Last Range Session: Better or Worse

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I got to the course early enough to spend some good time at the range today.

Where normally I’m happy to cycle through my clubs, by the time I’d hit my 4 iron I felt like nothing but regression went down. It was a weird, ugly, uncomfortable process and all I was trying to do was just shake the cobwebs and feel the swing a bit more.

So I ask you: Was your last range session leaving you feeling better, or worse?

Last practice range session - Better. I pulled out the ol alignment sticks to make sure I was doing my take away drills properly. I then also put a towel behind the ball to try and dial in my strike location and never hit the towel so that was pretty good. Spent a good hour really getting some good practice in. I then spent 20 min at the putting green.

Last time before a round - felt ready. I only hit like 10 balls because everything was loose and I was ready to go. I then walked over and spent a good 15 min at the putting green to get the feel down. I probably needed another few balls on the range for the wedges as those took a little time to get the right distances this morning.

Last range session had me feeling better. I’ve got a long way to go, but generally much better.

I was puring everything so much much better

my last full range session was not very encouraging..

Was at the range today and felt like I left better than I arrived. Was able to hit off grass for the first time in awhile not that winter is breaking. Glad to leave the matts behind for once.

Last range session made me feel much better. Worked on getting weight back to front side. Ball striking much better as was flight. Work in progress. GolfTec appointment coming up in a week.

Worse, but progress. Working on eliminating a flip and sucking the club too far inside. I take 2 clubs to the range: 7i and 51. Alignment sticks and some tees. Wasn't making the best contact.
This time of year I walk a few holes on the back 9. Just a PW and a couple balls. Defacto range session. Something clicked about halfway through and I was puring it every time. Posture was sloppy and that was effecting my swing and contact. Still pull a few left, but they were still smashed.

Just getting back in the game after injuries for seven months.

Fourth range session back, finally got some smarts and used video... that helped improvement. But it's weird how seven months away can turn you into more of a hack ... but I can still putt.

But I am stiff, stiff, stiff. Gotta move the hips outta the way.

My last range session was encouraging. Really starting to hit my wedges how I want to, just need some short game practice to get everything going in the right direction.

Range does not do well in my golf routine.. before a 18 hole outing - I hit about 7 balls and that is it. I Never ever go to range and just hit balls.

I went to the range today. I've figured some things out and it was an excellent session.

I took video to send to my instructor, ready to receive his copious praise and amazement at the finely tuned golfer I'd become. When I review the video, what do I see? The same old @#$#$@#@ inside takeaway. I swear I'd sign over my 401k to someone who could fix it. I deleted the video in frustration.

That said, I do know it's getting better. Like 1% every six months better. Back at it tomorrow.

Better, but I know what you’re talking about. Occasionally a range session goes south and the harder you try to fix it the farther away you feel. Sometimes for me going back down to a shorter club for a couple of swings helps, but some days even that doesn’t work.

For some reason this sticks with me even worse than a bad round. I’ll still be thinking about it hours later at home, and may even end up swinging a club in the backyard searching for a feel.

Last edited:
My first range session of the year was 3 weeks ago. I hadn't swung a club since my twilight league ended in September and calling it fugly would be charitable.

I spent time at the range before my first round of the year last Sunday. I managed to find some semblance of a swing before we teed off. So I guess we'll call it a positive?
I still lost 4 balls in 9 holes though.

What's a range session?

I'm in pretty bad need of a good long range session right now. My swing just feels off.

My last d-range session was a futile attempt to hit balls into a flag pin bending wind. 45-55
mph would be a safe wind speed guess. I was hitting low 2i shots.

Even the short game area, which has some wind breaks was an extra thought process.

Hey, it beat sitting at home watching tv........

Wasn't feeling too good about my warm-up yesterday, but it seemed to sort itself out. Looking forward to the weather eventually changing here so I can go hit a whole bucket of driver and partial wedges.

Yesterdays range session was good. I got there way early to work on my takeaway and not being so tense. That swing went to the course with me and i had a great day. It was worth the extra range time to get the swing sorted out.

Finally found a decent and easy way to vid the swing on the range ... it's the only way to observe what you are really doing.

Helped me yesterday.

Last range session - yesterday- left me feeling solid. Been trying to implement adjustments to my iron swings - and was really hitting solid shots with them. And the swing just felt comfortable. the prior session- not so much.

My last session had me feeling better. I had an indoor fitting for a hybrid/long iron and a lot of shots were showing pulled left or hooking OB. At the range a few days later, things were much better; straighter, no wild pulls left. The work with the longer clubs has been going well.

Been months so can't remember

My last range session was months ago so I can't really recall. But I have been there before. In fact I have left balls in the bucket because It got worse.

My last range session was terrible. Started off great, getting some awesome strikes in and good straightish drives and then something happened and I was spraying it all over the place so I left for my round not having a club which end of the stick to swing with.

It continued into a very poor round, while I still had fun I lost 8 of the 9 balls I brought.

Back