ones that could give my current irons a run for the spot in the bag.
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 5-PW,AW with project x rifle 6.0 shafts

I started playing golf again this past November after stepping away for 23 years. Being reintroduced to golf has been incredible and challenging. I purchased a cheap new set of clubs off of Amazon not wanting to invest a significant amount of money until I knew I was going to be committed. I now play with the 2023 set of Dynapower irons 5-gap wedge and woods. They have been fantastic! The Driver is amazing and the irons are very forgiving with bad strikes. With the Amazon set I could strike a 5 iron roughly 150 yards. With the Wilson Dynapower 5 iron, I now send golf balls to around 180 yards. Because of the AI technology incorporated into these clubs including loft and length changes these irons are designed for high handicap players looking for strike forgiveness and distance and they do just that. In the last couple of months I have dropped strokes from an average of 120 down to 102, with a few 90's. With Wilson Dynapower irons being reintroduced in 2023 and the new forged irons coming out this year it would be interesting to see how far Wilson has came with their AI technology in the past year with these forged irons.
I am also a new member to this group!

1. Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Irons
2. I had the opportunity to be fit using Wilson AI and was placed into the Dynapwr Forged irons with KBS Tour Lite R-flex shafts, standard length, 2* flat. I saw longer length (167 avg 7-iron carry), good spin/height/stopping power, and better dispersion. Most importantly, I saw less over draws with this players distance head and heavier steel shafts coming from game improvement heads and lighter graphite shafts I was fit into when I was a beginner golfer with a huge slice. I was honestly impressed after never considering Wilson as a brand in the past, and they are a great value. I'm excited to move out of the game improvement category as I continue to improve (next goal is to get to single digit hdcp, currently a 15). I also have a home simulator setup with Mevo Plus and would be able to test in controlled and outdoor environments.
3. Current set make up is Fujikura Vista Pro 60i R-flex shafts, standard length, 2* upright, D5 swing weight, 5-PW.

These would actually be for my high school son who is 17 and he could use a different set of irons as the shaft flex for him is now incorrect in hi current set.

He plays a Tour exotic iron with senior shaft which his clubhead speed has increased over the last few years to where he now needs a stiff shaft.

Although I know the feel of cast irons has improved, I have always like the feel of forged clubs better. They would be good for him as they are forgiving and yet have good distance. He shoots in the mid 80's now not playing that much, and with correct irons (along with a better short game) his score can get into the 70's as his swing is pretty good. I also like the look from the top as it has a classic look and classic offset.

3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play?

The current iron makeup for the Tour Exotics is 5-GW and he plays a senior graphite shaft and this set, which was purchased through the WTB forum here, has served him very well over the past few years. But, he has gotten stronger and longer and needs to go to a stiff shaft in his next set of irons.

Thanks for the opportunity to win a set of irons that I have been researching for a while now.
I now play D7 irons , PW thru 5 iron with graphite shafts , Wilson wedges and hybrids 4, 3 , and 2.
My driver is Callaway Mavrik and an Even Roll putter.
I needed to upgrade my Ping clubs about four years ago and during the search for new clubs , I gave Wilson a test at Dicks on the simulator. The Wilson clubs checked all the boxes, value, looks , performance.
I ordered my clubs at Edwin Watts and enjoyed the salesman’s look of disapproval. Have enjoyed my Wilson clubs and love putting them out front at my club.
Very much interested in upgrading my clubs with forged set that has been designed with AI engineering and testing. Win this contest or not I will play the Dynapower Forged Irons some day.
I am 76 year old retiree , who plays 3 - 4 four time a week to a 17 HC. Was 14 HC six months ago but that’s golf.
Would love to test drives these good looking irons.
Good luck to the winners

Dunno how I'm just seeing this now, but here goes. Pretty interesting story from Wilson here! I also happen to have an AI fit location nearby.

Callaway Apex 21

They had me at "while making it one of the most forgiving players distance irons Wilson has ever engineered."

3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play?
5-GW. MMT 95S

1) PXH 0211DC
2) Forged Forgiveness with Distance
3) 4 iron to LW Dart Recoil R75

Having retired I have plenty of time on my hands to test these clubs should I have the opportunity to do so.

1. WilsonStaff c300 Forged
2. GIs with a decidedly non-GI look. The refinement but keeping the familiar looks going back through to the C series and beyond
3. 5-PW, PX Flighted 5.5

1. Wilson D7 Forged.
2. Looking forward to the improvement on shorter irons distance consistency. Also the new less wide sole interaction with turf, and what is does on off-center hits. I am now 50+ and looking forward to see how I can gain more distance with less effort.
3. 4-pw with kbs shafts.

This is closed up.
Testers will be announced tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back