CONTEST Live Update Thread – The 2023 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

How does that Greyson fit? I keep wanting to pick one up but worried about the fit. I want the opposite of loose or traditional.
I think it fits great. I'd describe it as slightly relaxed based on a PM "fitted". but not traditional at all. I have a little more around the middle than i'd like, but it's no FJ cut.

How did I miss this in the Swag. Those are fantastic. :love:
yeah it's pretty freaking cool!

Someone bought a Hideaway version....I really wish I would have gone more crazy in the pro shop.

Monday 4th

Woke up way too early after the day I had. Was fully expecting a great night sleep as I’ve been on the couch for what seems like weeks because of my daughter coming into our bed.

Here’s my sunrise pic lol

IMG_0813.jpeg

As for breakfast, only had some eggs, bacon, and turkey sausage, with lots of coffee.

Had our team meeting and that’s when we got our head cover and ass cap got his Funco lookalike.

We had some time until the fleet of Ubers showed up to take us to lunch. Was great just having some down time and listening to JB and Canadan talk about the past Grandaddies, and what we needed to do to make this a great experience for you guys following along.

Lunch was a lot fun, @AT_CG was there to join us as well. Lot more bonding and stories, and learning about why JB gives Canadan such a hard time about ranch was funny. I had fish tacos to eat.

IMG_0819.jpegIMG_0820.jpegIMG_0821.jpeg

After we got back to the hotel I tried to take a nap but with everything that was going on and what was to come I couldn’t fall asleep.

As we get to Santa’s workshop, I mean Callaway HQ we were met by the man wearing his belt and two rings lol. Was so cool walking through and they had all the tv monitors set to have the G logo on them. Looking around, it was neat to see how much product was out and how much fun it looks like they have working there while still doing their job and hitting deadlines. As we walked into the presentation room they had prepared our bags all lined up on a table and they look so so good, can’t wait to get them out in public. At our seats we all got new Ogio bags filled with new shirts, gloves and all kinds of goods. Nick I believe lead things off and expressed how really bummed he was that he was going to have to miss this year. It was neat hearing him talk about the first time he heard about the Grandaddy, and once he read through some of the past ones he was hooked. Dnevs started us off I believe with the product presentation. The amount of swings, data points, lines of code, for each individual face is astonishing. The amount of time, effort, money, renderings, is truly incredible what they do to get the best product out to us. Next was @MommaOs son, and what he had to say will have a lot of people very excited when they come to market. That’s probably about all I can say from what he said lol. Then Darth Finley with his new goods. I’ve been saying it since Wednesday, it’s awesome and everyone has to try it. Just like with the woods, the amount of data they gather and the quality control that they put into every single ball…. I can honestly tell you I don’t see myself switching brands for a very long time if ever. Finley was saying they measure 132 million data points for their ball. When testing out at the range using the robot, they do it at night with the lights on due to better conditions and less wind. He said on every ball hit there are about 10,000 data points measured, off of one hit, that’s crazy. One other huge point he made was about when hitting on the seam vs cross the seam. Callaway balls have significantly better consistency shot to shot versus their leading competitors.. Do you want consistency in your ball? During the presentations there was a pizza truck that made some really freaking good pies. They had a jalapeño one with honey on it and my goodness was it good.

After we got back to the hotel we just finished up eating the leftover pizza and watched some football and had a few beverages lol.

IMG_0835.jpeg
IMG_0836.jpeg

Yeah, I think we should.

I want to know what each of the guys was surprised the most by. I don’t need juicy details (YET) but is there a club or shaft combination that they totally didn’t expect but one of the best fitters on earth got them into?

It’ll be in write up for you

You are way ahead of me on the recaps. I’m struggling to put word to paper. It will come then it will be an onslaught.
Just pick something and comment on it.

I've sat numerous times scratching my head trying to start. Just pick something.

Monday 4th

Woke up way too early after the day I had. Was fully expecting a great night sleep as I’ve been on the couch for what seems like weeks because of my daughter coming into our bed.

Here’s my sunrise pic lol

View attachment 9229433

As for breakfast, only had some eggs, bacon, and turkey sausage, with lots of coffee.

Had our team meeting and that’s when we got our head cover and ass cap got his Funco lookalike.

We had some time until the fleet of Ubers showed up to take us to lunch. Was great just having some down time and listening to JB and Canadan talk about the past Grandaddies, and what we needed to do to make this a great experience for you guys following along.

Lunch was a lot fun, @AT_CG was there to join us as well. Lot more bonding and stories, and learning about why JB gives Canadan such a hard time about ranch was funny. I had fish tacos to eat.

View attachment 9229448View attachment 9229449View attachment 9229450

After we got back to the hotel I tried to take a nap but with everything that was going on and what was to come I couldn’t fall asleep.

As we get to Santa’s workshop, I mean Callaway HQ we were met by the man wearing his belt and two rings lol. Was so cool walking through and they had all the tv monitors set to have the G logo on them. Looking around, it was neat to see how much product was out and how much fun it looks like they have working there while still doing their job and hitting deadlines. As we walked into the presentation room they had prepared our bags all lined up on a table and they look so so good, can’t wait to get them out in public. At our seats we all got new Ogio bags filled with new shirts, gloves and all kinds of goods. Nick I believe lead things off and expressed how really bummed he was that he was going to have to miss this year. It was neat hearing him talk about the first time he heard about the Grandaddy, and once he read through some of the past ones he was hooked. Dnevs started us off I believe with the product presentation. The amount of swings, data points, lines of code, for each individual face is astonishing. The amount of time, effort, money, renderings, is truly incredible what they do to get the best product out to us. Next was @MommaOs son, and what he had to say will have a lot of people very excited when they come to market. That’s probably about all I can say from what he said lol. Then Darth Finley with his new goods. I’ve been saying it since Wednesday, it’s awesome and everyone has to try it. Just like with the woods, the amount of data they gather and the quality control that they put into every single ball…. I can honestly tell you I don’t see myself switching brands for a very long time if ever. Finley was saying they measure 132 million data points for their ball. When testing out at the range using the robot, they do it at night with the lights on due to better conditions and less wind. He said on every ball hit there are about 10,000 data points measured, off of one hit, that’s crazy. One other huge point he made was about when hitting on the seam vs cross the seam. Callaway balls have significantly better consistency shot to shot versus their leading competitors.. Do you want consistency in your ball? During the presentations there was a pizza truck that made some really freaking good pies. They had a jalapeño one with honey on it and my goodness was it good.

After we got back to the hotel we just finished up eating the leftover pizza and watched some football and had a few beverages lol.

View attachment 9229473
View attachment 9229474
I don't think I will ever forget the look on the Uber driver's face when he saw 15 of us standing outside when he rolled up in his little sedan. I thought he was just going to drive away without picking up anyone.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Let me discuss Sunday evening a bit.
GolferGal and I had plans that we wanted to bring back something we used to do, which is take the entire team to dinner on arrival day and bring along some surprise friends for the group.

She got to work finding a place that could hold our 16 and that had good food and we went to Miguels, which is a good spot. Long table was filled with THPers and we arrived as a group and had invited vgolfman, and Johnny Wunder to join us for the evening.

A great "break the ice" evening for the guys to unwind over some food and margs and just talk and have fun. Afterwards, the group went to Draft Republic nearby to meet a friend, while Johnny Wunder took Canadan and I back to the hotel as we were going to skip that segment.

It was a great first night with the group.
Thank you so much for that dinner. It was delicious. One of the coolest aspects, maybe the best part of the evening, was @vgolfman going with us to afterwards to hang out and drop so much knowledge on us. Unreal.

I have that shirt on as well!!!
I probably missed it. But, who was the "winner" of the Hideaway proshop largest grand total? I know @Doubleb21 set the bar well last year. lol I wasnt far behind

Thank you so much for that dinner. It was delicious. One of the coolest aspects, maybe the best part of the evening, was @vgolfman going with us to afterwards to hang out and drop so much knowledge on us. Unreal.
Good Times GIF by Alan Jackson

Let me discuss Sunday evening a bit.
GolferGal and I had plans that we wanted to bring back something we used to do, which is take the entire team to dinner on arrival day and bring along some surprise friends for the group.

She got to work finding a place that could hold our 16 and that had good food and we went to Miguels, which is a good spot. Long table was filled with THPers and we arrived as a group and had invited vgolfman, and Johnny Wunder to join us for the evening.

A great "break the ice" evening for the guys to unwind over some food and margs and just talk and have fun. Afterwards, the group went to Draft Republic nearby to meet a friend, while Johnny Wunder took Canadan and I back to the hotel as we were going to skip that segment.

It was a great first night with the group.
Thats awesome! Also, love the fact that you all were able to coordinate getting out there a day prior! Able to slow things down a tad and breathe,

My Day at ECPC will be a bit different from others and I can't wait to read more of their thoughts.
Having already gotten the info, my bag was pretty set.
I wanted to debate between the UW and SH and did so on the range with @vgolfman guidance. I have that update in the Super Hybrid thread already and will continue to update how it works for me in the coming months. But that trial was fun and informative.

Then I wanted to test the irons with my normal shafts, which I was able to do. My set has Recoil 110 F4 in them, but I will most likely drop back to the 90s, I just like them more. I wanted to get a good idea of the sound at impact and came away pretty darn impressed. For those that are expected Paradym replacements, that is not what is being done here.

From there I went into the putting lab and watched the guys get fit. I grabbed my shape that I was fit for previously and tested out Ai-ONE and immediately knew it was for me. Love the feel of the insert and will have a full writeup in that thread too coming up soon.

Finally, I spent a good amount of time upstairs getting a full rundown on @AT_CG latest with Performance Gear, and that was eye opening. From talking about Corgis to coming through in the clutch and WINNING THE PUSH CART RACE, this was an amazing time.

From there it is bus time and the hectic happens getting everybody loaded up. But man oh man what a day.

yeah it's pretty freaking cool!

Someone bought a Hideaway version....I really wish I would have gone more crazy in the pro shop.
I have the Hideaway version, that's why this one caught my eye. Really cool.

Last edited:
I’m not picking against her ever again…

The moment @callmedaddy became a legend! I wish everyone could see her play. You'd understand why Finley chose her as a partner

Back