Jim Venetos swing can be dangerous

I think it’s a classic case of how out of shape physically golfers are.See it all the time.

And how much they expect to get out of their bodies. I play with a retired guy who swings SMOOTH and slow and he can play A LOT and does play A LOT. He plays 5500 and doesn't miss a beat.

I tried that swing for a while and I ended up hooking everything and literally smashing into houses. I just couldn't afford that type of stress. I'm sure I was doing something wrong, but it didn't work for me.

As we age there are a lot of ways to hurt ourselves with any golf swing. Even if that swing is textbook, repetitive action is going to wear the body down faster for some.

That said, for them to just blow off concerns of a paying member speaks volumes.

Jim's answer was "If you do it right, it won't hurt."

Ok, thanks Dr. Jim Venetos.
Well, I don't think anyone is more more flexible and possessing of a more normal and fluid swing than Fred Couples. and he has had a bad back for DECADES. He sure didn't use the Venetos method. What I am saying is that golf can be hard on your back, no matter how you swing at the ball. I look at the Venetos method as a suggestion of how to swing inside out. If it makes your back sore, adjust it a bit until your back feels better. As for me, I am going to try it, if only as a drill to improve my swing.

Well, I don't think anyone is more more flexible and possessing of a more normal and fluid swing than Fred Couples. and he has had a bad back for DECADES. He sure didn't use the Venetos method. What I am saying is that golf can be hard on your back, no matter how you swing at the ball. I look at the Venetos method as a suggestion of how to swing inside out. If it makes your back sore, adjust it a bit until your back feels better. As for me, I am going to try it, if only as a drill to improve my swing.
I was using basically his preset swing for a while. It worked pretty well at first. Was a simplified way to have weight forward at impact.
Trouble is that I somehow found a way to eventually work my bad habits into it.

Back