mainefootwedge

2024 Shaft Up #2 with UST Mamiya
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
22.1 GHIN
I know there has to be other John Deere enthusists here, so here's my baby.............share yours

2018 X730 with 102 hours
48" deck
47" snowblower
54" plow blade
72lb wheel weights
terragrip chains

Rides like a Cadillac compared to my previous lawn tractors, the power steering makes it so easy to drive.
Hydraulics and shaft driven accessories makes it super easy to swap over too.

And of course I had the put a Callaway sticker on it.

1000004452.jpg1000004456.jpg1000004453.jpg1000004459.jpg

Last edited:
Where do the golf clubs go?

Just hours ago I laid down my deposit on a 2024 X739 4x4 AWS with the 4 way snow blade and 54” deck. Can’t wait for her to come in. We had to ask about the fit of the heated cab. If it fits, my $$ goes way up, and I couldn’t be happier.

I know there has to be other John Deere enthusists here, so here's my baby.

2018 X730 with 102 hours
48" deck
47" snowblower
54" plow blade
72lb wheel weights
terragrip chains

Rides like a Cadillac compared to my previous lawn tractors, the power steering makes it so easy to drive.

View attachment 9260808View attachment 9260809View attachment 9260810View attachment 9260811
You would be aghast if I posted pictures of my 1998 445. Both side panels are broken, the hood is falling apart, and in general it looks used and abused. Plus it’s running on a Vanguard repower from the original Kawasaki FD620D.

But it does have the 60C deck, 3 point hitch, and 40 Loader. Plus I shimmed the hydraulics to enable 1700 pounds of hydraulic pressure.

Just hours ago I laid down my deposit on a 2024 X739 4x4 AWS with the 4 way snow blade and 54” deck. Can’t wait for her to come in. We had to ask about the fit of the heated cab. If it fits, my $$ goes way up, and I couldn’t be happier.

The 0% financing offer this month on the Signature line is getting people to make the move.
The heated hard cab is about an extra $7-8k.............big investment.
I was going to go with the soft cab, but the height won't fit in my shed........so I just tough it out and deal with the snow/cold.

There is a great Facebook group for the X700 models, lots of great people and good info on there.

You would be aghast if I posted pictures of my 1998 445. Both side panels are broken, the hood is falling apart, and in general it looks used and abused. Plus it’s running on a Vanguard repower from the original Kawasaki FD620D.

But it does have the 60C deck, 3 point hitch, and 40 Loader. Plus I shimmed the hydraulics to enable 1700 pounds of hydraulic pressure.

I would love to get a 45 loader for mine, but I just don't think I would use it enough to justify the approx. $4k price tag for it and the mounts.

I know there has to be other John Deere enthusists here, so here's my baby.

2018 X730 with 102 hours
48" deck
47" snowblower
54" plow blade
72lb wheel weights
terragrip chains

View attachment 9260808View attachment 9260809View attachment 9260810View attachment 9260811
Oh My God Wow GIF

george-jones-riding-lawnmower-john-deere.jpg

I would love to get a 45 loader for mine, but I just don't think I would use it enough to justify the approx. $4k price tag for it and the mounts.
Yeah that’s a tough swallow, fortunately I was able to grab the 40 used so it hurt a lot less.

Have you looked at something like the Johnny Bucket?

Yeah that’s a tough swallow, fortunately I was able to grab the 40 used so it hurt a lot less.

Have you looked at something like the Johnny Bucket?

Yeah, the 45 loader actually doesn't fit the newer X700s. But there is a guy on the Facebook group that makes mounts so it can work.
The $4k price is for used.

For the few times I would use a loader, I'm not ready to spend that much money on one.

Last edited:
Don't own one but drive one about 4 days a week when mowing greens or tee boxes.

Back