Kinetixx HYPERSONIC Driver Shaft

Great description of it based on the few swings I took
It seems unique, which may or may not be true, and I’m quite smitten, which is 100% true

Considering one of these in a lighter flex, in pink, for an experiment with the DS LS heads…

Considering one of these in a lighter flex, in pink, for an experiment with the DS LS heads…
I didn’t know they are doing pink in the hypersonic ….

I didn’t know they are doing pink in the hypersonic ….
Only in 10 and 20, and they were made for a Long Drive distributor who’s selling them.

Im tempted to do the 20 as an experiment.

Plus, pink.

Only in 10 and 20, and they were made for a Long Drive distributor who’s selling them.

Im tempted to do the 20 as an experiment.

Plus, pink.
Can’t go wrong with pink.

If I could play a touch more and know I’d have time to dial in that timing..

Im a fan of your experiment so I can live vicariously through it

I caved and ordered a D40 for my Darkspeed.

It’s here!!!! Built up and ready to go.
IMG_1420.jpeg

The shop that put the tip and grip on put an AJ max head on it so I could just take w couple swings to make sure I was good with it.
Totally cold 1st swing, somewhere in the middle and my last of about 10. Can’t wait to really get to swinging with this old boy!
IMG_1412.jpeg
IMG_1413.jpeg
IMG_1414.jpeg

Alright alright alright!
First test of the Hypersonic D30.
I was on a Uneekor LM which I was not entirely used to. Used Chromesoft XLS my gamer ball from last year and was told spin numbers are accurate on this LM.
Gamer is AJ max 10.5 set to -1 draw. Oban Kiyoshi Gold 65g stiff. This setup had me hitting off the tee better than I ever had previously so not like I was struggling in any way.

Hypersonic looks sleek with the matte(kinda) finish but I noticed small flecks of sparkle. Nice touch which will probably make it pop a bit in the sun. Hardly noticeable in the indoor lighting.
First difference in the waggle test is that I feel more flex in the Hypersonic. No big deal not noodly in any way. From a feel perspective, man it felt so much smoother than the Oban. I knew the Oban was a little more stout but when doing direct comparison the Hypersonic just felt so smooth and easy to swing. This was a big difference. I guess I never realized how much I had to work to swing the Oban.

I hit about 15 with gamer setup and 15 with the Hypersonic D30 in the same -1 draw setup. Just wanted to make sure the swing was feeling decent in comparing the two setups. I didn’t use any of these numbers in my official data set for comparison but these swings were pretty eye opening. On a trackman I am usually 94-96 ss with a random outlier up to 98. Uneekor had me about the same maybe slightly faster. If I really went after it 98 with the Oban.

Holy Hypersonic batman!!!! Buttery smooth and hitting 100 on more than a handful of swings! I even went back to the Oban after this to ensure it was not playing tricks on me. Could not get over 98. The funny thing is that I did not even include about 3 of my best with the Hypersonic in my dataset because it was during my mess around period.

One big thing I noticed is that if I really got quick in transition and went hard with the Oban I got punished with the low hooky draw that divebombed. That did not happen with the Hypersonic. If I did that it did hook on me but not near as severely and did not fall out of the sky.
Here is gamer with terrible swings removed.
Sorry for the small print.
Long story short similar spin touch lower launch with hyper. But ball speed +2 mph and +7 yards carry distance. And less swings to get my data set.
Test 1 was a success!
IMG_1482.jpeg

Hypersonic
IMG_1484.jpeg

Last edited:
Alright alright alright!
I was on a Uneekor LM which I was not entirely used to. Used Chromesoft XLS my gamer ball from last year and was told spin numbers are accurate on this LM.
Gamer is AJ max 10.5 set to -1 draw. Oban Kiyoshi Gold 65g stiff. This setup had me hitting off the tee better than I ever had previously so not like I was struggling in any way.

Hypersonic looks sleek with the matte(kinda) finish but I noticed small flecks of sparkle. Nice touch which will probably make it pop a bit in the sun. Hardly noticeable in the indoor lighting.
First difference in the waggle test is that I feel more flex in the Hypersonic. No big deal not noodly in any way. From a feel perspective, man it felt so much smoother than the Oban. I knew the Oban was a little more stout but when doing direct comparison the Hypersonic just felt so smooth and easy to swing. This was a big difference. I guess I never realized how much I had to work to swing the Oban.

I hit about 15 with gamer setup and 15 with the Hypersonic D30 in the same -1 draw setup. Just wanted to make sure the swing was feeling decent in comparing the two setups. I didn’t use any of these numbers in my official data set for comparison but these swings were pretty eye opening. On a trackman I am usually 94-96 ss with a random outlier up to 98. Uneekor had me about the same maybe slightly faster. If I really went after it 98 with the Oban.

Holy Hypersonic batman!!!! Buttery smooth and hitting 100 on more than a handful of swings! I even went back to the Oban after this to ensure it was not playing tricks on me. Could not get over 98. The funny thing is that I did not even include about 3 of my best with the Hypersonic in my dataset because it was during my mess around period.

One big thing I noticed is that if I really got quick in transition and went hard with the Oban I got punished with the low hooky draw that divebombed. That did not happen with the Hypersonic. If I did that it did hook on me but not near as severely and did not fall out of the sky.
Long story short similar spin touch lower launch with hyper. But ball speed +2 mph and +7 yards carry distance. And less swings to get my data set.
Test 1 was a success!
View attachment 9243288

Hypersonic
View attachment 9243289
This does not help me resist getting one 😆 awesome potential here for sure!

Alright alright alright!

Test 1 was a success!
View attachment 9243288

Hypersonic
View attachment 9243289
Really glad it’s working for you.

I really like the feel of the hypersonic shaft. Just has a nice smooth feeling and does not take much effort to swing. Did not totally eliminate the left side but greatly minimized the potential huge left miss that I can be prone to. I really want to get this out on the course and see how it performs.

Hypersonic on the course was really really good. Felt like we were into the wind all day so will not much stock into distance but from an accuracy standpoint played one ball all day which is way out of the ordinary for me. I just love how it feels, smooth and easy. Launches in about a mid range window and was a perfect ball flight for dealing with the wind. Never launched too high that I was worried about wind affecting it too much. Very good feeling about the first outdoor test.

Hypersonic on the course was really really good. Felt like we were into the wind all day so will not much stock into distance but from an accuracy standpoint played one ball all day which is way out of the ordinary for me. I just love how it feels, smooth and easy. Launches in about a mid range window and was a perfect ball flight for dealing with the wind. Never launched too high that I was worried about wind affecting it too much. Very good feeling about the first outdoor test.
It’s one hell of a good driver shaft.

I did what I never thought I would and pulled the Callaway tip off of mine. It was my gamer all season last year in the Paradym TD, but the Darkspeed LS is the head this season for me, so, it’s time to give the Hyper a chance in the 8 and 9 heads to see how it shakes out

iI haven't played since last fall. So Thursday and Friday were my first experience with the Hypersonic shaft.
My dispersion was very tight, which is not only surprising but very appreciated 😀

My question @Jman is I made a mistake on measuring the length of the shaft. I had just grabbed a shaft to measure, not realizing it was an inch shorter than my other shafts. 44.5 inches compared to 45.5 inches of my other shafts.

My question would be, am I going to lose distance with the shorter shaft? 🤔 Or is the tighter dispersion a result of the shorter shaft?
Anyone can answer please.

What I really noticed was how the ball just seems to jump off the face. Something my playing partners noticed also. I had been using a Ventus Blue TR shaft before and my miss was always a push to the right. I can't remember a push in the 2 rounds that I played.

iI haven't played since last fall. So Thursday and Friday were my first experience with the Hypersonic shaft.
My dispersion was very tight, which is not only surprising but very appreciated 😀

My question @Jman is I made a mistake on measuring the length of the shaft. I had just grabbed a shaft to measure, not realizing it was an inch shorter than my other shafts. 44.5 inches compared to 45.5 inches of my other shafts.

My question would be, am I going to lose distance with the shorter shaft? 🤔 Or is the tighter dispersion a result of the shorter shaft?
Anyone can answer please.

What I really noticed was how the ball just seems to jump off the face. Something my playing partners noticed also. I had been using a Ventus Blue TR shaft before and my miss was always a push to the right. I can't remember a push in the 2 rounds that I played.
Do you mean 44.5 installed, or 44.5 uninstalled?

I really like the feel of the hypersonic shaft. Just has a nice smooth feeling and does not take much effort to swing. Did not totally eliminate the left side but greatly minimized the potential huge left miss that I can be prone to. I really want to get this out on the course and see how it performs.
What’s crazy about the Kevlar magic is it greatly minimizing my huge right miss.

What’s crazy about the Kevlar magic is it greatly minimizing my huge right miss.
Hmmmmm that sounds tasty. Remind me what length you play your driver at? Or at least what length was it in Kentucky.

Hmmmmm that sounds tasty. Remind me what length you play your driver at? Or at least what length was it in Kentucky.
Pretty sure it’s 45”. I can check. It hasn’t moved since then. Probably the longest I’ve gone in 4 years without messing with something.

Something I'm really liking with the Hypersonic is how forgiving it is to different swing speeds. I can handle and get good numbers with a typical 6X, but it's not my favorite when it's 45* and I'm going straight from the car to the tee. The Hypersonic feels like I can still get something out of it in those scenarios. If I'm feeling frisky by the end of the round, it will handle that without feeling as much of a ramp in kick like with the Velocity.

Back