Leaf Blower or Rake?

Nerdy

Revenge of the Nerds!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
OH weather
Which do you use?

I mulch them, but down here w Bermuda grass, leaf blower works better because the leaves sit on top of the grass.

Leaf blower.

I have a ravine and woods behind my house... no rakes were used in 10 falls of living here!

Leaf blower into HOA maintained space and let those obnoxious folks deal with it.

Don’t have leaves just yet…

We have to bag ours. I use a leaf vacuum, the mower with the bag on the back, and a blower.

Blower on concrete, mulch in grass. Will do at least one rake at the very end of leaf falling season to get up all the dead grass.

Leaf vacuum...it mulches them and they go straight into the bag. Then, I enpty the bag into a trash bag.

on the left side of the house, I raked.
on the right side of the house, I used a leaf blower.

I hate them both equally. I need to get the thing for the back of the Deere.

Both. Rake helps collect them into a neat pile in the tree lawn for the city to pick up.

Mulch them up with the lawn mower. MUCH less work than raking, I don’t have piles that I have to get rid of, and the mower cuts them up so small, they disappear into the grass. Also, the mulch is good for my lawn.

Mulch them up with the lawn mower. MUCH less work than raking, I don’t have piles that I have to get rid of, and the mower cuts them up so small, they disappear into the grass. Also, the mulch is good for my lawn.

We have oaks, and one of the best things organic mulches such as oak leaves do is recycle nutrients and organic matter back into the soil.

Typically mulch them up with the lawnmower. Last house it was too thick so go leaf blower.

Althought my leaf blower gets more use as a snow blower than a fall yard tool.

Neither we either mulch with the mower or we have a worx leave vacuum

Mow over them where I can, others I suck up with a leaf vacuum and dump them around the foundation to compost.

Neither, my HOA hires a gardener

Back