Justin Herbert is now part of #TeamCallaway

TRyan

Granddaddy 2X | GOAT Cup Champ | Gray Bull Bound
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Thoughts? I love that companies are continuing to bring people in outside of golf to bring additional brand awareness.

Does this move the needle for anyone, though?

I saw this morning and thought...why? No it doesn't move the needle for me but then again neither does Steph Curry or the good good kids.

this is big for me because im a fan boy for sure haha excited to see Herbert v FP

Not until he wins a playoff game :LOL:.

This does nothing for me golf-related. The only move they made outside of golf that I liked was Steph Curry because of how it coincided with commitments to underserved communities at it relates to access to golf.

@ZackOakleyCG had to of had a hand in this. He's probably freaking out with excitement.

Is this the QB from the Chargers??
Does nothing for me when brands sign Influencers. If Anything it turns me OFF not On to a brand.

Haha, they went ahead of their own embargo too.

so is an intern getting fired for this? Or is that something they do to make sure they post it first?

He certainly gets a lot more time in the offseason to golf vs other QBs. 🤷‍♂️

Didn’t know he golfed. Fun, but doesn’t move the needle like their Steph Curry partnership.

I think this is a oh cool.... then never think about it again. I won't specifically watch a video because he's in it. I may watch it but certainly wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Nothing worse than early release when you are trying to hold it back. At least they made a big splash when they finally let it out.

<out of context thread here I come>

Last edited:
so is an intern getting fired for this? Or is that something they do to make sure they post it first?
Its all in fun, our email said 1pm so I was making sure it was scheduled for that, because I am a big fan of this, with how much he does for youth golf.

@ZackOakleyCG had to of had a hand in this. He's probably freaking out with excitement.
When I talked to Zack about it last week, to say he was excited was an understatement.
Even though he still owes me drinks for the DUUUVAL win.

Nah, it doesn't move the needle for me.

Its all in fun, our email said 1pm so I was making sure it was scheduled for that, because I am a big fan of this, with how much he does for youth golf.
Why don't they mention that then? I see a NBA player or NFL player and think meh who cares but if there was more to it I might be inclined to understand it a bit more.

Why don't they mention that then? I see a NBA player or NFL player and think meh who cares but if there was more to it I might be inclined to understand it a bit more.
I think you are going to see a lot more about it. Like Curry, he has a passion for growing the game and children's golf.

I can't imagine how @ZackOakleyCG is feeling.

Herbert does look like a fine role model and someone that you will see as one of the young QB in the NFL a lot. Not sure how that will relate to golf much, but in the charity events he could be more of a draw.

Love this. My boys are so into football so seeing him and Mahomes playing gets their attention. My 5 year-old is also randomly a Chargers fan.

It doesn't move the needle for me, but the folks at Callaway obviously see some value in it so it's a win for them. He seems like a solid role model and it's great that he does work with youth golf.

These celebrity golfer sponsorships don't influence my brand interest or buying decisions. I do enjoy learning about people's golf interests, and that includes the recreational golfer through celebrities. These things are simply entertainment to me.

Thoughts? I love that companies are continuing to bring people in outside of golf to bring additional brand awareness.

Does this move the needle for anyone, though?

who is this?

Back