Lee Westwood to skip PGA Tour in 2011

I get the feeling you don't like Westwood at all. And he's so consistent that he more than deserves the No 1 spot.

I dont care for Westwood much. But I also dont care for Woods much either anymore. Neither means that I cannot add to the number 1. ONE being how many majors he has never won. To be #1 in my opinion you have to be able to win on the largest stage against the best competition. Lee has not done that yet. Great consistency, wonderful player, but not the best in the world.

So the snickering jackal won't be over here playing, fine by me. Loved watching him snickering after making the long putt, right before Woods almost holed out the chip on 10 and wiped the smirk off of Westwood's face. Oh and take Poulter with you.

I dont care for Westwood much. But I also dont care for Woods much either anymore. Neither means that I cannot add to the number 1. ONE being how many majors he has never won. To be #1 in my opinion you have to be able to win on the largest stage against the best competition. Lee has not done that yet. Great consistency, wonderful player, but not the best in the world.

Off topic...who would you say is the world number 1 right now?

Off topic...who would you say is the world number 1 right now?

Great question and I think we need a thread on it. I will start one now.

Great question and I think we need a thread on it. I will start one now.

sounds good, now that the year is pretty much over for most of the big name players

Why all the westtooth hate? He's a great golfer and has been solid for 2 years. I don't care what he does really. We'll see him for the majors and the wgc events.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Why all the westtooth hate? He's a great golfer and has been solid for 2 years. I don't care what he does really. We'll see him for the majors and the wgc events up until Sunday

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

FIFY..

Like others have said I don't see this as being any different than how it is now. He doesn't play too many tournaments here anyhow and he seems to have better success in Europe, plus it's his home. He isn't like a lot of the other European players who have homes here in the states his family is still there so it makes sense.

i'll be here all night GG!!!!! woot woot

FIFY dude

I know exactly what a darkhorse is. And it CANT be the #3 player in the world. Unless you are referring to the chances he visits a dentist this month. HA!

I know exactly what a darkhorse is. And it CANT be the #3 player in the world. Unless you are referring to the chances he visits a dentist this month. HA!

i'm not getting into the darkhorse debate again, b/c you are RELENTLESS. but isn't he #2 in the world now?

i say good on westwood for wanting to stay closer to home. at least he's not one of those euros that hoots and hollars during the ryder cup, yet has lived over here for the past 5-7 years. i consider him to be an authentic euro, so him wanting to play on that tour is fine with me.

i'm not getting into the darkhorse debate again, b/c you are RELENTLESS. but isn't he #2 in the world now?

i say good on westwood for wanting to stay closer to home. at least he's not one of those euros that hoots and hollars during the ryder cup, yet has lived over here for the past 5-7 years. i consider him to be an authentic euro, so him wanting to play on that tour is fine with me.

He is #2. Probably will be #1 soon too based on the others not playing and him playing. I also agree on the other part of it as well.

But in my opinion, and ONLY my opinion, to be considered the best in the world, I would want to play the best in the world each and every week.

This is like Ricky Rubio to me in some ways. If you are the best at anything, you should want to compete with the best in your field. He does only on a limited basis. His choice and he has earned that.

I would say the same thing if the Euro Tour was the stronger tour and TW and Phil were still playing here. You should WANT to play the best each tournament.

He is #2. Probably will be #1 soon too based on the others not playing and him playing. I also agree on the other part of it as well.

But in my opinion, and ONLY my opinion, to be considered the best in the world, I would want to play the best in the world each and every week.

This is like Ricky Rubio to me in some ways. If you are the best at anything, you should want to compete with the best in your field. He does only on a limited basis. His choice and he has earned that.

I would say the same thing if the Euro Tour was the stronger tour and TW and Phil were still playing here. You should WANT to play the best each tournament.

dude, i agree completely. however, there is only one thing i have a problem with in your statement, and that is that rubio probably does want to play in the NBA, but the timberwolves don't think he's quite ready yet. i don't think it's his decision.

westwood has certainly proved himself to be a contender for the #1 ranking. has he earned it? i don't know myself. he's been very consistent, but so has kuchar as of late. until someone stands up and takes it, it should be tiger. i'm just pissed that a month ago phil could've taken this spot and now he's #3.

dude, i agree completely. however, there is only one thing i have a problem with in your statement, and that is that rubio probably does want to play in the NBA, but the timberwolves don't think he's quite ready yet. i don't think it's his decision.

westwood has certainly proved himself to be a contender for the #1 ranking. has he earned it? i don't know myself. he's been very consistent, but so has kuchar as of late. until someone stands up and takes it, it should be tiger. i'm just pissed that a month ago phil could've taken this spot and now he's #3.

Wow, I totally disagree with Rubio. But that is for another topic.

I agree. Westwood is definitely a contender.

Ah yes, his only recent success on TOUR. Lame ducking a win after "Swamp Butt" Garrigus imploded on 18. LOL!

That looked like an EXPLOSION to me.

Westwood is not an exciting golfer, so he won't be missed. He certainly has the right to not play primarily on the PGA Tour. It apparently doesn't matter to him if he measures himself against the best in the world week after week. He's comfortable being a big fish in a small pond. Good for him. When he's an older man with his skills diminished and it's said of him, he neared greatness, but wouldn't test himself when his skills were most finely honed, it won't bother him a bit.

Kevin

Wow, I totally disagree with Rubio. But that is for another topic.

I agree. Westwood is definitely a contender.

huh? you have friends in the NBA too? i'm only saying what i've heard in the news dude. and i've heard that the t'wolves want him to develop more in europe, and that they are quite happy with johnny flynn.

but yes, another thread.

you love westwood, admit it! you'd like to touch his crooked tooth.

It's too bad. I like to watch all the best guys in one ring. No one can debate his ability to finish high, he's not a closer, but when he's in the lead, it's always exciting to see who will win.

huh? you have friends in the NBA too? i'm only saying what i've heard in the news dude. and i've heard that the t'wolves want him to develop more in europe, and that they are quite happy with johnny flynn.

but yes, another thread.

you love westwood, admit it! you'd like to touch his crooked tooth.

Not really. But what I heard was the opposite. On Sportscenter in fact. But who knows. Again for another thread.

And I do want to touch the tooth...hehe

Spoiler
121813.jpg

lmao! it's a strikingly accurate depiction.

umm, why are we talking about ricky rubio again? i feel like peaches.

Not our loss, his loss.

So many sour grapes being thrown around here. :wink:

So, I guess now that makes the Euro tour stronger, doesn't it?
Wait, the PGA has more of the top ranked players in the world. But then Westwood is going to be no1 in the world, so rankings don't count!
Ok, Euros have the Ryder Cup. But that's only an exhibition! haha. :D

You guys will just have to live with it, or move over. You know you want to!

So many sour grapes being thrown around here. :wink:

So, I guess now that makes the Euro tour stronger, doesn't it?
Wait, the PGA has more of the top ranked players in the world. But then Westwood is going to be no1 in the world, so rankings don't count!
Ok, Euros have the Ryder Cup. But that's only an exhibition! haha. :D

You guys will just have to live with it, or move over. You know you want to!

Live with it? we have been. He has never played over here. This is no news.

As for the Ryder Cup, did I watch the same event? Or were a couple of your prominent players PGA Tour players? Rory, IJP, G-Mac, etc...

As for the Ryder Cup, did I watch the same event? Or were a couple of your prominent players PGA Tour players? Rory, IJP, G-Mac, etc...

Don't forget Justin Rose and Paul Casey....oops

Back