League Play - How Are You Doing?

leftshot

Remember to smile
Reaction score
Most leagues have been underway for a few weeks now. How are you or your team doing and how is the league going?

Only one week played so far. I played pretty well by my standards, especially for early in the season and not really touching my clubs for 6 months. No idea on the overall league standings or status because we switched to a new app and there has been a delay in getting scores input.

Played 2 out of 3 rounds so far and in 5th place out of 16 golfers. Have another round today.

Ours starts May 15th and goes through late July. I’m missing the first two weeks but have the best excuse - a golf trip to Scotland that will be my first golf in the UK. :)

I am 3 and 1 in our 9 hole match play league. T3 for most points so far. Another match tonight!

Took all three points in week 1 last thurs

12 teams in our league and we're in the middle of the pack, sitting at 6th. We've only had one week though. Since we typically finish in the bottom, we're happy to be anywhere but last.

Mostly about fun with our group.

Only one week into the season. Got our asses handed to us 8-4. I was -1 on my handicap, but my Uncle was +6.

First week was washed out. Played 3 matches since then with one tonight. Format is 2-person best ball match play. We are 3-0.

Added Note: We won tonight too. Now 4-0.

Last edited:
My league starts in 2 weeks................we have to wait for all the snowbirds to come home for the summer

My league starts in 2 weeks................we have to wait for all the snowbirds to come home for the summer
We say f**k em, they can forfeit or find subs.

I’ve played 2 out of the 3 weeks and it has been a tale of two nines so to speak. Scoring wasn’t bad between the two, but just didn’t feel in the zone this week.

Individual standings I am 4th out of 32.
Team standings we are 2nd out of 16.

League cap sitting at a comfortable 2.6 right now. Lol Sadly most everyone else is off to a slow start too.

3 league rounds so far, i've won my individual matches twice and tied once. league cap at a 4 (for 9 holes).
should have won the last match too, but i missed a 2'er on the 8th hole and then barfed on my shoes for the 9th hole.

our team is in 2nd place by a half-point out of 22 teams (4 people per team).

Won tonight, 9 hole match play, 4&2. I’m now 4-1 for the season.

Team is 1-1 but I’m personally 2-0.

We started the two man scrambles three weeks ago. We won the first one, came in 2nd on the next one. And won the most recent one last night. And we won it by A LOT. We would have won with just our gross score of 30 LOL. I play my first match play match Friday and me and my partner won our first two man match play a couple of weeks ago (we won 5/4). This year is looking good so far .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 league rounds so far, i've won my individual matches twice and tied once. league cap at a 4 (for 9 holes).
should have won the last match too, but i missed a 2'er on the 8th hole and then barfed on my shoes for the 9th hole.

our team is in 2nd place by a half-point out of 22 teams (4 people per team).
A "2'er"?

I'm currently 3rd in my division. The top guy I'll never catch because he's played like 3 times the number of events I have. The guy in second has played more than me too, but I can catch him if I buckle down, play well, and make enough events.

First 9 in the books. 46 but hopefully my birdie and closest to the pin holds up.

1. THP league I have won two out of three monthly events.
2. Other league 2 out of two monthly events. Weekly not so well.
So good so far.

Won my flight and the senior flight on Sunday. Back in the race for the overall lead of my division, moving up into the second spot. I thought the guy in #1 was too far ahead simply because he's played way more tournaments than me, but it looking at it again, he might be catchable....

Ugh Frustrated GIF by Equipe de France de Football

After three weeks....

If I have a decent warm-up and play 4-5 practice holes anywhere even to -2, I usually play like hot garbage in league play...my team did win the first week at -3, since then the best me and the team can muster is -1. It's a 9 hole random team scramble league.

Last edited:
Back