How old were you when you got your first hole-in-one... and how long had you been playing...?

jpgolf

“JP”
Reaction score
Handicap
What was your age at the time of your first hole in one... and how long had you been playing golf at that time? Maybe this can encourage others that it can still happen!

My only one (so far)... happened in 2017. I was 63 years old... and had been playing for approx 22 years at that time. On a par 3 at 159 yards.

Never years old, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Ooo
I’ll let you know when I get it. 🤣

edit: oops, I should have included… I’ve been playing 45+ yrs. Bad golf? Bad luck? Both?? 🤷

Last edited:
Reactions: Ooo
I was 43 when I got my first an only...total years playing at that point was ~20.

I think I got one in Tiger Woods PGA Tour when I was like 13.

In real golf - I will let ya know

I’m 51, playing for 36 years, and never had one. Seen 3 in playing groups.

Today years old and still waiting :rolleyes:

I was 58 and had been playing golf for about 35 years when I got my first and only HIO.

38 years old and had been playing 16 years. I'm 68 now and haven't made any more so I was fortunate to get mine fairly early. Don't lose hope if you haven't yet. A lady in the 4some right behind us aced the 15th at Ledgestone last week. She was in her mid 70s and had been playing almost 50 years. It was her 1st.

Still hopefull after 10 years🤔

I was 72 yrs. old. I have been playing since I was 18 yrs old. Holed out on the 12th hole of the Lake Course at Chautauqua Golf Club.

I started playing in 1978 at age 13 and got my first one at age 29, I’d guess about 1500 rounds before I got my first one. My son really didn’t start playing more than once or twice a year until age 22 and got one at age 23 which is damn lucky. :)

Last edited:
I was 13. I started playing when I was 5.

Got my first in my mid 20's, had been playing for a bit under 10 years. Got my last one ( #5) in my early 40's over 20 yrs ago. I have holed out a number of times on par 3 courses since but not one that counts on a regulation course. I have rattled the pin a few times but just not lucky.......

I got my one and only on July 15, 1985. I was 30 years old and had been playing for 22 years.

1969, 14 years old playing with my dad on a hotel's par 3 nine hole course in Nassau, the Bahamas. I'd been playing for four years.

Took me till 2008 to get my next one then had another a month later.

I don't remember exactly - ball and card are actually in a box right now - I want to say I was about 52 and had been playing at least 40 years. That was my only one thus far.

Back