Lexi Switching to Maxfli Tour Balls?

Trmpt98

2024 Vokey / 2023 GOAT Cup / 2019 Bridgestone
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Seeing this all over social media, Lexi Thompson has agreed to play the Maxfli Tour for the 2024 season.......

Wow! Not too surprised. They’re really good balls. They would be my ball of choice if I didn’t get Srixons so crazy cheap.

money talks... hope she still keeps her streak of decent form going she ended the year with

I've never bought any to play but the ones I've found and tinkered with have been decent. Surprised about the switch from Bridgestone but I'm sure DSG offered her quite a bit to play them. Hopefully she can be contending a bit more with them.

The Maxfli Tour and X are really good balls. I haven't played the S.

I didn't see this one coming. That said, the Tour S is a darn good ball - I got a doz of the yellow as a gift and played them at the tail end of this season.

Seeing this all over social media, Lexi Thompson has agreed to play the Maxfli Tour for the 2024 season.......

Feels like Bubba plays Volvik 2.0

Wow she has long been Bridgestone, had to be money that made here switch one would assume.

Lexi.. Sponsored by Dicks Sporting goods..

Wow she has long been Bridgestone, had to be money that made here switch one would assume.
It's always money. Wonder if she will rock some Bad Birdie next?

I've played the Tour and Tour X a decent amount. Pretty good balls and the X tests VERY comparable to a Pv1X. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

seems like a very interesting move for sure.

I did a ball fitting and the Maxfli Tour X was right at the top of the list for me. It's been a really good ball for me,

Its like she dropped Bstone for Vice or some other DTC brand.. Odd move....
Well, the quality discussion here is MASSIVE.

What will be more interesting to me is how Dicks/GG opt to market her with it. If they do a better job than Bridgestone...

I'll add this.

If they can ever make it happen, Lexi in Walter Hagen etc would be huge for them I'd have to think.
Then she'd be dropping Puma Clothing?

I'm not totally surprised by a switch, she has been struggling as of late. 8 missed cuts out of the 15 tournaments last year? She started to get back into the mix towards the end of the year.

I'll add this.

If they can ever make it happen, Lexi in Walter Hagen etc would be huge for them I'd have to think.
the potential here is big. Huge if you could get her to that point. But on the Maxfli/Dicks front too. I'm sure they can do some stuff with her that won't get her lost in the lineup, which is kind of what happened with Bridgestone. I mean would could talk about their marketing strategy as a whole, but I already have a headache

I'll add this.

Then she'd be dropping Puma Clothing?

I agree but you'd assume if she went that route she'd be done with Cobra/Puma completely.

yeah, that's effectively what I was suggesting.

That would be kinda sad. But she appears to be past her prime at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few PGA tour guys get signed up with Maxfli. The quality is there and the performance is also there. My only worry is that now Dicks will gradually start to increase the cost of the balls to keep pay for the endorsements.

Back