How old is your putter..?

jpgolf

“JP”
Reaction score
Handicap
How old is your putter..? Not really asking how long you have had it... (as you may be playing a putter that was old before you got it). Approximately what year was it made?

I play an Odyssey Dual Force 554 plumbers necklace putter. It has the Stronomic face insert. It came out before Callaway acquired Odyssey (which was 1997 I think). So.... I think I’m playing a putter that came out in 1996.

current putter was produced early 2020. It replaces the same models dating around 2018 and 2007. the 2020 works better because it was optimized for my style of putting. if the others were built to the same specs, they might be as good or better.

Well the Mizuno III is only a few years old, but I added a new shaft and grip - so Frankenstein aftermarket putter is only about 3 months old.

Less than a year. 2022 putter

It's from like 2017

2021 or 2022? I bought it this year, but it wasn't like brand new.

I game 2. One from 2020 and one from 2005.

i think my two oldest are somewhere around 16 years old

newest within the past year.

Bought my Newport 2 last Christmas while visiting family in California.

Mine is an Odyssey White Ice #9 and near as I can tell, it was released in the US sometime in 2010 or 2011.

2022 bby

Honestly don't know; pretty sure its a little over 20 years however. Its a Never Compromise.

It is from 2012. Odyssey Metal-X #7. I got one for Morgan Cup 2.0 and a couple years ago bought a used one.

10 months, gosh they just grow up so fast.

I've never geeked out with parsing zip codes or whatever on my ancient Ping putters. But I have several manganese bronze Ansers with the sound slot and they seem to be the versions that were produced around 1972-1974. So call it half a century, give or take.

Not quite as long as I've been alive but they were made many years before I ever picked up a golf club. I bought them all a few years back when you could get those old Ansers is near-perfect condition off eBay for $30-$40 (unless they were one of the highly collectible zip codes).

Every time I putt with a modern putter for a couple rounds I go scuttling back to my Ansers. Much lighter, no distracting "alignment aids", good old Pingman grips. Everything needed for good putting exept the stroke itself!

2001 Odyssey 2 Ball (OG before the OG) and a 2002 SC Newport 2 Pro Platinum

Still hasn't learned how to walk yet.

2022 release. First time I have had a current release year putter in the bag for any length of time is several years.

A few months..

My putter is almost 13 years old. Gift for my 18th birthday. I’m turning 31 in December. Scotty Cameron California Coronado

Ping Anser Dalehead. I bought it new in 1971. Still using it.

Back