Lin-Q M40X vs Purple?

alaskaguy2021

Reaction score
Handicap
Ive been searching a ton and cannot seem to find much info on the Lin-Q Purple. Is it just a softer/ higher flying (and discontinued) contrast to the Lin-Q M40X?

currently game a Diamana TB 50-S. Its great, but now that im becoming more confident with my swing im getting slightly fast and thought about trying something slightly stiffer profile....very slightly stiffer. if anyone has other suggestions that are cheap to try, let me know.

thanks!

Last edited:
My bad!- moderator...can you move this to the shaft forum section please!

I have each in my bag. The M40X TSPX is definitely a little more stout (currently playing the black) but the purple is in no way inferior. Like you mentioned, it’s a little higher spin and launch. I would say try the white in F4 (S) or purple in F5 (X)

Similar to the Blue. If you like Purple, find a blue and you’ll be in love.

I have each in my bag. The M40X TSPX is definitely a little more stout (currently playing the black) but the purple is in no way inferior. Like you mentioned, it’s a little higher spin and launch. I would say try the white in F4 (S) or purple in F5 (X)
good to know! do you have any other comparisons? I use to have a Ventus Blue TR 7S and that was a little too stout for my swing profile, i tried it again a few days ago and still the same, also too heavy. i tend to swing better with 50s-60g shafts that have some give to them.

i liked the idea of trying the purple because it can be had dirt cheap on ebay, but even at $70 i dont want to spend that if i can get some feedback on whether it is even in the ball park of what might be good for me.

good to know! do you have any other comparisons? I use to have a Ventus Blue TR 7S and that was a little too stout for my swing profile, i tried it again a few days ago and still the same, also too heavy. i tend to swing better with 50s-60g shafts that have some give to them.

i liked the idea of trying the purple because it can be had dirt cheap on ebay, but even at $70 i dont want to spend that if i can get some feedback on whether it is even in the ball park of what might be good for me.
I put the TR Red in my driver which felt way more active than the purple. The purple is in my 3W which I swing about 100-103. Doesn’t feel super stiff but not super soft either

awesome!! i may go ahead and spend the $70 on trying a purple

I found a purple to try in my Aerojet driver and I liked the Hzrdus Black Gen 4 it came with more. I cut 2 inches off and tried it in my 3wd, and man what a monster. My other driver is a Callaway Rogue ST max and has a Lin-Q Black M40x TSPX

I just put a purple in my 3 wood and so far I’m impressed with how stable it feels for a higher launching shaft.

It sounds like you are weight conscious and prefer a lighter shaft. Just keep in mind that the linq shafts come in towards the top of their weight class. The 60g class comes in at 67g.

I just put a purple in my 3 wood and so far I’m impressed with how stable it feels for a higher launching shaft.

It sounds like you are weight conscious and prefer a lighter shaft. Just keep in mind that the linq shafts come in towards the top of their weight class. The 60g class comes in at 67g.
thanks for the insight, im ok with venturing a little heavier then i normally play to see how it matches up with my newer swing. I just ordered one off Ebay so be interested to see if it can knock the Diamana TB out of the bag

Back