JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you agree?

Less competition

John Candy No GIF by Laff

The best of the best is funny. Because less players won’t mean the best players are playing against each other.

I think I see where’s he’s coming from. More consistent competition and probably more entertaining leaderboards…in theory.

No, I don't agree. For example, using Rory's logic, we probably would never have heard of Ludwig Aberg or Nick Dunlop.

He got his bag, eff everybody else.

Not with all the people in LIV now.

Yes. I agree and have been saying this for a while. The “tour” should be a smaller number. The korn ferry should be larger and more propped up. I think they are trying to do this but because of the players association they will never accomplish anything because the played have too much say and Jay is an idiot.

It all depends on how you retain your card.
Teams usually have a farm system.
1099 are make money performing or “sayonara another stud is in your place.”

NO…..He needs keep his trap shut…. He wants less, the jump ship to the “other” league and disappear for the sake of it!! Makes it interesting to see the lesser known, or a short knocking, fairway finding, hard working player that actually “cares”to be on the top of the board come Sunday evening!!

Less players, and then the non-elevated events end up being a field of 20, all no-names, and sponsors leave in droves because they're not going to spend millions propping up what look like tournaments from the local muni. Smart thinking.

Think About It GIF by Identity

I can agree with this but how are they going to decide who gets the cards.

I can agree with this but how are they going to decide who gets the cards.
It’s not about cards.. they will still have cards and status. The korn ferry will just be larger.

The tour for “years” has propped up shiz players that have no business having status!

Less players, and then the non-elevated events end up being a field of 20, all no-names, and sponsors leave in droves because they're not going to spend millions propping up what look like tournaments from the local muni. Smart thinking.

Think About It GIF by Identity
Tour be looking like a traveling circus 🎪

Edit: too…

He essentially wants it back to something like 75 cards, not 125-150

Sometimes it just seems like he talks out of his ass without any understanding of the implications of what he's saying.

Less players = LIV, the thing he railed against forever.
Less players = change to the structure of the historic and "true" golf of the PGAT.
Less players = less opportunity for the up and coming guys. Easy for him to say that now that he's on top.

What the tour needs is a) to unify the sport; and b) to have some legit needle moving stars emerge.

It’s not about cards.. they will still have cards and status. The korn ferry will just be larger.
He said less Tour cards. That to me means fewer tour members. How do they decide who has one of these Tour cards?

He essentially wants it back to something like 75 cards, not 125-150
But what difference would that honestly make?

So he is joining LIV?
He wouldn't be able to stand the humiliation of going to LIV and getting smoked there too, by all the players he's talked so much s**t about.

“Best of the best” as in players who have won majors in the last decade??? No pressure Rory, you have another 4 months before your decade is up. :)

Back