I think I will try this drill. But be clear that his club still need to be the proper lie nagle or this drill will not work.

Here you go buddy. This is what I gather from your info. It also could very well be from your toe hitting first, but it would cause heel hits necessarily unless you were hitting behind the ball, it would just call right-ness.

[video=youtube;jbS_ai-D3N4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbS_ai-D3N4[/video]

***I am not a golf pro, just a student of the game.

Great vid Thainer, that was thoughtful man.

Do you need your own "Ask Thainer" section now? :D

Although it is necessary for the club to be fit for your swing no matter what drill you are doing, this is not much of a club issue, moreso than a swing issue. Hes hoselling and catching the ball inside and he doesnt need to just 'back up', he needs to engrain a proper swing habit by doing a drill that reverses the effects.

I think I will try this drill. But be clear that his club still need to be the proper lie nagle or this drill will not work.

No no! Im not a pro haha. If people need help they should go to Andy first (but Ill always try to help if anyone asks)

Don't get me wrong, I think proper lie angle is needed for any golfer but I'm not fitted to my clubs at all I still hit the center of the clubface. The shot may not always be straight but the drill definitely helps with ball contact.

not "ask thainer" but his very own "thainer shankadilly fixerupper" swing vids section! hahaha... love that name

I need some serious help. I cant shake it. Have tried that drill for 2 days now and its not getting better and just makes me want to swing outside in. I dont know what it is. I preceded to hit 4 hosel rockets in a row with my 55* wedge and about 8 out of 15 balls. Cant figure out if im reaching, my hips or throwing open at the ball, if my hands are rotating under causing me to open the face severely, or if im catching the toe first causing the club face to open and the ball to hit the hosel. I dont know what to do or try, but its really frustrating and making me want to not play anymore. Any advice or tips?

I need some serious help. I cant shake it. Have tried that drill for 2 days now and its not getting better and just makes me want to swing outside in. I dont know what it is. I preceded to hit 4 hosel rockets in a row with my 55* wedge and about 8 out of 15 balls. Cant figure out if im reaching, my hips or throwing open at the ball, if my hands are rotating under causing me to open the face severely, or if im catching the toe first causing the club face to open and the ball to hit the hosel. I dont know what to do or try, but its really frustrating and making me want to not play anymore. Any advice or tips?

Get some video, and take it back to chip shots. Start small, and the better you get with the chip shots, then start taking longer swings.

From the iPhone.

Get some video, and take it back to chip shots. Start small, and the better you get with the chip shots, then start taking longer swings.

From the iPhone.

I dont have a video camera.

Chip and pitch shots are fine. Its full shots.

Bridges, take your clubs, put them in the truck, put the key in the ignition, fire up the truck, make the longish drive, and take you and your stuff to a golf shop and hit on a lie board and get the peace of mind that you need. You're doing too much damage right now b/c quite frankly, you don't know if these fit your swing.

Bridges, take your clubs, put them in the truck, put the key in the ignition, fire up the truck, make the longish drive, and take you and your stuff to a golf shop and hit on a lie board and get the peace of mind that you need. You're doing too much damage right now b/c quite frankly, you don't know if these fit your swing.

Its never happened until just a week ago. I dont really want to go down there if I cant hit a ball squarely, you know? Im not sure going down there and hitting hosel rocket after hosel rocket will do any good. Im afraid if they were to change them up then all of a sudden I will start swinging normal again then be screwed with the changes they made.

Its never happened until just a week ago. I dont really want to go down there if I cant hit a ball squarely, you know? Im not sure going down there and hitting hosel rocket after hosel rocket will do any good. Im afraid if they were to change them up then all of a sudden I will start swinging normal again then be screwed with the changes they made.

At this point, you need more help than I can provide my man. You've got a case of the brain getting in the way more than anything bro, and I am not so sure I can help with that. Next time you're out hitting balls with your 2.0's, put your feet together and hit balls that way, just turn back and turn through the ball. Do it for hours.

At this point, you need more help than I can provide my man. You've got a case of the brain getting in the way more than anything bro, and I am not so sure I can help with that. Next time you're out hitting balls with your 2.0's, put your feet together and hit balls that way, just turn back and turn through the ball. Do it for hours.

See this was with the wedge, I didnt even attempt to hit PW down in fear of knocking someone out to the right of me. I tried some were I didnt move my lower body at all and that seemed to helped move it a little away from the hosel area but still not enough to be comfortable. I dont know man, guess im just pissed more than anything, probably worrying to much.

If you are not willing to check the lie angles and see what you should be hitting, I have to ask is there a reason for the thread? Professional fitters and instructors deal with players of all skill levels. if you listen to our radio show on fitting you will hear him say over and over again there is NOTHING to ever be embarrassed about.

If you are not willing to check the lie angles and see what you should be hitting, I have to ask is there a reason for the thread? Professional fitters and instructors deal with players of all skill levels. if you listen to our radio show on fitting you will hear him say over and over again there is NOTHING to ever be embarrassed about.

Never said I wasnt willing to have the lie angles checked? I want to, hell, I want every club in my bag fitted to me along with a few lessons to help me fix some things.

I listened to the radio show on fitting just the other day.

edit: What I meant by the "dont know if there is a point right now" is I feel like I need to get this worked out a little before I go because I know its not normally what i do and dont want them to change something only for me to go back to the way I normally swing a week or so later.

Never said I wasnt willing to have the lie angles checked? I want to, hell, I want every club in my bag fitted to me along with a few lessons to help me fix some things.

I listened to the radio show on fitting just the other day.

edit: What I meant by the "dont know if there is a point right now" is I feel like I need to get this worked out a little before I go because I know its not normally what i do and dont want them to change something only for me to go back to the way I normally swing a week or so later.

But that is just it. Getting it worked out could be causing MORE harm than good. Seeing a professional (both teacher and fitter) is NEVER a bad thing. They can fix the swing and the clubs!

Dude go see a pro. Why beat yourself to death when it may very well be a simple fix? I'm pretty they'll see worse swings before the end of the day.

There is my .02 which I gladly donate to the better bridges fund.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

But that is just it. Getting it worked out could be causing MORE harm than good. Seeing a professional (both teacher and fitter) is NEVER a bad thing. They can fix the swing and the clubs!

Good points. I will call around on monday to see what this all would cost.

SW fla just beat me to it. It might do you some good to have somebody looking at your swing. One lesson might at least expose the genesis of the problem and then you would not have to guess about what to do next.

I hope I dont jinx myself here, but it appears I have it worked out. I didnt want to end the golf day on such a bad note so I went out and hit some more balls and had one of those Ahhhhhhaaaaa moments. I couldnt believe it once I figured it out either. For the past few days I have been working on a new take away because I thought I might be getting to far inside, well I have been trying to take the club straight back then coming back just a little bit inside that or right on that. Well for some reason I said ok lets go with the old way a take it a little bit inside then come threw on that same line and whatdaya know, center of the clubface. Hit about 10-15 shots and all were pretty much dead center. Never would have thought it was as simple as just taking the club back a different way. Guess I wont be working on the straight back take away any more.

Here is a little visual thing. Black boxes are "feet" The blue line is the straight back take away and was trying to come back through on the black line, were the orange line was my old (which I will keep using now) take away in which I would also come back through on.

Swing.jpg

Back