How would feel...

RayG

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
... being behind these guys? From a 'Mygolfspy' Post. NOBODY should be posting more than a 10, double par, tops. I think hdcp's don't even count those. And a FOURTEEN on a Par 3?

card.png

They've got just as much right to be on the course as I do. They paid their green fees right? And weren't playing too slow I hope.

Who am I to pick on someone's game? I post similar scores although I tend to stop at double par. I don't carry a handicap so it doesn't matter to my game.

I don't think it really matters what the score is if they are able to keep pace of play. 3 players like that, though I have a hard time believing pace of play was normal.

Why are there so many posts coming over from that sh***y website?

Do you think people post over there with how awesome the writers are here?

I don't think it really matters what the score is if they are able to keep pace of play. 3 players like that, though I have a hard time believing pace of play was normal.

Kind of my point. There are always tales of the guy who can't find a fairway or can only go hit a drive out to 200 yards saying "I play the tips because I want my money's worth and I can keep up..." No, No you can't. Hitting 8 shots will always take longer than hitting 7, or 6, or 5. You have to know your limitations and adjust accordingly. And I don't think handicaps were on their minds either... But I bet there was at least a dollar a side riding on that game...

Meh, maybe no one was behind them or they let people play through? I've been there before, maybe not 175 there, but 130 there.

... being behind these guys? From a 'Mygolfspy' Post. NOBODY should be posting more than a 10, double par, tops. I think hdcp's don't even count those. And a FOURTEEN on a Par 3?

Another guy took a 17 on a P3, where's his love?😣 I don't really care what they 'shot' if they didn't slow things down ... but I assume they must have.

Matt and Nick wish they had Ryan's game.

I just can't imagine how 17 on a par 3 could be any fun at all?

I can't imagine how reading anything from that website is fun.
I didn't know anything about it prior to having a video I linked from there removed, so I went and looked around a little. Not a fan.

Last edited:
I would of hoped Ryan would of gotten a 14 on the par 3 as well so Matt and Ryan would have combined for 28 on the par 3.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Another guy took a 17 on a P3, where's his love?😣 I don't really care what they 'shot' if they didn't slow things down ... but I assume they must have.
Yikes, I missed that 17 somehow. So that might have been at least 7 or 8 balls lost if it’s over water.

I used to play in a league in which one member routinely shooting the 120s. And he was one of the fastest players in the league.

I wouldn't care how they were playing. I'd just be ready to go when it was my turn to hit.

Since I'm no longer carrying a hdcp, I usually pick up after 3 over par, and count it as 4 over. 98% of my over pars are 1, or 2 over.

Like others, as long as they're not holding groups up, I dont really care what they shoot, but I've got to think a 17 on a par 3 is holding people up no matter how fast you're trying to play.

I'm impressed Nick was able to keep his score straight though. I often times finish putting and have to replay every shot to tally up my score.

I used to play in a league in which one member routinely shooting the 120s. And he was one of the fastest players in the league.
There are just too many examples like this to ignore the fact that it is much, much less the skill and much, much more the attitude that will create or eliminate pace of play.

But hey, crappy golfers are an easy target.

Probably did not have to go too far to the next shot

Keep the pace shoot whatever you shoot. It's all good.

Hopefully they weren't holding anyone up and letting people play through. I love the single bogies marked on the card. Also I think it would have been interesting to see some of those 13, 14, and 17 shot holes, there had to be some terrible shots to witness or battling out of some trees or water balls. I don't think I have ever seen anyone record over a 10 on a hole.

When I was a beginner, I had LOTS of well intentioned older golfers tell me how important it was to finish every hole, count every stroke, play according to the rules no matter how many shots it took. Otherwise, you'll never learn to be a "real golfer". I'm saying I heard pretty much some slight variation on that advice from a dozen different people over a period of a few years.

It's complete nonsense, of course. But it took me a year or two to realize how full of crap those guys were, well intentioned or not.

I’m not one to judge, let them play.

Reactions: Ooo
Back