Hyundai Tournament of Champions [Spoilers]

300 yard driver off the deck to follow a 348 drive off the tee.

Now will DJ attempt the same thing?

And an eagle!! I would be quite choked if he missed that putt.

Camilo seems to be struggling ever since he left those 2 approaches short a little while ago. I call that pulling a Gus.

3 shots from inside of the same 5 ft will do that to you...

Mcdowell just demonstrated my drill which I posted on not long ago. Swing the club with the handle down to get the tempo. Cool!!

Mcdowell just demonstrated my drill which I posted on not long ago. Swing the club with the handle down to get the tempo. Cool!!

I'm gonna try this Gray, I need tempo help!!

Dustin Johnson already testing the rules officials and its only the 1st round of the 1st tournament of the year

I love Stricker's comment "Well, going by how far he hits it..."

Says a lot about DJ when other Pros marvel at his length

So what is the issue with DJ right now? They can't decide where to drop or what? I missed what happened.

I really really shouldn't do this but....That's what she said!

I was waiting for it... :)
And once upon a time I would have been surprised to hear GG say that... and then I met her. :act-up:

I know I know it was totally inappropriate but it's been a really long day and it just had to be said.

Now back to the tournament. It's so nice to have golf to watch again. I can't stop following the live scores I am infatuated with this feature.

I was waiting for it... :)
And once upon a time I would have been surprised to hear GG say that... and then I met her. :act-up:

So what is the issue with DJ right now? They can't decide where to drop or what? I missed what happened.

they didn't see the ball go in the hazard so they couldn't confirm it was in there, it was debated whether he should drop or go back to the tee.

they didn't see the ball go in the hazard so they couldn't confirm it was in there, it was debated whether he should drop or go back to the tee.

I see, thanks!

We all marvel at DJ's length...LOL...but look at Stricker playing along side and is -5.

I really really shouldn't do this but....That's what she said!

OMG, I almost wet my pants this time! Thanks for the belly laugh GG. I needed it too!

I am not going to say what I just had a huge belly laugh about, but it was too freaking funny :laughing::rofl: lmao!!!

errrrr Dustin Johnson is pretty long I hear, off the tee huh?? He just needs to be a little straighter.....

Fantasy League Updates:

I would normally put a list of where everyone is but with 117 people, fat chance!

I'm in 36th place, right behind Staticline and biggsy (T34) and just ahead of G-Man.

Since it's on almost every thread, white TM drivers in play this week -

DJohnson/R11
RGarrigus/R11
JRose/R11
MBettencourt/R11
JDay/Burner S'Fast 2.0
CVillegas/Burner S'Fast 2.0

Anyone hearing of the chatter with Camilo's possible rules violation on 15 yesterday?

What happened?
From Ryan Ballengee (NBC Golf):

Camilo Villegas was playing the 15th hole at Kapalua in the opening round of the Hyundai Tournament of Champions when his approach shot to the par-5 landed short and right of the green. Villegas faced a chip shot up a rather steep, shaved bank to a front pin placement.

Villegas attempted to hit a fairly lofted chip shot, but it landed short of the target and rolled back toward the Colombian. On his second chip shot, Villegas tried to scoot the ball up onto the putting surface with a bump-and-run. That, too, failed to land on the green.

As the ball rolled back to Villegas, he watched it come back to him before noticing a loose piece of dirt that the ball could have hit on the way back down the hill. Using the club he chipped with, Villegas moved the dirt.

That could be construed as a violation of Rule 23-1 of the Rules of Golf, which states:

When a ball is in motion, a loose impediment that might influence the movement of the ball must not be removed.

If deemed to have broken the rule, it would result in a two stroke penalty. Villegas may have mistakenly signed for seven, the number of strokes he took to complete the hole. In that case, he would be disqualified for signing for an incorrect score.

ProGolfTalk is trying to contact the PGA Tour to inquire about the situation.

Update: An update on the Camilo situation: Tour rules officials will review the tape this morning. (via Ryan Ballengee)

When i tweeted Marty Hackel from GD to comment on DJ's smurf outfit he just tweeted back to me 'it's a strong look but he can pull it off'.

Ugh. At least his driver matched his belt

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

Back