CONTEST Live Update Thread – 2024 Quest Cup with Edel Golf

You "should" always be able to hit driver on a par 5.. You may not want to, but you should be able to. If a par 5 takes driver out of hand by design. It is a bad hole. That is my take..
I agree 👍🏼

looking at it though it is basically a no go.. There is zero benefit because of hole design.. In fact, even a good drive looks to be more penalizing..

View attachment 9265698
There is a lot of elevation drop so that 277 is not actual.

Taking it across the ravine is possible with a carry of 260 or greater. Depending on how much you bite off as the more towards the green, the more carry is needed. It's a challenge for sure.

looking at it though it is basically a no go.. There is zero benefit because of hole design.. In fact, even a good drive looks to be more penalizing..

View attachment 9265698
The play is to go to the right side with an iron off the tee to nestle up towards the rough and then hita long iron or fwy wood to make it in 2. I kind of know a guy that did it. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

that's such a great spot on the course. The green is wild on both sides.
Also, I spy the Owner's Cottage in the background
I will miss that place.

Right, effectively taking driver out of hand.. It is a great-looking hole, but I think it is a bit of a gimmicky design.
It’s a great hole I can see why people don’t like it though.

You "should" always be able to hit driver on a par 5.. You may not want to, but you should be able to. If a par 5 takes driver out of hand by design. It is a bad hole. That is my take..
It would be an option if they took the stupid tree out

Right, effectively taking driver out of hand.. It is a great-looking hole, but I think it is a bit of a gimmicky design.
You can go for it in 2 if you hit iron and stay to the right side of the split.

He’s been drinking them since we started
Silly me, i should have known better.
He is a machine. 🤣

It’s a great hole I can see why people don’t like it though.
It is for sure a visual stunner with some cool features. It wouldn't take a ton to make it a great hole in my mind.

5 on 12

16 tee shot is a beast. Entire fairway runs to the right

IMG_3971.jpeg

There is the suspense of if your tee shot is short of the junk too because you don’t know until you drive there.
We had to play mine out from the junk because it was the best one. Turns out it didn't matter much, like if you're going right to the forced carry if you don't make it down the hill you probably won't be able to get it there anyways so no matter what it's a 3 shot to the green hole. If your first drive doesn't roll down to the bottom I don't think you can get there in 2, even if you have distance it's just too far.

Quest Cup 2024 - Singles

Hole # 11

Team JB (JonD): in pocket

Team Blake (shanewu): 6

Team Blake wins 8&7
Congratulations dude! Great playing

What if you are not good at golf? Asking for a friend.
Still hit driver! Worst that can happen is that you end up in the native grass, which isn't that bad in this case for a lot of those positions. Then take the 2nd shot and just wedge yourself down to the flat spot and then after that you take your 3rd shot to get over the forced carry.

Back