Introducing Swingbyte

If it is path that is a draw or hook.

I don't care for the description as I have gc2, others using on the range would not need it either.

If you want to know the numbers and buy SB I think you would have enough knowledge to guess the shot shape.

I suggest you drop it.

guys - we're ready to open the website beta to THP'ers!

keep in mind we're still making lots of changes, so you'll see improvements in the coming weeks, but we want to start getting more folks on so we can get as much feedback as we can.

please send all feedback to [email protected]

to log in, go to http://my.swingbyte.com and log in with your swingbyte credentials.

please note, at the moment you need to use FireFox or Chrome. We'll support the standard range of browsers shortly, but for the moment we do need one of those two.

we look forward to everyone's feedback!

I went and looked at the site, not too bad. I dont think it's worth $50/month as it is, but hopefully there's still more to be added. Maybe if there were instructions on how to use it to improve your swing in the form of golf lessons of some sort.

I would suggest that a different pro be found, at least one that can release the club at impact. I couldnt find a shot that had a closed face to path value. Pretty much every shot would be a fade, pull or a slice with the values given. Pros dont keep their cards very long when they spend most of the time hunting for their balls. :D

I went and looked at the site, not too bad. I dont think it's worth $50/month as it is, but hopefully there's still more to be added. Maybe if there were instructions on how to use it to improve your swing in the form of golf lessons of some sort.

I would suggest that a different pro be found, at least one that can release the club at impact. I couldnt find a shot that had a closed face to path value. Pretty much every shot would be a fade, pull or a slice with the values given. Pros dont keep their cards very long when they spend most of the time hunting for their balls. :D

the pro data is across a number of different guys, and we're loading more guys in.

that said - here's a closed one :)

https://my.swingbyte.com/e/47188486i

also - the service will be $50 per year (so less than 5 bucks a month) and there will always be a free option.

I can't see the whole swing animation. The swing is to big, it doesn't fit the screen.

Why does swingbyte take soooo long to ship? I ordered Sunday and this is Friday and still no notification!!

Curious as to what club this swing was with.

guys - we're ready to open the website beta to THP'ers!

keep in mind we're still making lots of changes, so you'll see improvements in the coming weeks, but we want to start getting more folks on so we can get as much feedback as we can.

please send all feedback to [email protected]

to log in, go to http://my.swingbyte.com and log in with your swingbyte credentials.

please note, at the moment you need to use FireFox or Chrome. We'll support the standard range of browsers shortly, but for the moment we do need one of those two.

we look forward to everyone's feedback!

Site looks great!!! A couple of issues though:

1) Swing should fit on the screen
2) Allow user to set a default view for the swing so that I don't have to constantly toggle from the 3D default to DTL or FO views.
3) I think you should label the swing screen with the club itself so if I was to share just the "picture" we know what club was used.

Site looks great!!! A couple of issues though:

1) Swing should fit on the screen
2) Allow user to set a default view for the swing so that I don't have to constantly toggle from the 3D default to DTL or FO views.
3) I think you should label the swing screen with the club itself so if I was to share just the "picture" we know what club was used.

thanks!

noted on all fronts. btw - you can zoom with the scroll wheel or keyboard +/-. you can also click-drag to rotate in 3d or reposition in the others.

the pro data is across a number of different guys, and we're loading more guys in.

that said - here's a closed one :)

https://my.swingbyte.com/e/47188486i

also - the service will be $50 per year (so less than 5 bucks a month) and there will always be a free option.

That is awesome, A very cool feature and option!!!

Kolosy,

I take a lot of 3/4 type swings (especially with clubs from 7i on down) as i'm sure the "pros" do as well however i'm assuming that all of the model "pro" swings on the site are full swings. Are there 3/4 type swings you can include across the various clubs (and mark them as such). with a 3/4 swing i'm curious to see if that little loop thing at top disappears since you go up, and come back down from the inside..........so you'll see a more pronounced drop at the top as you transition into the "slot"?

Kolosy,

I take a lot of 3/4 type swings (especially with clubs from 7i on down) as i'm sure the "pros" do as well however i'm assuming that all of the model "pro" swings on the site are full swings. Are there 3/4 type swings you can include across the various clubs (and mark them as such). with a 3/4 swing i'm curious to see if that little loop thing at top disappears since you go up, and come back down from the inside..........so you'll see a more pronounced drop at the top as you transition into the "slot"?

we've been building a database of full pro swings, but that's definitely something we can start to include.

the pro swings aren't static, they'll keep building.

is that face to path or face to address? we're looking at how those shot shapes get labeled, the next update should improve that logic.

the fact is that we have to make too many assumptions to estimate ball flight, so we may drop that altogether.

Please don't drop that feature. That is very nice for a high level view of your swing without having to dig into the numbers.

is that face to path or face to address? we're looking at how those shot shapes get labeled, the next update should improve that logic.

the fact is that we have to make too many assumptions to estimate ball flight, so we may drop that altogether.

I wouldn't drop it. Yes, the description of ball flight may currently be wrong like 99.9% of the time BUT, just fix the logic so it is based not off of any assumptions (not sure why you're assuming anything in trying to make this determination) and is based purely off the data from your device. For ball flight determination you only need: 1) club face at impact 2) swing path --- Both data points that are captured by your device (though once again depending on target line and orientation of device on club, could be right or wrong). If you want to continue to capture the data points above, than I would also display expected ball flight. Here is a good source for how ball flight laws work:

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/ball_flight_laws

With the above, also let the public know how you are determining ball flight, basically educate us as to why you're displaying a slice or a push or a pull, regardless of whether it's right or wrong (it should always be right according to data points captured, though the data points themselves might be suspect).

I wouldn't drop it. Yes, the description of ball flight may currently be wrong like 99.9% of the time BUT, just fix the logic so it is based not off of any assumptions (not sure why you're assuming anything in trying to make this determination) and is based purely off the data from your device. For ball flight determination you only need: 1) club face at impact 2) swing path --- Both data points that are captured by your device (though once again depending on target line and orientation of device on club, could be right or wrong). If you want to continue to capture the data points above, than I would also display expected ball flight. Here is a good source for how ball flight laws work:

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/ball_flight_laws

With the above, also let the public know how you are determining ball flight, basically educate us as to why you're displaying a slice or a push or a pull, regardless of whether it's right or wrong (it should always be right according to data points captured, though the data points themselves might be suspect).

there are two key assumptions that have to be made:
- what part of the club face made contact with the ball
- wind

other than that, you're certainly right - it's pretty straightforward and based on numbers we already get.

there are two key assumptions that have to be made:
- what part of the club face made contact with the ball
- wind

other than that, you're certainly right - it's pretty straightforward and based on numbers we already get.

Good luck. With the audience it is going to need to be right 99% of the time, forget the wind.

Logged into my swingbyte-my trophy, are now gone!!

Dont care for the competition aspect-think it is detrimental as trying to hit too hard is a big no.

The pro swings are anything but that ~ drivers hit with in-out path and open face-see yon on the next fairway . hope it wasn't you Kolosy.

Good luck. With the audience it is going to need to be right 99% of the time, forget the wind.

Logged into my swingbyte-my trophy, are now gone!!

Dont care for the competition aspect-think it is detrimental as trying to hit too hard is a big no.

The pro swings are anything but that ~ drivers hit with in-out path and open face-see yon on the next fairway . hope it wasn't you Kolosy.

the badges will come back, it's just being updated. the pro swings are a variety of shot shapes. we're going to filter them out a bit and clarify which are which.

... and I wish I could swing a driver at 115mph.

Thanks for the chuckle. :D

I'm a little confused as to why the SB would consistently tell me the club face is open at address. I would think that if assumptions are needed to be made that having the club face pointing directly at the target at address would be the chosen direction. My club ALWAYS points at the target for this effort, yet the angles in the analysis reports are always open and vary from 1 to 15 degrees.

What would be nice, is having a text box to enter the desired club face angle at address and then base the rest of the swing from that. Even nicer would be a way to tell the software that I am setup so many degrees open (or closed) to the target line too. Plus a way to tell the software what the shaft angle is at address instead of it "adding to the lie" arbitrarily.

Oh yeh, as you know the 10" tablets can display the "selectable" data alongside the swingpath graphics. It would be nice to have the software remember my settings so the next time I start the program I dont have to reselect what I want to see on the screen.

One last thought, is there anyway to force a calibration on the SB? It always seems to pop up a box telling me calibration was required and it is complete. Invariably it seems, it's always when I am moving the club that this happens. So I have to wonder, did it think it calibrated itself while the club was moving? Does that explain why I see such odd numbers?

I'm a little confused as to why the SB would consistently tell me the club face is open at address. I would think that if assumptions are needed to be made that having the club face pointing directly at the target at address would be the chosen direction. My club ALWAYS points at the target for this effort, yet the angles in the analysis reports are always open and vary from 1 to 15 degrees.

What would be nice, is having a text box to enter the desired club face angle at address and then base the rest of the swing from that. Even nicer would be a way to tell the software that I am setup so many degrees open (or closed) to the target line too. Plus a way to tell the software what the shaft angle is at address instead of it "adding to the lie" arbitrarily.

Oh yeh, as you know the 10" tablets can display the "selectable" data alongside the swingpath graphics. It would be nice to have the software remember my settings so the next time I start the program I dont have to reselect what I want to see on the screen.

One last thought, is there anyway to force a calibration on the SB? It always seems to pop up a box telling me calibration was required and it is complete. Invariably it seems, it's always when I am moving the club that this happens. So I have to wonder, did it think it calibrated itself while the club was moving? Does that explain why I see such odd numbers?

The angle reported - are you referring to face to path or face to address?

as far as selectable offsets, we can certainly do that, but the issue is that it's pretty difficult for you to know how many degrees you're off from the target. shaft angle at address isn't arbitrary - it's just relative to the true horizon.

the settings being reset - i'll add that to the issue list, and the calibration dialog being messed up is an issue that's being fixed in the next release. the next release will also let you force calibration (due out this coming week)

Kolosy, I gotta say, I'm thoroughly impressed with your willingness to engage with us, work off our feedback and your general high-touch-positive-attitude customer support. I sincerely hope your product continues to be successful.

Kolosy, I gotta say, I'm thoroughly impressed with your willingness to engage with us, work off our feedback and your general high-touch-positive-attitude customer support. I sincerely hope your product continues to be successful.

+1 from this sb user!

Back