Jman's Journeys in Putterdom - Spreading the Knowledge!

Great looking putter. I am looking forward to more installments.

Many thanks, and more will come!

That is just a beautiful putter! It makes my Odyssey look rather damn ghetto. I'll be checking back in on your putter threads for sure.

Thank you! I did forget to add a cavity pic though....sooooooo....

DSC_0025-2.jpg

Simple, yet elegeant IMHO.

OK!! lol, will do...likely tomorrow or Friday, not all are going to be one-offs or the likes...gonna throw some SUPER affordable under-dogs in there too, alot that more should here about. It'll be good for all to see you don't have to have the custom, there are some pretty sweet unknowns out there too.

Great Thread...

Your adventures in several other putter threads have started me down the path of getting a custom putter. I am still a little ways off but the seed has been very well planted. It will happen in the foreseeable future (gift to myself for passing a tough professional exam? I sure hope so!)

It will be well worth the wait. Thats something I've found out all too well, the saving for my first Lajosi was tough, but wow is it awesome to have something that was built for you and to your specs...and soooooo many great puttermakers out there too! Glad you're diggin' it Gus!

Jman, well done son! Lol. Mills did a great job, what a beautiful putter. Your not helping the rest of us with our addictions.

Someone please start a PA club, putters anonymous, haha.

Well done and I'm seeing on my phone. I can't wait to get to the laptop.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Haha, thanks Duey, glad to have you reading. Its nice to not only share the flatsticks with you all, but also some info that people may not have known...for better or for worse. More soon, I promise!

Hmmm, time for an update, I think so. Piretti anyone?

As difficult as it is to pick what’s next, because its getting a bit ridiculous even by my own admissions, I figured lets go with something really striking.

So....

The Piretti Teramo Center-Shaft Carbon Steel Mallet.

DSC_0074-1.jpg

DSC_0081-1.jpg

DSC_0079-1.jpg

DSC_0078-1.jpg

DSC_0080-1.jpg

DSC_0075-1.jpg

DSC_0072-3.jpg

Now, Piretti has gotten some press on the forum with their Cottonwood and in the magazine with other stylings, and ritefully so. I've always eyeballed the beauty of the Cottonwood II's and others by Mike from afar as I'm just not a plumber or flow neck kinda guy, Its all about the center shafted putters for me. The along came the Teramo. This is actually the second generation Teramo from Piretti with the first one looking like nothing like this iteration...and that is a good thing IMHO.

This caught my radar when Mike was posting some CAD design pics on a couple other forums and I thought to myself that it was really nice, but promptly moved on due to thoughts of dollar signs in my head. Well, fast-forward and Mike made a "Teramo First-Ten" deal that I couldn’t pass up, especially after exchanging emails with Mike and annoying the piss out of him lol. Spec's were sent in for 33.5", 365g, 68* lie angle, dual site-line, and a bright white carbetta stitchback to contrast Piretti's trademark "Midnight Black" finish that is among the best around (and maintenance free!). For reference it also comes in stainless or the carbon I chose as its my favorite non-copper material lol and can have any number of neck styles and finishes as well.

The result? After an extended wait (due to it being a new design) turned out to be well worth it, just as Mike reassured me along the way. My personal thoughts? Very positive. The putter on course and in-house gives the nice audible click that I love and is easily the softest non-insert putter I have, even including those I have with the v-grooves. The dual siteline on this is configured differently than any of my other dual's as they are closer together, and that makes for a bit of adjustment every time before taking it on course. The weight is great as I'm a heavy putter guy and that is what Mike believes in at Piretti, heavier putters. Its one of the most visually appealing mallet's I have ever seen with beautiful mill-marks plainly visible under the slick Midnight-Black finish. The only real knock was the headcover, as it is Piretti's first true mallet design, the blade headcover for the Cottonwood's just doesn't work. That’s a small thing though that I'm sure will be remedied in the future.

Like I said earlier, there is a good Piretti thread here.... ( http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Cottonwood-II-Putter-Review&highlight=piretti ) but as is will be customary in this thread I want to do a little more about the maker.

Mike Johnson founded Piretti in 2008 as he came in from being heavy into rock-climbing of all places. Having done lots and lots of research he has jumped headlong into the industry and is having immaculate amounts of success and his putters are being played on weekends already, pretty huge for a Houston based company. Mike took classic designs and gave them a twist, most evident in his Anser or Dale-Head head styling’s (Cottonwood II) by making them blades thicker, heavier, and dare I say it, better looking.

More on Mike and his company? Check out Piretti's site at www.PirettiGolf.com and also a regular THP contributor PutterZone has a GREAT interview up with the man himself that can be read at http://www.putterzone.com/2010/03/insider-interview-piretti-putters.html

The verdict? BANG for your buck is the name of the game for Piretti. The prices are right here and Mike is top-notch in communicating with you along the way to fit the putter to your eye, specs, and wants. Pelt an email at him and I guarantee you get a quick reply, I love companies like that. I dig Piretti and my Teramo alot, it may not ever be a perma-gamer for me, but it will never leave the collection...but I still wish I could play a Plumber's Neck because a oh-so-slick Cottonwood II would be all mine lol.

I hope this one was at the least a tiny bit insightful and as usual, comments and discussion make my day go by faster lol.

J

Whhhoooooo boy. That Piretti is sweet. And I dont even like mallets.

Can we gat a Lajosi next, Please? I would love to know how they perform.

Fantastic Jman. What a beauty! I'm loving everything about that putter, dual sightlines, white grip, even the straigh shaft that's generally not my thing. Very well done.

I may have skipped over it, but have you had the chance to play this yet? The milling looks so cool in the midnight black. 365g with that shape and carbon steel, I bet she becomes your gamer, lol.

Whhhoooooo boy. That Piretti is sweet. And I dont even like mallets.

Can we gat a Lajosi next, Please? I would love to know how they perform.

Thanks Aggro. A Lajosi hmmm? I believe I can manage that, maybe even tomorrow since its movie time in my class. Say a dual review? The LPS1 and the Goose for ya?

I do love my Lajosi's, hell, I have two more in the works...and wait until you see those.....wow.

Fantastic Jman. What a beauty! I'm loving everything about that putter, dual sightlines, white grip, even the straigh shaft that's generally not my thing. Very well done.

I may have skipped over it, but have you had the chance to play this yet? The milling looks so cool in the midnight black. 365g with that shape and carbon steel, I bet she becomes your gamer, lol.

Yeah, its been out for 9 since football got over, smoooooooooth. I just don't know if it will ever unseat my LPS1 Lajosi...or any other Lajosi, but, it WILL be gamed from time to time for sure. It is definitely a jaw dropper, thats for sure. Thanks Duey!

Thanks Aggro. A Lajosi hmmm? I believe I can manage that, maybe even tomorrow since its movie time in my class. Say a dual review? The LPS1 and the Goose for ya?

I do love my Lajosi's, hell, I have two more in the works...and wait until you see those.....wow.

Yeah, its been out for 9 since football got over, smoooooooooth. I just don't know if it will ever unseat my LPS1 Lajosi...or any other Lajosi, but, it WILL be gamed from time to time for sure. It is definitely a jaw dropper, thats for sure. Thanks Duey!

Yeah, I just re-read it and you talked about gaming it and how soft it was. It's a looker for sure. What part of Okla are you from? We need to meet up next summer and to hit the course and compare flats.

Yeah, I just re-read it and you talked about gaming it and how soft it was. It's a looker for sure. What part of Okla are you from? We need to meet up next summer and to hit the course and compare flats.

That could/would be a blast. I'm in the Tulsa area now actually, where are you in Neb?

That could/would be a blast. I'm in the Tulsa area now actually, where are you in Neb?

Close to Grand Island. I'm in Wichita quite a bit, Tulsa's just a hop & skip from there. Wichita is a little over 4 hours, I went through there over the weekend and going again this week, lol.

Close to Grand Island. I'm in Wichita quite a bit, Tulsa's just a hop & skip from there. Wichita is a little over 4 hours, I went through there over the weekend and going again this week, lol.

I think we're gonna have to do something this Spring/Summer then, for sure.

I think we're gonna have to do something this Spring/Summer then, for sure.

I thought you both were going to be at the outing?

I thought you both were going to be at the outing?

I'm still fighting for it lol, the wife's med school schedule is making it rather difficult. Believe me though, I'm still trying.

Still the plan, that's why I suggested summer rather than spring.

Still the plan, that's why I suggested summer rather than spring.

Indeed. I typed the "spring/summer" without thinking lol

Heh he. Sounds good. I have been contemplating saving up for one, to treat myself, but if they cant perform, they cant be bought.

Heh he. Sounds good. I have been contemplating saving up for one, to treat myself, but if they cant perform, they cant be bought.

Trust me, as the members who got to try it at the last outing can attest, they perform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping this one so everyone gets to see it. I think it's a real beauty, hope others will leave a comment for you and lajosi!

That piretti is gorgeous! :desire:

I quite like the two line alignment, still iffy on the shaft location though.

That piretti is gorgeous! :desire:

I quite like the two line alignment, still iffy on the shaft location though.

Haha, I once was too, now I can't putt without it being a center shaft.

Thank you for reading!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love this thread, Jman. I can only read it at home due to a PB block at work booo

Love this thread, Jman. I can only read it at home due to a PB block at work booo

That sucks about the block! I am truly glad that you and others seem to be digging the thread though, its alot of fun for me...just trying to pace myself so I don't have to buy putters to have somethign to do in here...moving through the collection at a nice even-keeled pace LOL.

I've got new pics for the Lajosi's...I'llt ry to do a write up tomorrow...in between golf and hanging lights lol.

I thought I'd bump this one up to see if we'll get any more putter enlightenment.

I thought I'd bump this one up to see if we'll get any more putter enlightenment.

lol, I can come up with something. Honestly I've been so busy overhauling the bag and worrying about the career change thing I'd forgotten. I cleaned several out, but I can still review the heck out of em!

Thanks Dirt

No hurry, I'm sure you're a busy fella with all that going on. I just love reading through all the history and info you went through in the last 2.

Back