CONTEST Live Update Thread – 2024 Bag Boy Championship

For the participants: where does Ballyhack rank on your personal list of most difficult courses you've played?
#1.

It was insanely difficult. I shot a 113 the second day, while I don't often break 100, and have yet to do it this year even using someone else's drives 90% of the time - the course eats you up. You have hard to make putts, you have undulation on the greens, you have long holes, you have forced carry. There's so much natural defense on this course it isn't funny.

#1.

It was insanely difficult. I shot a 113 the second day, while I don't often break 100, and have yet to do it this year even using someone else's drives 90% of the time - the course eats you up. You have hard to make putts, you have undulation on the greens, you have long holes, you have forced carry. There's so much natural defense on this course it isn't funny.
It looks like an absolute challenge. Seeing the slopes on the greens and trouble off the tee highlights how hard this place is. Great pictures BTW and thank you.

For the participants: where does Ballyhack rank on your personal list of most difficult courses you've played?
If you are sideways or even just out of position, this course can cause pure carnage. It's a different style of course than Bethpage, which really relies on the rough for the tough scoring.

If you are sideways or even just out of position, this course can cause pure carnage. It's a different style of course than Bethpage, which really relies on the rough for the tough scoring.
Obviously not a problem for First in Fun.

#1 DURING an experience. Apparently not that hard during a casual round 😂

Obviously not a problem for First in Fun.
What can I say? Did you expect anything else?

I was looking at the scorecard last night on my flight. I want to say my gross score yesterday was 85-86, my memory was foggy on one or two. I had a lot of bogey net par going on. But a lot of that was because we were able to have a ball in the fairway on practically every hole. I think 8 was the only FW that we both missed. If I had to play my own ball tee to green t would have been noticeably higher. Took me a bit to get the tee game going...hell I topped it off one. Went in the hazard right on 4, and blew one way right off of 5 as well. If we had to play my drive on 8...it was going to be on in the heavy rough on the back hill off the 9th tee. All of those would have added significantly more strokes to the scorecard and put me in places where scrambling would have been pretty difficult. Thankfully driver got figured out finding fairways the rest of the way in and I don't think I missed a fairway from 9-18. To the point on some where JB could save a swing here and there.

Whats the pro shop item you guys regret not buying?

and if this question has already been asked, I'm sorry.

What can I say? Did you expect anything else?

I was looking at the scorecard last night on my flight. I want to say my gross score yesterday was 85-86, my memory was foggy on one or two. I had a lot of bogey net par going on. But a lot of that was because we were able to have a ball in the fairway on practically every hole. I think 8 was the only FW that we both missed. If I had to play my own ball tee to green t would have been noticeably higher. Took me a bit to get the tee game going...hell I topped it off one. Went in the hazard right on 4, and blew one way right off of 5 as well. If we had to play my drive on 8...it was going to be on in the heavy rough on the back hill off the 9th tee. All of those would have added significantly more strokes to the scorecard and put me in places where scrambling would have been pretty difficult. Thankfully driver got figured out finding fairways the rest of the way in and I don't think I missed a fairway from 9-18. To the point on some where JB could save a swing here and there.
Golf is a lot easier playing from the fairway, especially at Ballyhack it seems.

Seriously though, I was a little bummed I couldn't get a coffee cup.
I don't even drink coffee and I was kind of mad I didn't buy one at Vic National

Being in the wrong spot looks brutal.
Being in the wrong spot along with the pin placements yesterday was TOUGH. I also think the back is way harder than the front

A light blue Peter Millar hoodie. Just wasn’t in the budget

coffee mug or the 20oz Yeti tumbler. Those were in my cottage, but I coudn't find them in the pro shop.

Absolutely #1. You can’t miss here (which I did many times).

Would love to have another shot at it though.

shall we book the owners cottage this time?

Even if it beat you up and you want to go back, that's the sign of a good course to me. I've played some tough courses that are just not enjoyable or well designed.

I wish @Muchmore skullrita shirt he was wearing yesterday was in my size. I saw it in the first day and was disappointed in the size. Even asked if they had any more in the back, no dice.

Even if it beat you up and you want to go back, that's the sign of a good course to me. I've played some tough courses that are just not enjoyable or well designed.
Really like this comment, because it's so true

Back