Jumbo Max Grips Review Thread

Great feedback. I have been using oversize grips for my big ole paws for a long time, I might try the Jumbo Max when i get my replacements.

The jumbo max are definitely staying, but I may go with a bit smaller model on my irons, and more wraps under the right hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I have the JumboMax putter grip, used it for a while before I went with the SuperStroke. Nothing wrong, I just prefer the SS feel over the JM. Plus the JM grip is on my Nike Drone putter, one that I don't use anymore since I discovered SeeMore.

I'm doing an experiment before going with the Jumbo Max on all my clubs. I had my club guy put 4 full length wraps and another 8 under the right hand with an oversize Lamkin ace 3 gen grip on one club. Then I had him put a total of 14 wraps under the right hand with a Ping Id 8 oversize grip. I'll try them out tomorrow, and this weekend, to see if I will go with that, or just order the rest of the Jumbo Max grips.

The experimental grips were good, but not as good as these. I went ahead and ordered the rest to put on all the clubs. I hope they fit in the bag together, but if I have to buy another bag, oh well, I suppose I can live with that.

The grips arrived today and will be put on the rest of the clubs soon.

Do you have any better driver control or ballspeed with these grips?

Do you have any better driver control or ballspeed with these grips?

I really can't say better ballspeed per se, but the average is up a bit because I feel like I can go for it more with these grips, they feel more secure in my hands. In other words, I'm not getting ballspeeds that I have never seen before, but on average they are a bit higher. Better control? That I can absolutely say, and that was really a nice surprise since I already hit my driver pretty well before putting this grip on it.

I should mention again, however, that I do not use a typical Vardon grip, my left hand is basically the same as a vardon grip, but the club is in the palm of my right hand so I need a larger than normal grip size. I'm not sure these would be a good option for those that use a conventional grip, but they are great for me.
JumboMax say they are better for everyone, but YMMV of course.

Grips installed.
0cef83ca636d6123ef44cf95ecd85d3f.jpg

Second shot with the 4i after the grip was ready to go.
87d661e8ab8c2a4df16e58edfbdaf876.jpg

These grips start to show wear pretty quickly, but I don't care. Such a good grip for me, I should have put them on a long time ago!

You are missing the putter grip:alien:

The clubs all fit in the bag with no issues.

Many practice sessions, and several rounds with these grips, and I am still very pleased with them. They are looking pretty worn, but it hasn't affected the performance, that I can tell. They are ideal for my grip/swing. I hope they continue making these, or something similar because regular size grips are just too small when you grip in the palm like I do.

Last edited:
Happy to see you found something that works for you!

Got a few new Jumbomax grips to try out. The tour series. These feel great and are very tacky, even on a super muggy day like today. I will put these on all my clubs before too long.
bd21ddb2d18d0ab08bb5bf04038d4d58.jpg

The tour series feel like the outside is made of double-sided tape. I wonder how long they will feel that tacky.

Anyone have more recent thoughts on these now that they are available over the last couple of years for the One Length and Bryson uses them? I'm curious to give them a try with my arthritis.

Back