L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max Putter Review

Does this mean an order has been placed? :unsure:
Nah. No orders will be made. Waiting to see if we get the DF3 to review, I simply roll the Mezz Max extremely well.

If you go through this I urge you to do the video fitting.
Yeah, as much as I want to go trade a bunch of stuff in and get a DF3, I think it would be foolish, and the video fitting is the only way to go.

Yeah, as much as I want to go trade a bunch of stuff in and get a DF3, I think it would be foolish, and the video fitting is the only way to go.
Do you know what your reg lie angle is for putter?

I do indeed

They fit me to the same lie angle I have been previously fit to for other putters. Which was cool considering it was done by video. So you could just order that if you wanted…

First round with the mezz max broomstick on Saturday, very impressed. Distance control on lag putts really stood out as I was within tap in range more often than not. Even had a 30 footer drop for bird

Just spend some time rolling the Mezz and PGA SS. Had previously only rolled the DF models.

The Mezz really caught me by surprise. Really like the shape, and it being center shafted really didnt feel center shafted? Does that even make sense? Longest they had was a 35" putter, and I would prefer longer, but the 35" rolled excellent.

Plus, it was red. I like red.

Hard ponder here @ddec

Just spend some time rolling the Mezz and PGA SS. Had previously only rolled the DF models.

The Mezz really caught me by surprise. Really like the shape, and it being center shafted really didnt feel center shafted? Does that even make sense? Longest they had was a 35" putter, and I would prefer longer, but the 35" rolled excellent.

Plus, it was red. I like red.

Hard ponder here @ddec
I saw this notification and thought you came home with one. But great that you were able to roll it.

I saw this notification and thought you came home with one. But great that you were able to roll it.
If they had a longer one, other than a broomstick, I probably would have. Im comfortable adding length to my putters, but dont think this is one I feel comfortable doing that to, especially trying to save the grip, etc.

If they had a longer one, other than a broomstick, I probably would have. Im comfortable adding length to my putters, but dont think this is one I feel comfortable doing that to, especially trying to save the grip, etc.

Being that it’s face balanced, all changes would require a rebalance. Only downside to the LAB putters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being that it’s face balanced, all changes would require a rebalance. Only downside to the LAB putters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. Custom route would be the way, for sure.

I've had my Mezz 1 Max broomstick for about a month. I haven't used a broomstick prior to this one, so I spent the first few weeks dialing in the technique with some pretty poor results on the course. Now that I've more or less "settled" into a grip and stance that feels comfortable and is repeatable, I'm starting to see some real potential with this putter.

Spent about an hour on a practice green earlier this week working on 6-10 footers. When I knew the line, it was *almost* automatic from 6 feet. I could start it online about 9/10 times and make the putt.

Played 9 holes yesterday, and went from my truck directly to the 1st tee (i.e., no practice putts). I had a pretty terrible 3 putt on the first hole and had ~10 footers on holes 2 and 3 that I left short (but were right on-line). After the first 3 three holes, I told myself before every putt not to leave it short. Putted really great the last 6 holes, making 3 putts from 8-10 feet. Moral of the story... hit some practice putts and don't leave it short. I've never been this confident hitting the ball on my intended target line.

I'm pretty confident that, by the end of the year, I'm going to be pretty deadly with this thing. Hopefully I don't get too much crap once league starts for using a broomstick putter.

Back