Is the ProV1 or ProV1x the best ball for women golfers?

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Heres a little blurb with opposite opinions from some big names in the golf ball industry about what ball may better suit women golfers. This could be applicable to anybody not possessing a high swing speed as well though.

http://www.golfdigeststix.com/golfdigeststix/20130313?pg=2#pg6

The last line, a quote from Titleist was pretty interesting to me. "When you pay more for a golf ball, you're paying for performance."

What do you all think?

I think that whole "best ball for everyone" crap that Titleist claims is such a joke it's not even funny. That includes women, slow swingers, fast swingers, hookers, slicers, everyone. No it is not the best ball for everyone! I wish they would stop that campaign already.

I think Mahoney is trying to sell high cost golf balls.

I think Titleist is as full of [titleist] as ever.

Any golf ball works in a kitchen..

Ellen got the best results for her swing with the E6. She used the ProV1 at 3 par and said she didn't like the way it felt.

I love that last quote that you noted Hawk. It's really interesting how this can be fairly different for some people. I love the E-6 and that goes no where near the price or Pro V1. But I do love the Pro V1 regardless.

And now If only my girlfriend would play too I could help her tremendously.

That quote you had is so ridiculous. I dont like a Pro V off of the driver. I wouldnt pay more for more sidespin.. Doesnt make any sense. Id rather play an e5/e6 or Gamer V2 Tour that has much less sidespin so my drives stay in the fairway, and I pay half for that performance.

Pay for performance? Wow, someone drank the kool-aid.

I would think the Urethane cover would be good for everyone in the short game, but I'd think you would want a properly fit ball whether man or woman, fast swinger or slow. Not sure exactly what would make the biggest difference, but I'd think it would largely be compression so tour balls would be vastly different from 2 piecers.

A lot of what Titleist says makes sense to me.

Just curious, not at all instigating, can you explain this a bit?

Sure. Not being an expert, I cant prove anything or really defend positions, this is my view as a consumer: Titleist says the ProV1 is the best ball period. They say they also make others, which would be options if you dont want to spend on an expensive Pro V1. Makes sense. Other companies clearly need to get in the game and gain marketshare, so the fitting idea comes in to play. Again, this is my view as a consumer, my perception.

Sure. Not being an expert, I cant prove anything or really defend positions, this is my view as a consumer: Titleist says the ProV1 is the best ball period. They say they also make others, which would be options if you dont want to spend on an expensive Pro V1. Makes sense. Other companies clearly need to get in the game and gain marketshare, so the fitting idea comes in to play. Again, this is my view as a consumer, my perception.

But you cannot possibly think that a Pro V1 or V1x is the best ball for every golfer can you? That is what they claim.. That it is the best ball for every player. Simply from a numbers perspective, from a fitting, it wasnt even close to the best ball for me.

I dont think anyone is arguing their dominance of the market, just doubting their claims

So because a company says they are the best, you just bite hook line and sinker?

A lot of golf consumers do this man...That is why they have such a large marketshare

I'm actually shocked people just buy in like that.
I did trial and error on balls until I went for a fitting. The Bridgestone rep actually told me the E6 and then a ball that wasn't theirs I should use.

The last line, a quote from Titleist was pretty interesting to me. "When you pay more for a golf ball, you're paying for performance."

What do you all think?

I think that the last line is a bunch of crap, the ball cannot draw or fade by itself you have to do that on your own based on your swing. A ball like the Pro V is just going to cause way more spin than the average golfer needs and end up farther in the woods, lake or rough.

I think that as a man it is absurd for me to even begin to know what's good for a woman, and I don't want to fall into the trap that I think I know what's best for them and their game. I'm going to let them decide what's best for their games through experimentation and trial.

Negative, I can see how Bridgestone golf could have the ball for everyone, but not the prov1, one of the most important things I think is compression and it takes quite a bit of club head speed to compress a prov1x that's my opinion though

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Heres a little blurb with opposite opinions from some big names in the golf ball industry about what ball may better suit women golfers. This could be applicable to anybody not possessing a high swing speed as well though.

http://www.golfdigeststix.com/golfdigeststix/20130313?pg=2#pg6

What do you all think?

I play the ProV1 and I disagree. While it is a great ball I do not think it is that much better than a B330 or any other top tour balls.

But you cannot possibly think that a Pro V1 or V1x is the best ball for every golfer can you? That is what they claim.. That it is the best ball for every player. Simply from a numbers perspective, from a fitting, it wasnt even close to the best ball for me.

I dont think anyone is arguing their dominance of the market, just doubting their claims

My friend always think's of "play your best" In reference to that quote they are saying the ProV's are the best. But when you "don't play your best" you slice a country mile with a prov1. lol

I play the ProV1 and I disagree. While it is a great ball I do not think it is that much better than a B330 or any other top tour balls.

I agree, but why does nearly every top amateur play the ProV line? Talking top 50 in the world. It's the same thing with Cameron's. It makes one think about why are all these top am's playing these clubs, balls, putters.

I agree, but why does nearly every top amateur play the ProV line? Talking top 50 in the world. It's the same thing with Cameron's. It makes one think about why are all these top am's playing these clubs, balls, putters.

Very true and I have often wondered if the get discounted equipment to do so

Back