CONTEST Live Update Thread – The 2024 WorldWide Golf Championship

I will add- since I've kept the cards and the forum vote- we (THP community) are HORRIBLE at picking winners.
Work Yes GIF by Offline Granny!

There might be a last minute hybrid bag battle. :unsure:
If you're not regripping or reshafting in the morning of the event, are you doing it right?

I am not sure if the rumor that Jdtox and JB already have the pin sheets for this event, but I gotta put some coins on them just in case that rumor is true.

I am not sure if the rumor that Jdtox and JB already have the pin sheets for this event, but I gotta put some coins on them just in case that rumor is true.
im sure they are out there dropping circles and putting to all the locations each time the play the course. ;)

Jeez man. This is starting to hurt. But god bless those .89% of people who are backing Budget Golf.

I might just come in with a chip on my shoulder.
Coming in coldish but this will play a little easier than the last one.

I putt my coins at Whiskey Business but that was before the announcement of the staffers live thread and that When Worlds Collide get some practice rounds. Do I have to hedge my bet now :ROFLMAO: 🤔

I will add- since I've kept the cards and the forum vote- we (THP community) are HORRIBLE at picking winners.
So based on this I should pick team BG but I can't do that to @Iceman! Team Data Simulation ftw!

I've heard they are planting balls in the wild, but with good sight lines of the green in case they have some wayward shots.

I asked my daughter what she wanted to do tonight before I left for a few days. She responded she wants to give me a makeover. I’m a little concerned. My son said video games. So that’s my night tonight before the live preview show

I can promise it wasn't any better when I was keeping track of the vote :ROFLMAO:

I asked my daughter what she wanted to do tonight before I left for a few days. She responded she wants to give me a makeover. I’m a little concerned. My son said video games. So that’s my night tonight before the live preview show
Please show up to the experience with painted nails. :ROFLMAO:

As a very experienced girl dad I know this all too well.

Careful. They are dangerous, but these courses can wear you down and they are going to have tired legs plus a mountain of BBQ on top.
There is going to be some great golf and it will be awesome to follow!

You gotta look good for the trophy presentation! She’s looking out for you!

Fair. But also, I do stink, so they are probably right about this one.
You're bringing the ringer though. Had to stick with my Purgatory boys, but I've got some coins riding on you guys.

What time is preview show.

Please show up to the experience with painted nails. :ROFLMAO:

As a very experienced girl dad I know this all too well.
I’ll spare @JB and the rest of the internet a picture of my toes, but just know that they are now purple and glittery

36 hours before slamming the trunk and heading south.....

I'm totally tied up in an all day meeting won't be able to catch up on the thread until tomorrow while watching the Preview Show.

This is my first THP experience, so it is definitely a mix of excitement, anxiousness, and giddiness.

I have to give a shout out to @Pops . I'd been on the board for a bit...but really didn't get what the THP experiences were. Pops came down to DFW late last year and put up a post to see if anybody could meet him for a weekday round. I was able to meet up with him and learned what people said in that golf is better with THPers. He was keeping up with an experience on his phone and it was my golden chance to ask 'how do those work anyway?'

I was blown away...it sounded almost too good to be true. Made up my mind that day I was going to put in for the next one and was lucky to get selected. Ironically I found out on a golf course when I checked my phone and there were a zillion notifications on THP, lol.

A big thank you to my original tag team partner @Parrot . He is a pheonenal guy and patiently showed me the ropes of what is done prior to an event. It was gutting to get the call he was going to be in IR and not able to make this trip. He absolutely loves the experiences and I hate he won't be able to do this one. He'll be with us in spirit the whole way.

And a big thank you to @KY Golfer who has stepped in as my new partner and is cut from the same cloth of goodness as @Parrot . I absolutely hit two royal flushes with partners.

The entire group has been good to get to know during the run up. Shout out to @outlawx who is here locally and we got a chance to play a couple of weeks ago. He's a great guy. He gave me some good advice about updating live rounds that I have been working on the rounds since.

And of course a huge thank you to the THP staff. Including all the information @JB and @GolferGal have provided to make it easy for a newbie to find their way through this.

I feel so lucky and blessed to be a part of this and can't wait to meet everyone in person. THP is amazing!!
This is awesome 🤩

Im going with southern twang in this one

Back