Jim Furyk Sets Record with 58.

JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA
Has a putt for 57 but sets PGA tour record with a 58. Incredible.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Heck of a round, only PGA player with more than 1 sub 60 round on tour.

He now holds a 59 and 58 on tour!! That's pretty dayum solid

When I grow up I want to be Jim Furyk. Wow what a freaking round of golf!

He's one of my favorites especially because he does it with such an unusual swing. AS was already pointed out, only 6 guys have ever gone sub 60 on the PGA Tour and he's the only one that's done it twice. I imagine he will have at least a share of this record for decades to come.

The PGA Tour should have some bonus for shooting 59 or better such as $1,000,000 towards a charity of your choice.

What's even more impressive is a 27 on the front 9. That's insane.

I was watching the Olympics when a buddy texted me. So only got to watch his last two putts. Amazing round.

It really is incredible when you think back of all the great player's the tour has had over the years, and Jim is the first and only one to do it.

It really is incredible when you think back of all the great player's the tour has had over the years, and Jim is the first and only one to do it.
Isn't that the truth. Great point HoosierGolfer. To add another point to this great golfing feat of Jim's is the fact he averages high 270's in driver distance.

Just heard as we just got back from an all day beach adventure. Crazy shooting and congrats to Jim!

That's amazing!

Would have love to of seen it. Just amazing

Best part is that he's an old dude like myself. What a round.

Did I hear that right, he only missed 1 fairway and hit all 18 greens coupled with 24 putts? Amazing round of golf.

That is amazing...golfing your ball now has a new meaning.

That is amazing and he has two sub 60 rounds to boot. Unreal!

The stats they threw up on TV for Furyk today were unreal, the guy is a machine. Something like 209 bogey-free rounds since 1994, 200 rounds with 13+ Fairways in Reg, and 9 rounds with 18 Greens In Reg (today being all of those).

10 putts on the first 9 holes. Damn.

The stats they threw up on TV for Furyk today were unreal, the guy is a machine. Something like 209 bogey-free rounds since 1994, 200 rounds with 13+ Fairways in Reg, and 9 rounds with 18 Greens In Reg (today being all of those).

He's one of my favorite golfers to watch. His swing may be weird as hell, but man that guy is so freakin steady tee to green.

He's one of my favorite golfers to watch. His swing may be weird as hell, but man that guy is so freakin steady tee to green.

He's also a pretty stand up guy from my interactions with him around tournaments.

He's also a pretty stand up guy from my interactions with him around tournaments.

I saw him in Tampa once lose his cool and it was awkward and hilarious. Sniped it off the tee, told everyone not to move as his ball off his 3w coming out of the rough would be around 180mph... And then fluff laughed at him. They bantered back and forth jokingly and then Furyk swung and hit an awful shot.

He recoiled and slapped at the ground and accidentally took a divot and sprayed some dude right in the chest with his divot. He immediately apologized profusely to him and his family, meanwhile the guy couldn't stop laughing, cause he said it made him feel like he was a regular guy.

I've got a photo of the divot somewhere on my computer since I was next to the guy who got sprayed.

Said it in the other thread - crazy number. Great for him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely outstanding. Love to see this for Jim.

Back