Hybrid shaft recommendation needed

PiratePenguin

2024 Goat Cup Team Brennan
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have a Paradym 6 hybrid that needs a heavier shaft(currently the stock Hzrdus Silver 65). I was fit into an Oban Isawa red hybrid shaft for my 5 hybrid (72g, mid spin, mid/high launch, reg flex). My irons are Fuji Pro95. I'm thinking something in between those two weight wise maybe in the 80-85g range with mid spin - mid launch.

Browsing some options I see that I think would fit the profile and that I could get with the Callaway adapter:

Graphite Design Tour AD HY 85 - 88g, mid-mid/high
Aldila Rogue Black HB 85 TR - 83g, mid-mid
Oban Devotion Hybrid 85 - 84g, mid-mid
KBS Prototype 85 - 85g, mid-mid
Mitsubishi Tensei 1k Pro - 80g, mid-mid

Never hit any of those besides the Devotion in a previous driver/3 wood (both) but never the hybrid version. Most are similar price (the Aldila is cheaper) so that isn't really a concern. I'm not quick in transition.

Any thoughts on any of these or others I should consider?

I’ve hit the first two. I really like the Aldila Rogue. Got along great with it in my PXG hybrid years back.

Had the Tour AD in a cobra hybrid and it was good but never hit that club great. I’ve also tried it in a driver and never really got along with it

You'd not go wrong trying the Xcaliber Rapid Taper 75 or 85gm either in there, profile is what your after, weight as well and they work well in hybrids as much as irons.

New models are longer raw for building out as hybrids.

UST Mamiya LINQ TSPX M40x in blue. I saw they have that in a hybrid and man i love these shafts in my driver and fw woods. Might be worth a try for sure.

I have a Paradym 6 hybrid that needs a heavier shaft(currently the stock Hzrdus Silver 65). I was fit into an Oban Isawa red hybrid shaft for my 5 hybrid (72g, mid spin, mid/high launch, reg flex). My irons are Fuji Pro95. I'm thinking something in between those two weight wise maybe in the 80-85g range with mid spin - mid launch.

Browsing some options I see that I think would fit the profile and that I could get with the Callaway adapter:

Graphite Design Tour AD HY 85 - 88g, mid-mid/high
Aldila Rogue Black HB 85 TR - 83g, mid-mid
Oban Devotion Hybrid 85 - 84g, mid-mid
KBS Prototype 85 - 85g, mid-mid
Mitsubishi Tensei 1k Pro - 80g, mid-mid

Never hit any of those besides the Devotion in a previous driver/3 wood (both) but never the hybrid version. Most are similar price (the Aldila is cheaper) so that isn't really a concern. I'm not quick in transition.

Any thoughts on any of these or others I should consider?
I have a LIN-Q White in my Cobra and it is amazing. The best hybrid shaft I have used hands down. PLenty of feedback here

UST Mamiya LINQ TSPX M40x in blue. I saw they have that in a hybrid and man i love these shafts in my driver and fw woods. Might be worth a try for sure.

Looks like that one would be too light. Low 70s. I'd stick with the Isawa at that weight. Darn.

switched my AI Smoke 4 and 5 hybrid shafts to KBS Prototypes at 85 gram Reg, nice transition to my 110 gram kbs tour iron shafts and my woods with 65 gram shafts ... couldnt be happier with the increase distance, ball flight and dispersion over cypher 2.0 and tensei blue

Just throw that 6 hybrid away…

Just throw that 6 hybrid away…
Harry Potter No GIF

Back