CONTEST Live Update Thread – 2024 Shaft Up #1 with UST Mamiya

Used my yeti yesterday. Was sad to think it’s over already
I can't focus on anything this morning. All I want to do is drive back to VN and get wind blown again. It's probably gorgeous there today. :ROFLMAO:

I can't focus on anything this morning. All I want to do is drive back to VN and get wind blown again. It's probably gorgeous there today. :ROFLMAO:
Just looked, only a high of 78 😂

Looks like you got the screw on lid? Those are so nice.
Yes I did! Had a coke in there yesterday. It pops when you slide the tab open.

Yes I did! Had a coke in there yesterday. It pops when you slide the tab open.
I got a smaller version of it a coaching gift this year. So nice of it tips over when I'm driving it doesn't leak.

I got a smaller version of it a coaching gift this year. So nice of it tips over when I'm driving it doesn't leak.
I agree! And I almost bought one a couple weeks ago.

@Nappy & @jayronmillz10

This experience gives you insight into the mind of @DannyLe What was one thing that surprised you from a fitting standpoint or one piece of advice that you will take with you and implement into your game?

@Nappy & @jayronmillz10

This experience gives you insight into the mind of @DannyLe What was one thing that surprised you from a fitting standpoint or one piece of advice that you will take with you and implement into your game?
Absolutely it does.

From the fitting two things stuck out. His patience and his attention to detail. I was probably not easy from a fitting standpoint because my swing mechanics are jacked up. Definitely not as easy as @jayronmillz10 LOL. But both he and JB had an idea going into the fitting from outside data and a picture. And he worked with me to understand what I was doing and what I was going to get from the club/shaft combo in my hand. Another thing that surprised me is when he told me that I'm generating good speed. I was completely under the impression that I was slower than most, but he disagreed. I just have swing flaws that sort of negate the speed I was already getting and I could increase distance once I address those flaws.

One piece of advice I'm going to implement into my game - paying attention to my shoulders. I didn't have them square at address so it was causing me to come across my body and leave everything open at impact. Also to try smothering the ball, I tend to try and help it without just sort of imagining a tennis forehand and letting the loft do the work. We had a lot of time before J J Ron showed up so he really spent the time to give me some tips that are going to only help me going forward. I'm sitting in my basement right now doing fake swings w/o a club trying to mimic them. Also really going to focus on getting through the ball and feeling myself get through, almost going to far and swinging like Scott Scheffler or something. I felt like towards the end of the 2nd round with them I was starting to see and do that better.

It was an amazing time and I can't wait to see my progress this year. @DannyLe is amazing and I can't wait for more people to get to meet him this year!

@Nappy & @jayronmillz10

Great questions!

I would say the one thing that surprised me from a fitting standpoint is that I actually knew very little about my swing and I always thought I needed to adjust my swing to a shaft instead of vice Versa. Timing is probably the most important aspect and I realized and I developed a bad habit of trying to compensate my pull/hook. Now Danny says swing hard and through and the shaft is perfect when I do so.

One thing to take away that I have never really thought that much about is where I am aiming off of the tee. Danny told me I hit mostly every ball straight if I would just aim correctly I would be hitting where I want it to go. Amazing how such a small thing can make a huge difference. So that is what I’ll be working on in the foreseeable future!

I’m a little slower on the following these days but this past week of following along was a blast. Whodathunk 310+ and being fit into an L flex shaft? And @Nappy if JB and Danny say you’ll find those 30 yards I’m a believer. Shaft Up for me was the gift that kept giving. As I spent more time with my fitted combo the results kept improving. And the initial jump was not tiny either. Can’t wait to hear about your upcoming progress.

Yikes. Still powering thru this live thread. I'm laughing and I'm crying and I'm sad missed some of this while I was there.

Also fun fact (probably not fun for anyone but me). Never had Red Bull before this event and now I'm out here buying strictly because of nostalgia.

1000013194.jpg

I am very curious for the guys, had you been playing your normal drivers on the course the past two days, how different would the experience have been? Would it have put you into areas that were more difficult to navigate than the new driver's results?
So sorry that I'm just seeing this, but it wouldve made everything more difficult for me because I was playing the wrong head for me and was swinging it extremely poor. I'm very happy we had the new sticks the entire time.

@Nappy and @jayronmillz10, y'all put up a good fight in some insanely difficult conditions.

What were your best couple of drives this morning?
Probably my best was on #9. I had a 210 yard shot into the green and had us in perfect shape for it.

We're not all bad...

Embarrassed Comedy GIF by Kevin Hart's Laugh Out Loud's Laugh Out Loud
haha im sorry I let us Ohioans down!

Used my yeti yesterday. Was sad to think it’s over already
But is it? You get a brand new weapon for this season that will remind you of it every time you pull it out of the bag! And if you talk about the shafts and talk golf and stay present, maybe you go back. And you'll have a much more vested interest in the next Shaft Ups as well. It's never fully over!

Let us know how many shafts were tried and how quick Danny was to change them out and dial everything in.
I swung 3 shafts and only changed setups about 5 times but one time was to confirm he liked the setup i ended up with. In all probably about 25 minutes

But is it? You get a brand new weapon for this season that will remind you of it every time you pull it out of the bag! And if you talk about the shafts and talk golf and stay present, maybe you go back. And you'll have a much more vested interest in the next Shaft Ups as well. It's never fully over!
And thank goodness it never is fully over! Been telling everyone about it so far. Everyone can't seem to believe what shaft I'm in which is a great talking point

I have made it back to THP HQ.
Some things I learned.
Im not a good sleeper, and because of that, have come to the root of my issues on day 2 of THP Experiences. I need to work on getting that accomplished.
I met my first person that identifies as a state. Jay Jay Ron identifies as Ohio.
Nappy and I share a like for cardboard.
Team Jewamese is 1-0 in 2024 and we plan on going undefeated.
You guys following along and posting made the event so much more fun than I could have ever imagined.

2024 is going to be the year of change for me and golf. Im driving the ball well, but also working on the swing overall. I will have some downsides, but pretty excited where it takes me.
If we can get Day One JB on Day Two… Look out.

And thank goodness it never is fully over! Been telling everyone about it so far. Everyone can't seem to believe what shaft I'm in which is a great talking point
We couldn't believe it either, but it's pretty freaking hard to argue with the numbers you were getting from it!

Back