Votes: 11 22.9%
  • No

Votes: 37 77.1%

• Total voters

Daluteh

Touring Purple - 2024 Bag Boy Championship
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I was with someone from Wisconsin last week, and she told me that when her kid was like 8 - they were having lasagna they had an epiphany and they were like, mom this is just spaghetti cake!

I feel like it makes sense, and we should just call it that. It would be way more fun.

You know…I have no valid argument against this.

Make it so.

I was racking my brain to try and find a counterpoint....I have yet to find one

Never heard this before but I am not sure how to say 'No' hahah

One thing I know for sure - they are both delicious

You might be onto something….

Spaghetti is a type of pasta, which isnt typically in a Lasagna.

Also, I dont put ricotta in spaghetti sauce.

However, I will argue the fact that lasagna IS a cake.

I was with someone from Wisconsin last week, and she told me that when her kid was like 8 - they were having lasagna they had an epiphany and they were like, mom this is just spaghetti cake!

I feel like it makes sense, and we should just call it that. It would be way more fun.
I’ll bring this up with my Italian wife.

If I suddenly stop posting you’ll know why.

It was an interesting conversation to be had, that's for sure. I didn't have an argument to it, I was just like ...I mean, why not?!

Spaghetti is a type of pasta, which isnt typically in a Lasagna.

Also, I dont put ricotta in spaghetti sauce.

However, I will argue the fact that lasagna IS a cake.
So, is a kit kat a cake as well then?

That's one of my favorite random food icebreakers. If you stack a kit kat on a kit kat is it one or two kit kats due to how layering works?

So, is a kit kat a cake as well then?

That's one of my favorite random food icebreakers. If you stack a kit kat on a kit kat is it one or two kit kats due to how layering works?
I would say kit kat is a cake.

If you stack two kit kats on top of each other, and wrap them in chocolate, then it is a bigger kit kat.

And a Calzone is an empanada!

No. Different pasta, different ingredients.

A Calzone is pizza folded in half and Rigatoni is spaghetti you don’t have to slurp.

GIF by Giphy QA

I think I am now going to refer to it as Spaghetti Cake just funs.

To me the answer is no. Lasagna noodles are not spaghetti. I am actually happy though that my Monday morning started with such a difficult, thought provoking food related question. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I think I am now going to refer to it as Spaghetti Cake just funs.
I voted no but I’m fully onboard with calling it this from now on

I voted no but I’m fully onboard with calling it this from now on
Cake for dinner tonight kids!

Yay!

Ughhhh, lasagna again.

Spaghetti cake would be baked spaghetti. In our house meant mixing the leftover noodles and sauce, covering it with mozzarella then baking it when it was time for leftovers. Or put it in the freezer for another day.

Spaghetti cake would be baked spaghetti. In our house meant mixing the leftover noodles and sauce, covering it with mozzarella then baking it when it was time for leftovers. Or put it in the freezer for another day.
Wouldnt that make it a pie?

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Well, good thing there is now a pie thread...
I wish I could say this sprouted my pie thread, but apparently food is hot in the streets this morning across America :ROFLMAO:

I am ready to sit down and do some deep dive research on this topic...which includes taste testing.

Back