Legal drug use...what have you had?

Threw my back out, on the golf course, of course, and thy gave me some Vicoden. Did you know you can go sky diving in your living room? Stuff made me absolutely numb all over.

Threw my back out, on the golf course, of course, and thy gave me some Vicoden. Did you know you can go sky diving in your living room? Stuff made me absolutely numb all over.

as a matter of fact.....i did know that. but i don't need vicodin to do it. lol. in the latter years.....golf has wreaked havoc on my back. too many hours hunched over a putter on the putting green i guess.

as a matter of fact.....i did know that. but i don't need vicodin to do it. lol. in the latter years.....golf has wreaked havoc on my back. too many hours hunched over a putter on the putting green i guess.

The putter gets me more than my full swing. I can only practice putting about 30 minutes at a time before I start to tighten up.

My doc used to prescribe 20 hydrocodones about every 90 days for me and I had pills left over when it was time for him to give me another refill. I haven't had a refill in about a year now. I always worried about being addicted, so I only used them when I couldn't bear to stand up straight.

I've had numerous injuries over my 40+ years. They have prescribed numerous different things for me depending on the seriousness of my injury (broken both ankles twice, my thumb, wisdom teeth, problems with my back, knee surgery, etc). Vicodin is okay, but leaves me feeling angry, so I try to stay away from it. Flexeril mellows me out to the point of no caring about anything (Oh! the house is on fire!? I'll get to it in a minute...maybe). Percoset just wipes me out into a pool of jello, but the pain is gone.

My 23 yr old step son is a new recovering addict (too many different things to list on what he is addicted to), so NOW, anytime the Dr's want to precribe me anything, I let them know that Ibuprofen is the strongest thing I will take. I want nothing to do with having any type of Rx in the house. Especially with all that we have been through as a family. It has been a long road with him, and it has caused us all some major pain and grief, so compared to the pain that he has caused, any physical pain that I have can be managed with Ibuprofen or Tylenol.

in my case....it has been a lifelong struggle for her. then a major tragedy happened and it got 100x worse. when she's clear (which is rare) i talk to her about getting help. she knows she needs it but she's not strong enough to commit. it's really sad.

My family member has been addicted for over 10 years now. It all started with a busted knee and knee surgery and then after a death in the family she just went spiraling down and hasn't made her way back to the top. Sometimes I can talk to her and she is coherent but all she does is complain about being in pain. Other times she feels no pain but she sounds like what Anna Nicole Smith used to sound like, just all doped up.

It's so hard to watch anyone you care about lose control like that. For me this person is one of the smartest people I know, it's a very sad situation. I feel your pain doodles and I hope one day your friend can get the help she needs.

My family member has been addicted for over 10 years now. It all started with a busted knee and knee surgery and then after a death in the family she just went spiraling down and hasn't made her way back to the top. Sometimes I can talk to her and she is coherent but all she does is complain about being in pain. Other times she feels no pain but she sounds like what Anna Nicole Smith used to sound like, just all doped up.

It's so hard to watch anyone you care about lose control like that. For me this person is one of the smartest people I know, it's a very sad situation. I feel your pain doodles and I hope one day your friend can get the help she needs.

red highlight is EXACTLY dead on point. hope goes out to you too GG.

I had the laughing gas when I had my tonsils removed. Man anything the nurses said was the funniest thing ever. I remember the nurse telling me I get popsicles after and I started laughing hysterically.

I am pretty sure no one in our family will ever get addicted to anything. Not while my wife is around anyways. She has friends at the the various ERs around town. She just finished taking our older grand children to an ER room to show them the effects of (any kind) drug abuse. She did the same with our two daughters when they were younger. Show a youngster a dying junkie, and the impression will be ever lasting.

I usually go to my dentist alone. He just shakes his head when I tell him "no meds". Just get in there, and get it done, send me home. Of course I have not had an RC yet, so perhaps I best not carve that in stone as yet:D

Of course I have not had an RC yet, so perhaps I best not carve that in stone as yet:D

Way over rated in how bad they are, have had 2 of them. The last one took all of 30 minutes but it also cost $1,000. Now days it's like doing micro surgery, they use the microscopes, drill a very tiny hole thru the top & do all their work thru that small hole.

Back